Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

oystertoadfish posted:

I'd say they might start with the Charlemagne borders, add everything the French north of the Channel have been up to including lots of North America, and then add some more too

"When you think about it, New England is really a nation of runaway French subjects!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Totally worth it. I honestly don’t care much for our allies with the exception of Benin. Russia is absolutely horrifying though.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
I like the Gallic Empire idea. It suits Frangleterre, and it makes me think of a French Mussolini type figure, harking back to Gaul's traditional Roman roots sort of thing. Fascists love history and empires.

If we're nearing the end of this LP, I hope we get an epilogue. I really liked the Hohenzollern one which was set in, or near modern day.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Ikasuhito posted:

"When you think about it, New England is really a nation of runaway French subjects!"

i imagine the textbook definition of 'English' would be 'French people who hadn't/haven't realized it yet'

is south america/gharbia still a reasonably liberal monarchical triumvirate? some rio-type place might still be the spot to go - just avoid those peripheral zones where they're still bullying all their neighbors

one of whom is now the frangleterre fascists, actually. maybe south america's quiet period will end in the mid-20th century

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Patter Song posted:

So...Berlin is now a city in the westernmost part of Russia. Wow.

Is the minor south of Vienna Slovenia?

Pretty sure Berlin is still German with those borders, definitely very close at the borders now though.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Chatrapati posted:

If we're nearing the end of this LP, I hope we get an epilogue. I really liked the Hohenzollern one which was set in, or near modern day.

There's gonna be a big epilogue when we reach the end, yeah, but there's a bit more left to this story...

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Clearly the final stage in the LP is Stellaris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hashim posted:

There's gonna be a big epilogue when we reach the end, yeah, but there's a bit more left to this story...

Shine on you crazy diamond.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
You crazy madman.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Can't wait for that Shared Burdens run once we move to Stellaris.

Alternatively we can turn Fanatic Purifier and murder all the Space Moroccans.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jan 2, 2019

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

What game is that?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

What game is that?

Looks to me like HoI4 with some maps/graphics mods

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
How old is our Supreme Leader? When will we have to deal with his inevitable death.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Crazycryodude posted:

Can't wait for that Shared Burdens run once we move to Stellaris.

Alternatively we can turn Fanatic Purifier and murder all the Space Moroccans.

Have you seen this world? Do you really think we're gonna make it to space?

For real though, I don't really play Stellaris, so I decided a long time ago that this LP was gonna end in Vic2 or HOI. I feel like 5 games is more than enough for one LP anyways.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

GSD posted:

How old is our Supreme Leader? When will we have to deal with his inevitable death.

Around his late 50s, I'd say. If he manages to survive to 1936 without getting assassinated, I'll probably have him die naturally by event early into HOI, letting us shake up our options a bit.

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

So Russia is just gonna shoot itself into space and become a Stagnant Ascendancy come Stellaris, right? Makes sense given their current trajectory.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Our biggest fuckup was not making a sincere effort to ally with the Russians.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Jack2142 posted:

Our biggest fuckup was not making a sincere effort to ally with the Russians.

I’m still confused how our Iberian/German doomstack collapsed against a much smaller Russian army. It seemed like there was a faint hope that we could have somehow negotiated a relatively mild peace if we didn’t get completely slaughtered in Central Europe.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Snipee posted:

I’m still confused how our Iberian/German doomstack collapsed against a much smaller Russian army. It seemed like there was a faint hope that we could have somehow negotiated a relatively mild peace if we didn’t get completely slaughtered in Central Europe.

It's past 1919, all the level 6 Army techs are unlocked. Russia has high literacy and probably researches really quickly. If they have a tech edge there, that'll do a lot of the work.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Russia was defending, which right there is already a MASSIVE and almost unbeatable advantage this late in the game, and then on top of that they probably had a tech edge.

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
Looking forward to the various branches of our HoI4 focus tree consisting solely of ways to horribly gently caress ourselves over.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

honestly Hashim unless russia collapses in vicky/HOI4/you code it to somewhere you might as well just start the epilogue wherever the second war begins and note that whatever side russia was on was the winner

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Crazycryodude posted:

Russia was defending, which right there is already a MASSIVE and almost unbeatable advantage this late in the game, and then on top of that they probably had a tech edge.

Only if you bring insufficient recon value, like our army did. If your army has 100% recon then enemy's dug in bonus is cut to -1 or -2 at most, instead of the -6 or so that it likely was. Correct army composition is hugely important in the late game and one of the reasons why pure mobilized all infantry armies suck so hard.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Soup du Jour posted:

honestly Hashim unless russia collapses in vicky/HOI4/you code it to somewhere you might as well just start the epilogue wherever the second war begins and note that whatever side russia was on was the winner

I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't been some kinda coalition formed against Russia yet. You'd think that simple realpolitik would dictate that the rest of the European Great Powers wouldn't want a Russia that spans from the Pacific to Germany.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Soup du Jour posted:

Eh, Russia isn't invincible, and we definitely would've been able to do some damage to them if we didn't just come out of a civil war, and were relying almost completely on conscripted infantry. Not to mention the fact that Germany held of them and the Dual Monarchy for 5 years before finally caving in.

We needed time to rest and rebuild our forces, and with the peace treaty, we've got that. Unless something big happens and another world war breaks out in vicky, then I'll probably focus on rebuilding our army and navy for the rest of the game.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jan 2, 2019

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm honestly surprised that there hasn't been some kinda coalition formed against Russia yet. You'd think that simple realpolitik would dictate that the rest of the European Great Powers wouldn't want a Russia that spans from the Pacific to Germany.

Vicky 2 doesn't have any proper coalition mechanics like EU4 does, the only thing disincentivising countries from allying with Russia is their BB score.

Also: I can't imagine that Vienna stays independent for long.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

sheep-dodger posted:

Vicky 2 doesn't have any proper coalition mechanics like EU4 does, the only thing disincentivising countries from allying with Russia is their BB score.

Also: I can't imagine that Vienna stays independent for long.

I know, there's a lot that Vicky 2 doesn't have proper mechanics for. Still doesn't make it less strange from an in-universe perspective.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I want to know what the Red Turbans are up to.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

It's interesting to think about what lessons the observers from neutral powers will come away with in this universe.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Vinny Possum posted:

I want to know what the Red Turbans are up to.

Probably the same they've been doing the entire game.

Nothing.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Grammarchist posted:

It's interesting to think about what lessons the observers from neutral powers will come away with in this universe.

"Never ally Iberia" is this universe's "Never start a land war in Asia."

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Pakled posted:

Morocco did pretty well out of it until we betrayed them for basically no reason and they went on to ruin our day for centuries.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Frangleterre came out of it pretty well until they died on the Pyrenees.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Hey, who did the lp that ended with Distant Worlds?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

That was grey hunters Ghana lp,where in he accidentally blows up a planet

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Archaeology Hat posted:

Morocco did pretty well out of it until we betrayed them for basically no reason and they went on to ruin our day for centuries.

It wasn't no reason, it was a "Let's kick Morocco before they get all the good colonies and/or kick us first!" initiative if I'm not mistaken.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Luhood posted:

It wasn't no reason, it was a "Let's kick Morocco before they get all the good colonies and/or kick us first!" initiative if I'm not mistaken.

And what a success it was! :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It was actually Morocco who broke our alliance for no reason and then allied with France.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Pakled posted:

God, this somehow took like five hours to do.:negative:

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

:perfect: