Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Animals was really great in S1 I didn’t watch the other ones but as a pet owner and a professional pet sitter I loved it because animals are silly little furry people with cute voices.

It got a lot weirder. The second season ends on an apocalypse that kills all the humans in NYC and then the third season is about the animals living without the humans and forming their own society and there's really unfunny live-action intros where the show's creators play two buffoonish military guys tasked with monitoring the animals.

I'd say it's worth the time though. There's some real gems in S2 and S3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bust Rodd posted:

Animals was really great in S1 I didn’t watch the other ones but as a pet owner and a professional pet sitter I loved it because animals are silly little furry people with cute voices.

The cast had to have been what ate up the budget because it sure as hell wasn't the animation. But what a cast

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s the kinda show where I watch the credits and just adore everyone involved so why the hell not

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I really miss the joy of seeing a brand new golden era episode of the Simpsons for the first time.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

I dunno, Critic may be like a sister show since the animation style is similar, but I feel like Duckman actually has the cynicism and heart of the early years

There were 4 seasons of Duckman?

Wtf, goodbye weekend

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d much rather get a Duckman revival than The Critic.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SilvergunSuperman posted:

There were 4 seasons of Duckman?

Wtf, goodbye weekend

I think it's all on youtube

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’d much rather get a Duckman revival than The Critic.

I'd much rather get a new IP, that is good

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Duckman was my very first experience with an unlikeable character that I still liked. He was rude and selfish and a terrible father and I couldn’t believe someone was drawing him like that.

I’d honestly consider getting a small acorn fed tattoo with how many nights I spent huddled over the TV with a blanket covering the screen while my mom was asleep on the couch.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think it's all on youtube

Ive been slowly watching Duckman since it was mentioned in this thread. I don’t know how I missed it growing up but it was on USA so that’s probably why.

It has Jason Alexander voicing Duckman so I immediately liked it. It’s a fun show though I think it would have been more edgy in the 90s and is just mild today but still worth watching.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Duckman was also a great fit with that Klasky Csupo animation style.

I know people love it, but their style is butt ugly, and Duckman needed to live in a butt-ugly world. Probably the only TV show they did that their look didn't horribly detract from it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Iron Crowned posted:

I'd much rather get a new IP, that is good

:chloe:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

PostNouveau posted:

Probably the only TV show they did that their look didn't horribly detract from it.

Aah! Real Monsters.

looming resonance
Sep 7, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Duckman was also a great fit with that Klasky Csupo animation style.

I know people love it, but their style is butt ugly, and Duckman needed to live in a butt-ugly world. Probably the only TV show they did that their look didn't horribly detract from it.

Their style suited Stressed Eric perfectly.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Wtf where'd her purse go? I can't believe they let the quality slip so far

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

a chloe that keeps getting bigger until it takes up more space than the entire universe

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Captain star was an ugly show.

I thought I was the only person left on this planet who remembers this show.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
It's been a while since we discussed the really well executed lines, but one of my absolute favorite quotes from the Simpsons is when Bart steals Kent Brockman's danish

Bart: "Yoink!"

Kent: "... Yoink?"

Whenever I grab something off a high shelf now, I always quote this in my head, and I have a sensible chuckle over it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRyFmvGQCeE

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Code Jockey posted:

It's been a while since we discussed the really well executed lines, but one of my absolute favorite quotes from the Simpsons is when Bart steals Kent Brockman's danish

Bart: "Yoink!"

Kent: "... Yoink?"

Whenever I grab something off a high shelf now, I always quote this in my head, and I have a sensible chuckle over it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRyFmvGQCeE

I like how concerned Krusty is if he touched it or not.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

al jean parody good
https://twitter.com/aljean/status/1080512692773965825?s=21

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

it’s n instead of m lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's not good, sorry

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Iron Crowned posted:

That's not good, sorry

“what if m&ms were n&ns” sounds like a cum town bit

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They could have made them Ws and it could have been an actual joke.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/aljean/status/1080562898567598080?s=21

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Actually, the joke is the show runner.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol how dumb is al jean

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

What joke is in the right corner

Maybe I'm behind on the hilarious MM lore to get it

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

steinrokkan posted:

What joke is in the right corner

Maybe I'm behind on the hilarious MM lore to get it

I think he's referring to Homer going home with the red n mannequin.

Get it? Homer fat and dumb, thinks a statue is made of chocolate and steals it 😂🤣

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
At this point I'm convinced the writers are just senile

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Even if you give him the benefit of the doubt re: he's doing dry straight humor, that's aggressively unfunny.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Imagine being at a table reading where everyone is laughing at n&ns.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Actually, at Harvard I wrote my thesis on n&n's, and

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Data Graham posted:

Actually, at Harvard I wrote my thesis on n&n's, and

Now sing “Fair Harvard” for me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

jeremy might be a little overqualified for the simpson

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

jeremy might be a little overqualified for the simpson
Plus he has the boorish manners of a Yalie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

Mak0rz posted:

I think he's referring to Homer going home with the red n mannequin.

Get it? Homer fat and dumb, thinks a statue is made of chocolate and steals it 😂🤣

I just assumed he wanted the statue :shrug: