Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

poo poo IS POPPING OFF IN MY MINDWORLD

A marine being tortured by Russia= A good thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The Narrator posted:

why would elites want to destroy the global economy

Global economic collapse = more children in orphanages = more adechrome to harvest 😨

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Narrator posted:

so they can make a killing shorting it and bail themselves out with poor people money while justifying austerity

that one's not even a conspiracy

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Narrator posted:

cross out elites and write in "jews"

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

The Narrator posted:

Because they are the Bad Guys. Seriously. That's literally, and I mean it literally, not hyperbolically, something Cobra tried in the old GI Joe cartoon. Because, again, you're dealing with a mind that, like the intended audience of that cartoon, operates on an extremely childish level. All bad things are the fault and goal and means of the Bad Guys.

The Cabal at once want to rule the world (even though they already do, since like all Illuminati conspiracies it makes no sense) and destroy it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Because they are the Bad Guys. Seriously. That's literally, and I mean it literally, not hyperbolically, something Cobra tried in the old GI Joe cartoon. Because, again, you're dealing with a mind that, like the intended audience of that cartoon, operates on an extremely childish level. All bad things are the fault and goal and means of the Bad Guys.

The Cabal at once want to rule the world (even though they already do, since like all Illuminati conspiracies it makes no sense) and destroy it.

Even more than that, they think Satan is the true mastermind behind all this, and the Globalists are staffed by literal demons. They think they are dealing with the source of all capital-E Evil, as some sort of elemental force.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

They’re not quite evil enough to kill people for real so they use crisis actors, which only makes sense to cartoon writers who are worried about censors.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mantis42 posted:

so they can make a killing shorting it and bail themselves out with poor people money while justifying austerity

that one's not even a conspiracy

The thing is they are so loving close to realizing rich people are the problem; they just have made some convoluted insane reason involving demons (instead of late stage capitalism) and they just think all the ones on their side are the good ones.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 3, 2019

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

TulliusCicero posted:

The thing is they are so loving close to realizing rich people are the problem; they just have made some convoluted insane reason involving demons (instead of late stage capitslism) and they just think all the ones on their side are the good ones.

That's because they don't want to think rich people are the problem. They want to be rich people too.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Platystemon posted:

They’re not quite evil enough to kill people for real so they use crisis actors, which only makes sense to cartoon writers who are worried about censors.

I mean, the NPC meme is basically just the same as when 80's cartoons made all the henchpeople robots.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Fulchrum posted:

I mean, the NPC meme is basically just the same as when 80's cartoons made all the henchpeople robots.

Except one is saying anyone who disagrees with you is essentially subhuman, and the other was literally robots.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I like even in their fantasy, Russia is Trump's savior.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
"50 elites attempt to pull 5 trillion from the world economy."

Well, let's see. 5 trillion over 50 is 100 billion per elite.

Jeff Bezos is the only person in the world with a personal worth over 100 billion.

Therefore it must have been Jeff Bezos and 49 of his clones!

I love that this whole part seems to be predicated on some idea that you can just move major multinational assets, like Amazon, out of the economy in the middle of the night. It's like a special ATM that rich people have.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Murgos posted:

"50 elites attempt to pull 5 trillion from the world economy."

Well, let's see. 5 trillion over 50 is 100 billion per elite.

Jeff Bezos is the only person in the world with a personal worth over 100 billion.

Therefore it must have been Jeff Bezos and 49 of his clones!

I love that this whole part seems to be predicated on some idea that you can just move major multinational assets, like Amazon, out of the economy in the middle of the night. It's like a special ATM that rich people have.

This seems really apropos of nothing. Is there a twitter post or something I'm missing?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Bottom of the previous page? Not that hard to find. Everyone on this page has been talking about it.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Neo_Crimson posted:

Even more than that, they think Satan is the true mastermind behind all this, and the Globalists are staffed by literal demons. They think they are dealing with the source of all capital-E Evil, as some sort of elemental force.

Yes, I know, I made posts earlier int he thread talking about it. That's exactly what I'm getting at. Whether it's the Illuminati or Satan or both this sort of mindset/script operates on the assumption the enemy is the source and incarnation of all evil and that everything and anything they dislike or oppose are simply manifestations of the enemy, rather than unique enemies.

Again, it's part of why these people are able to hold such contradictory views of their enemies without issue - and I'm not talking about the usual fash style enemy being both super impotent and super powerful. I mean more how Nazis accused Jews of simultaneously being capitalist overlords and communist revolutionaries, or how Obama is both a Marxist and a stooge for Wall Street. Hell, arguably even Michelle Obama being at once grotesquely obese and massively muscular, according to them, is arguably an example of this.

Basically my argument is entirely that one of the core issues here is that this sort of mindset, in addition to being xenophobic and violent, is extremely, extremely, extremely childish and simplistic. There is Good and Bad and it is so starkly black and white and simplistic that there is not even room for multiple enemies - everything that is at odds with the mindset is simply another expression of the Bad, rather than a unique enemy to be confronted and challenged on its own terms. It, again, is why you wind up with these folks buying into fundamentalist Christianity with its apocalyptic overtones, and/or adopting Illuminati/NWO conspiracy theories where every single bad thing in the world is working, whether or not they realize it, for the Illuminati.

Comparisons to Saturday Morning Cartoons, particularly the more simplistic ones of the 80s, are super apt because that's the level of intellectual activity and mental development these folks are operating on - at best.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Scene: Late night desk at the World Bank

Junior Analyst: "Sir, a withdrawl request just came over the wire. A big one! 5 trillion dollars!"

Senior Analyst: "Who is making the withdrawl?"

JA, "Uh, it says, Literally Satan Inc, your SJW left overlords - P.S. We are totally not going to give everyone health care with this money, pinkie swear.".

SA, "Hmm, something seems fishy here. Let's call Trump on the hotline! What? He's in a secret bunker? Pick up the special line to Putin! He'll know what to do!"

JA, "Whew, world financial crisis narrowly averted!!!"

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Yes, I know, I made posts earlier int he thread talking about it. That's exactly what I'm getting at. Whether it's the Illuminati or Satan or both this sort of mindset/script operates on the assumption the enemy is the source and incarnation of all evil and that everything and anything they dislike or oppose are simply manifestations of the enemy, rather than unique enemies.

Again, it's part of why these people are able to hold such contradictory views of their enemies without issue - and I'm not talking about the usual fash style enemy being both super impotent and super powerful. I mean more how Nazis accused Jews of simultaneously being capitalist overlords and communist revolutionaries, or how Obama is both a Marxist and a stooge for Wall Street. Hell, arguably even Michelle Obama being at once grotesquely obese and massively muscular, according to them, is arguably an example of this.

Basically my argument is entirely that one of the core issues here is that this sort of mindset, in addition to being xenophobic and violent, is extremely, extremely, extremely childish and simplistic. There is Good and Bad and it is so starkly black and white and simplistic that there is not even room for multiple enemies - everything that is at odds with the mindset is simply another expression of the Bad, rather than a unique enemy to be confronted and challenged on its own terms. It, again, is why you wind up with these folks buying into fundamentalist Christianity with its apocalyptic overtones, and/or adopting Illuminati/NWO conspiracy theories where every single bad thing in the world is working, whether or not they realize it, for the Illuminati.

Comparisons to Saturday Morning Cartoons, particularly the more simplistic ones of the 80s, are super apt because that's the level of intellectual activity and mental development these folks are operating on - at best.

It's just called manichean thinking. The world exists to be a battlefield between the (material) Evil and the (spiritual) Good. The parentheses are optional, especially under liberalism where material things are good.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I think my favorite part of the Q Anon conspiracy is how this group of shadowy elites with claws everywhere somehow forgot to infiltrate the military.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I think my favorite part of the Q Anon conspiracy is how this group of shadowy elites with claws everywhere somehow forgot to infiltrate the military.

You can't flip a patriot. are troops believe in real American values like opressive military dictstorship and nobody can buy a true paartiot like are troop are

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

You can't flip a patriot. are troops believe in real American values like opressive military dictstorship and nobody can buy a true paartiot like are troop are

Unless theyre trans or gay then they're corrupting are troops

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

It's so cool and good how 4chan, atheist and rationalist paradise, spawned a conspiracy theory movement that is now full of boomers who are normally posting "1 LIKE = 1 PRAYRER" memes and masturbating to are troops

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

This actually got me thinking, I wonder how fast one could rise through the ranks with the explicit backing of a powerful senator.

Edit: looks like you can get to full-bird O-6 in about 20 years service. Like late-Clinton-era butterbars could be generals by now. Seems like that's a trivial amount of time for a vast global conspiracy to Manchurian.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jan 3, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

JFK you say?

