Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Yeah, shes a loving brutal game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Frostpunk aka Mayflower Simulator 2018

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

just realized that civ 6 on switch is basically fully playable via the touch screen

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

just realized that civ 6 on switch is basically fully playable via the touch screen

I'm torn on whether I want to buy it for Switch or not.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i like it better on switch than on pc if that matters

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm torn on whether I want to buy it for Switch or not.

Buy a Switch, I don't know anyone -- myself included -- who regrets it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Buy a Switch, I don't know anyone -- myself included -- who regrets it.

Oh I already own a Switch, it loving owns.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i like it better on switch than on pc if that matters

gently caress it, it's on sale so mine as well.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i got one not expecting much and i havent touched my ps4 since

ace combat 7 will prolly change that in a few days but goddamn the switch rules

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Well, Frostpunk certainly looks amazing as hell, but Jesus Christ, it's depressing

On the first day, I lost 9 people in the first night because I didn't realize I needed to absolutely prioritize coal immediately, so the generator was off and they all froze...including 4 children. :(
On the second day, several people fell ill because of the temperature during the night and I had to choose between a law that slowly lets them vegetate but not get well until I build some higher tech building later, or just go with radical treatment and turn them into amputees :( :(
On the third day, I realized I was was producing way too little food on account of not being able to staff my hunter's hut fully (because of the deaths in the first night), but I still needed to expedite wood gathering, because several people were still homeless, so I had to sign a law adding saw-dust to their food to extend rations :( :( :(

I don't think I'm in the right mindset for this at the moment.

Probably gonna fire up Stardew Valley tomorrow morning or something.

If you screw up the first night that badly, just restart. Frostpunk is not the sort of game where you can power through the loss of a quarter of your workforce while the rest are homeless and sick.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Build a workshop with your starting resources, get coal and wood as priority with a few people on steel. Get the outpost up as quick as you can so you can start searching for resources

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

strap in fuckers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYglb8KrAW4

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

this is going to support VR on PC right

right

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ps vr only, bamco got that sony money

and supposedly the vr missions loving own

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

mother fucker i do not want to have a headset & cable nightmare in my living room

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Isn't it only like 3-4 VR missions? Which kinda blows but still, gonna play the gently caress out of 'em eventually.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BwBlmzfxME

yeah theres only like 4 of them but they did poo poo like flying through plane wreckage and smoke incredibly well

also the new psvr redesign is a lot better cablewise. theres no more audiobox hanging off, and i just bought a 20$ case on amazon for the helmet and one attached cable. the vr box can live next to your ps4 out of the way

its a much much neater setup than occulus or vive.

btw ultrawings is basically psvr pilotwings and its really fun. they added in hotas support post launch too

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pretty sure I'm the only one here who plays SUPERHOT but they put out a surprise update on the 1st. No patch notes, the devs just told players to dive in. It's different in a good way.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

EBB posted:

Pretty sure I'm the only one here who plays SUPERHOT but they put out a surprise update on the 1st. No patch notes, the devs just told players to dive in. It's different in a good way.

I play it on VR at my brothers sometimes. It's pretty cool

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

-edit nvm you guys covered it :downs:

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

so not the whole game in VR right? Kind of a bummer but hey

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Knowing it’s just a few missions takes the wind out of my sails tbh. Why couldn’t they do all of them? Is the hardware too weak?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i think just money and time needed

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh also vr mode is exclusive for 1 year to psvr so itll come to pc eventually

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

im SO looking forward to interacting with a resurgent Ace Combat community again!

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
Mobius one , fox two

VR only for a few missions because they had to optimize for the ps4s hardware, since VR requires each frame to be rendered twice.

New ace combat is built on the unreal 4 engine. Which means someone will mod in Vive or occulus support pretty quickly I'd bet. Shame the PC release is later than console, but I hope it's going to be as moddable on there as I suspect, port all the old games to it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Thanks for the Frostpunk advice, y'all, but I think I'm just gonna shelf the game for later. It looks loving amazing, so I'm pretty sure I'll get back around to it.

For now, I'm on a fresh start of Stardew Valley, and my god, I needed this.

Figured I'd look around for a quality of life mod, as opposed to ones actually changing the mechanics and whatnot, and I found the perfect one that just gives you a tooltip on items detailing poo poo like how much you currently own (outside of inventory), whether they're seasonal, if they're part of a recipe you already know, sell value, and if they're part of a bundle.

Literally the only thing I didn't like about my first Stardew Valley run was missing out on two seasonal bundles that meant I wouldn't be able to complete the community center until Summer or Fall of the second year.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Since we were talking about switch stuff earlier, after a lot of emotional conflict I decided to be super late to the party and bought one for myself as a lone Christmas present.

I haven't owned a console since the PS2 though and I'm majorly lost on this topic since I barely ever play as I'm constantly traveling (hence the switch).
I need the GiP Rescue Squad: What games to get right now?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Diablo
Mario Odyssey
Breath of the Wild

Those are my top three, and there are a ton of other great games for it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

diablo 3
mario odyssey
zelda botw
smash bros
mario kart
civilization 6
disgaea 5

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
There's a lot of good indie ports too on the online store for the switch:

Enter the gungeon - twin stick rouge like shooter
Holllowknight - good Metroidvania
Sky rouge - rouge like ace combat like
Stardew valley - farming sim that's enjoyable

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Shovel Knight and Shantae are both solid side-scrolling platformers, too, a la Duck Tales or MegaMan.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

salt and sanctuary is side scrolling dark souls and is cool

mega man x legacy 1 has all the good mmx games

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Buy Dead Cells

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Thanks. Got myself Smash, Odyssey and Hollowknight for now, gonna buy myself through the rest of that list slowly, but I somehow feel like those games will take me some time to get through.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Get Zelda, too

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Suntan Boy posted:

Shovel Knight and Shantae are both solid side-scrolling platformers, too, a la Duck Tales or MegaMan.

Shovel Knight is loving amazing and I'm supremely disappointed that the wii u got the better bits for it vs pc

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lots of good games on sale atm on the eshop

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

lots of good games on sale atm on the eshop

Torn between Hyrule Warriors or Civ. I've got like 30 eshop bucks just sitting in my account too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

civ imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
currently playing civ 6 as a warmongering brazil in honor of bolsonaro's inauguration