Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hyrule Warriors is mindless dynasty warriors fun if you have someone to play co-op with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I finally bit the bullet earlier this week and ordered a Switch along with the new Smash. Should get here tomorrow; I'm pretty stoked. The new Jackbox pack is on Switch, too, and is awesome.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

DownByTheWooter posted:

currently playing civ 6 as a warmongering brazil in honor of bolsonaro's inauguration

fuuuuuuuuuck

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

oh hell yeah new super Mario bros coming to the switch Jan 11th

I can’t get pissed at them porting all the best wii-u games, but my wii-u is just about completely worthless now. Oh wait, Starfox! Lmao. think I’ll donate it to a hospital or some such. Feels good to get rid of more clutter

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkidTKFKN4w

bengy81
May 8, 2010
If you dont have one yet, get a pro controller. The price is hard to swallow, but they've been between 55-60 lately. They feel solid and seem to be much higher quality than ps4 controllers at least. They also make playing games that require some degree of precision much more fun.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I'm not sure about that, which is why I postponed the decision. I haven't played Zelda for many years, the last one I actually finished was Twilight Princess (which I liked very much), but since then no Zelda was able to pull me in playing it for longer than a few hours.

Is this one exceptionally good? Might change my opinion on this.

Also looks like I need sink in more money buying Civ 6. loving Nintendo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

last zelda i played before this was majoras mask

get botw

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Nobnob posted:

I'm not sure about that, which is why I postponed the decision. I haven't played Zelda for many years, the last one I actually finished was Twilight Princess (which I liked very much), but since then no Zelda was able to pull me in playing it for longer than a few hours.

Is this one exceptionally good? Might change my opinion on this.

Also looks like I need sink in more money buying Civ 6. loving Nintendo.

Don't get BoTW if you like driving narratives in your games keeping you interested. It's a giant sandbox only. I got bored as hell and quit.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Laranzu posted:

Don't get BoTW if you like driving narratives in your games keeping you interested. It's a giant sandbox only. I got bored as hell and quit.

lol wow

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

:allears:

Its almost like people enjoy different games.

Game was big, pretty, and so slow it was utterly boring. If I have an hour to play something I want to accomplish more than "walk for 45 minutes then complete a dungeon that doesn't matter" or "collect some seed for a dancing tree person" or "your weapon is broken lol sux2bu".

Exploration games without a really strong narrative story behind them just aren't my poo poo.

Edit:
And since it wasn't my poo poo the blanket recommendation to buy BoTW could be hedged a bit with "it might not be your poo poo"

Laranzu fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 5, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

botw is the mgsv of zelda

i love it and I havent liked a zelda game since the n64

i feel bad bc ive barely touched mario odyssey which is worth playing just for the music, let alone being really good

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Laranzu posted:

Game was big, pretty, and so slow it was utterly boring. If I have an hour to play something I want to accomplish more than "walk for 45 minutes then complete a dungeon that doesn't matter" or "collect some seed for a dancing tree person" or "your weapon is broken lol sux2bu".

Exploration games without a really strong narrative story behind them just aren't my poo poo.

Edit:
And since it wasn't my poo poo the blanket recommendation to buy BoTW could be hedged a bit with "it might not be your poo poo"

I'm with you 100%. BOTW is my least played switch game even though I kept giving it tries. It is so different that I don't even consider it a Zelda game and your past enjoyment of the series have no bearing on if you will like this one or not.

I've never been able to get into Minecraft/Fallout/Skyrim games because I enjoy a tight, story focused game. If you have 500 hours in Skyrim just dicking around then definitely give BOTW a try. If you want to play a game for 20 minute intervals and feel like you accomplished something, it probably isn't the game for you.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Hot take : dark souls games blow

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
breath of the wild lets me run around in a ninja suit catching butterflies and that's all I want sometimes

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

last zelda i played before this was majoras mask

get botw

Second Zelda game, best Zelda game.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

links awakening is best zelda

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

ded posted:

Lol, git gud.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Laranzu posted:

Edit:

Yep. I rarely disagree with the GiP video game hive mind, but you’ve nailed how I felt about BotW.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I liked BotW enough to binge it for a couple weeks straight but lmao that the entire internet seemed to collectively ignore that a huge chunk of the shrines were literally copy pastes. They really dropped the ball on dungeon design in that game - the beasts were a little clever but way too short, and the shrines were mostly inconsequential.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

ded posted:

:hfive:

Godholio posted:

Second Zelda game, best Zelda game.

The Adventure of Link?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Best Zelda is the cartoon

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Spider-Man owns. Spent like 6 hours playing it today.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

ded posted:

I kinda get the appeal especially for people that grew up right as arcades started to die out and consoles came about and games were still designed to devour all your quarters and want that nostalgia bump, but god drat half the time the Souls games just feel loving spiteful.

'course I could just be bitter since the werewolves in Bloodborne at the bridge to the first boss battle smacked me so hard I glitched into level geometry and got stuck and god dammit I really wanna enjoy that game :argh:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Best Zelda is the cartoon

Well excuse me, Princess!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

:hfive:

The Adventure of Link?

Correct.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Capn Beeb posted:

I kinda get the appeal especially for people that grew up right as arcades started to die out and consoles came about and games were still designed to devour all your quarters and want that nostalgia bump, but god drat half the time the Souls games just feel loving spiteful.

'course I could just be bitter since the werewolves in Bloodborne at the bridge to the first boss battle smacked me so hard I glitched into level geometry and got stuck and god dammit I really wanna enjoy that game :argh:

You know you aren't supposed to fight them when you are just starting out right? Like you can literally run right past them and into the building to continue on. I totally get that Dark Souls games aren't everyone's jam. However, of the games in the genre, Bloodbourne is the most forgiving and fun because of its focus on offense by giving you health back if you kill things immediately after getting hit.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ded posted:

Not really a hot take but a really bland take.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

You're a literal crazy person hth

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Whole lotta people ITT disparaging Link to the Past and I will not stand for it.

I will sit. Quietly. And enjoy my coffee.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
A Link to the Past was my first and only Zelda game, and my very first game on the SNES. It was a massive milestone in my gaming career, and there's not a game I think about more with more nostalgic warmth.

The second I grab a game-controller, I'm finding that game for an emulator and then just diving from reality for a couple of days.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
In Spiderman right trigger is "sprint/climb fast"

In RDR2 right trigger is "draw and fire"

I gently caress up in town too often in RDR2 with negligent discharges.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I accidentally shot many people in the chest in RDR2 by forgetting L2 pulls up dialogue menu.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
And prompts show up on the left and right side of the screen. When a prompt is on the right side of the screen telling me to press an L-button pr vice versa, my dumb brain fucks it up a lot.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I love how in Odyssey you can spend the entire tutorial island being super nice to Phoibe and it still gives you the option to crush her and say you're never coming back to the island.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EBB posted:

I love how in Odyssey you can spend the entire tutorial island being super nice to Phoibe and it still gives you the option to crush her and say you're never coming back to the island.

Go back and visit, malaka.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 6, 2019

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Is there a way to prevent her from dying during the main story quest? It doesn't seem like it.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Go back and visit, malaka.

Everyone dead because I saved the plague people. I wanted them to stay in their lovely plague village but not let the priest kill them but they ran off and killed everyone with their germs.

Can't have everything I guess.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Laranzu posted:

Everyone dead because I saved the plague people. I wanted them to stay in their lovely plague village but not let the priest kill them but they ran off and killed everyone with their germs.

Can't have everything I guess.

Whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I want NG+ to come out so I can play again and take almost all the opposite choices.

Valar Margoulis, malakas.