Cross posting from C-SPAM because holy gently caress will the qultist boomers go nuts over an obviously fake account.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

This actually got me thinking, I wonder how fast one could rise through the ranks with the explicit backing of a powerful senator.

In the actual for real military? There are set schedules for when you're eligible to move from rank to rank as an officer, and also a separate schedule for basically when they'll boot you from the military if you're not rising fast enough and don't have special dispensation to stay at a particular rank.

It is something like the earliest you could go from freshly commissioned second lieutenant out of the military academy at age 21 or so to a one star general is 25 years so age 46, and then only if you were performing exceptionally well and at the higher ranks there was a convenient set of people retiring ahead of you to ensure you weren't delayed there (as there are only limited slots available at the higher ranks). A friendly senator can't really help you there, there are hard and fast rules on what one needs to have done to be allowed in the candidate pool at the high ends.

In older times when we had massive drafted armies and stuff, a lot of people could get rapid battle theater promotions, but those often wouldn't stick in peace time, or you'd "have" a high rank but not get the pay or benefits at home until enough time had passed.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

TulliusCicero posted:

JFK you say?

Cross posting from C-SPAM because holy gently caress will the qultist boomers go nuts over an obviously fake account.

Just came to post this. I don't understand how these people can't see that they're getting played.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

fishmech posted:

In the actual for real military? There are set schedules for when you're eligible to move from rank to rank as an officer, and also a separate schedule for basically when they'll boot you from the military if you're not rising fast enough and don't have special dispensation to stay at a particular rank.

It is something like the earliest you could go from freshly commissioned second lieutenant out of the military academy at age 21 or so to a one star general is 25 years so age 46, and then only if you were performing exceptionally well and at the higher ranks there was a convenient set of people retiring ahead of you to ensure you weren't delayed there (as there are only limited slots available at the higher ranks). A friendly senator can't really help you there, there are hard and fast rules on what one needs to have done to be allowed in the candidate pool at the high ends.

In older times when we had massive drafted armies and stuff, a lot of people could get rapid battle theater promotions, but those often wouldn't stick in peace time, or you'd "have" a high rank but not get the pay or benefits at home until enough time had passed.

Eh, in the actual US military many positions, along with their attendant rank, require that their nominations be confirmed by the Senate. So, not only is a Senator friend important, it's actually of pretty much a requirement.

General officer appointments:
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/noms_confn.htm

An example:
https://www.congress.gov/nomination/115th-congress/2376

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Murgos posted:

Eh, in the actual US military many positions, along with their attendant rank, require that their nominations be confirmed by the Senate. So, not only is a Senator friend important, it's actually of pretty much a requirement.

General officer appointments:
https://www.senate.gov/legislative/noms_confn.htm

An example:
https://www.congress.gov/nomination/115th-congress/2376

That's more of a situation of, you need to not have a Senator enemy who'd gently caress with the routine appointment slates.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
i went deep into Q twitter today boys and

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

I've now seen two graffiti Q's in a little mountain town in Colorado, one right at the main stoplight downtown :psypop:
Someone should make some stickers making fun of Q to slap on these things.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

i went deep into Q twitter today boys and

What the gently caress is "cyber phrenology?"

How do you figure out skull size over the internet? How do you believe in phrenology in TYOOL 2019? :psyduck:

...What?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Going to guess it has nothing to do with regular phrenology and is just a fancy term for "meme magic".

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

How do you figure out skull size over the internet? How do you believe in phrenology in TYOOL 2019? :psyduck:

...What?

idk but it's real and it's terrifying.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A big theme of the Trump Era is "What if this obviously dumb and long-discredited orthodoxy is actually hot and new and edgy?"

Phrenology, flat earth, race science, Jordon Peterson lecturing you about traditional Christian values and natural hierarchies...

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 3, 2019

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

poo poo IS POPPING OFF IN MY MINDWORLD

House of Cards really has jumped the shark

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

A big theme of the Trump Era is "What if this obviously dumb and long-discredited orthodoxy is actually hot and new and edgy?"

Phrenology, flat earth, race science, Jordon Peterson lecturing you about traditional Christian values and natural hierarchies...

reactionaries gonna react

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
only one phrenology I need

:colbert:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

TulliusCicero posted:

...What?

Wouldn't Cyber Phrenology just be managing to detect someones computer specs through a network?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

Wouldn't Cyber Phrenology just be managing to detect someones computer specs through a network?

It's determining the specs of a computer by analyzing its case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ponzicar posted:

It's determining the specs of a computer by analyzing its case.