Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Pick posted:

I hate purses as the top-level fashion item instead of jewels because purses suck poo poo and I just want to throw them around. also they intentionally made it purses because it doesn't matter if you're fat, they can just make the same garbage with no tailoring or anything. fashion has become a crap.
Don't forget the part where purses are an excuse for women's clothes having either no pockets or tiny useless pockets. Heaven forbid someone be able to fit more than a set of housekeys in there, they might ruin their silouette! :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Purses and high fashion are very stupid but thanks to my job I now have a vested interest in you all buying as many of them as you can afford.

flatluigi posted:

people are actually required to disclose sponsored content now on most if not all social media sites

Hilariously, some people trying to break into being an instagrammer now lie that theyre sponsored as it gives them more cred

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Iron Crowned posted:

I liked MST3K when I was 14, I do not like MST3K now that I'm 38

quoted for psychological evaluation, if not outright ban

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Not gonna knock them for that, because I’d be hard pressed to figure out what the British (or any other) army could want in the “snowflake” demographic. “We need your unshakable sense of entitlement” would have sounded even dumber so :shrug:

But they were never required to use "snowflake" as one of the categories in the first place.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

hyperhazard posted:

Maybe I'm being a crabby millennial, but "snowflake" =/= too much compassion. Maybe if they'd gone with SJW since, you know, they're fighting for social justice?

I mean, it's still stupid, but it's annoying that they couldn't get their buzzterms right.

They're using snowflake in the alt right sense, which is essentially a synonym for SJW, bleeding heart, etc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pick posted:

Rich people are bored. It's a game.

So much about the world makes sense when you realise for the rich it's like a video game with no specific victory condition (or after it) where you've already won and can gently caress around basically with impunity and no consequences so you do whatever dumb poo poo wrings some more entertainment out of it and the consequences are utterly meaningless to you.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's what middle class and poorer people do at places at H&M. They buy some clothes, wear it 3 times, and then trash it. The clothes are actually designed to be super cheap and not durable, but hey they look fashionable.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Purses and high fashion are very stupid but thanks to my job I now have a vested interest in you all buying as many of them as you can afford.

I like fashion, some fashion, but I hate purses. I only own like four and I get grief about it but I hate purses so much.

I'd rather just madeline albright it up and have something gorgeous, well-made, and imperious like a nice st. john.

"Pick why do you wear old lady fashion??" says person who only three years ago was probably wearing Juicy Couture like a middle-class tramp

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Getting grief because you 'only' own four purses.

Women amirite fellas

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Given I spend hours in every video game acquiring all the fanciest cosmetic items and assembling coordinated outfits I feel a lot more people than you'd think could get into fashion if there were easier points of entry.

Hell, it wasn't even that long ago when (rich) men were expected to pay as much as, often more attention to fashion than women, then someone invented suits and all of a sudden we had cheat codes.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

edit: ignore

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Given I spend hours in every video game acquiring all the fanciest cosmetic items and assembling coordinated outfits I feel a lot more people than you'd think could get into fashion if there were easier points of entry.

Hell, it wasn't even that long ago when (rich) men were expected to pay as much as, often more attention to fashion than women, then someone invented suits and all of a sudden we had cheat codes.

What happened was off-the-rack clothing became a thing shortly after the turn of the 19th century, but men's outfits were much simpler than women's so women didn't get to just buy dresses or skirts from a store for another 100 years, and the women whose outfits were simple enough that they could have been bought off the rack were generally so poor that they were still sewing their own dresses. The revolution that got women easier access to fashion was to stop requiring them to wear multi-part dresses with stiff bustles and elaborate decoration if they wanted to look acceptable off the farm.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Someone else placed all the Mafia City ads in one video, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yke9BhP1uks

This thing is apparently a meme now.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

The MSJ posted:

Someone else placed all the Mafia City ads in one video, by the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yke9BhP1uks

This thing is apparently a meme now.

I imagine this being the type of game the mafia from A Hat in Time would make.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

http://www.german-racewars.com/

Did no one think about this for more than three tenths of a second?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I watch a lot of Fast & Furious so that only makes me think Christoph Waltz and Werner Herzog will be in #9 and #10.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The MSJ posted:

I watch a lot of Fast & Furious so that only makes me think Christoph Waltz and Werner Herzog will be in #9 and #10.

I didn't realise until just this very second that I would pay good money to have Werner Herzog narrate one of the F&F movies.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Memento posted:

These days it's safe to assume that someone absolutely did and went ahead on purpose.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Memento posted:

Wow I haven't thought about that in a while... :allears:

Sereri posted:

gently caress, I totally forgot to post this photo after taking it back in November:

:hitler:

But yeah, it's most definitely

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

These days it's safe to assume that someone absolutely did and went ahead on purpose.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Memento posted:

That looks like one heil of an event.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Phanatic posted:

That looks like one heil of an event.

I did nazi that joke coming.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Memento posted:

First race war, huh?

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I figure this may be a good place to ask, but does anyone know of a blog or any collection of ads or product labels using nonsense 3D models of their product doing what they allege their product does? Easy example being like shampoo commercials always having 3D globules of miracle shampoo coating follicles to show that they're protecting your hair as well as giving it unbelievable vibrant coloring.

Other easy examples:
-Skin products with globules gently washing away gross texture oils in your pores
-Any health care product showing their good guy blobs bumping/eating/dissolving away bad guy blobs
-Any nonsense graph where the axis aren't labeled showing their product going up for no reason

Not needed but desired: maybe a blog with these that show or link debunked proof of the products doing what they promised, or hilarious lawsuits the companies got into from their promises.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Memento posted:

I didn't realise until just this very second that I would pay good money to have Werner Herzog narrate one of the F&F movies.

Herzog shows up when you least expect him, like as a villain in Jack Reacher, in a Harmony Korine movie, or in an upcoming Star Wars TV series. I think he lives in California now, so in between making movies and documentaries he takes up the occasional acting jobs. So showing up in F&F is the one of the less unlikely things that could happen.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Willsun posted:

I figure this may be a good place to ask, but does anyone know of a blog or any collection of ads or product labels using nonsense 3D models of their product doing what they allege their product does? Easy example being like shampoo commercials always having 3D globules of miracle shampoo coating follicles to show that they're protecting your hair as well as giving it unbelievable vibrant coloring.

Other easy examples:
-Skin products with globules gently washing away gross texture oils in your pores
-Any health care product showing their good guy blobs bumping/eating/dissolving away bad guy blobs
-Any nonsense graph where the axis aren't labeled showing their product going up for no reason

Not needed but desired: maybe a blog with these that show or link debunked proof of the products doing what they promised, or hilarious lawsuits the companies got into from their promises.

You're jacking it to these ads, aren't you?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

Herzog shows up when you least expect him, like as a villain in Jack Reacher, in a Harmony Korine movie, or in an upcoming Star Wars TV series. I think he lives in California now, so in between making movies and documentaries he takes up the occasional acting jobs. So showing up in F&F is the one of the less unlikely things that could happen.

He’s in Rick and Morty.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

You're jacking it to these ads, aren't you?

Binders full of globules.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Petabytes of globules

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CelticPredator posted:

He’s in Rick and Morty.

He's in the last regular season of Metalocalypse as well.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
He pulled Joaquin Phoenix out of a car crash.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Depressio111117 posted:

He pulled Joaquin Phoenix out of a car crash.

Anything for a check I guess.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Memento posted:

He's in the last regular season of Metalocalypse as well.

They really missed out by not having him sing in the movie.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Doesn't seem that bad because the KKK is a thing in America and Kinder eggs aren't sold in America

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Eh, I can give Italians a pass on that if it wasn't something actively promoted by the American arm.

E: oh are they not even a thing there?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

jojoinnit posted:

Eh, I can give Italians a pass on that if it wasn't something actively promoted by the American arm.

You could smuggle drugs in Kinder eggs so you can't bring them into the country. Thankfully such careful laws as this are the reason why the USA has such a low rate of drug use.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Kinder eggs are absolutely sold in America, they're a different type than in Europe I think though because of our laws about having inedible things encased in food. The package is egg shaped and split down the middle, with one half having chocolate cream and some crunchy things and one half having the toy prize.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

jojoinnit posted:

They weren't but I found articles saying they started being sold in 2017. I never saw them for sale my whole life.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

someone awful. posted:

Kinder eggs are absolutely sold in America, they're a different type than in Europe I think though because of our laws about having inedible things encased in food. The package is egg shaped and split down the middle, with one half having chocolate cream and some crunchy things and one half having the toy prize.

Fun fact: the law that prohibits the regular kinder egg actually predates kinder eggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
I see Kinder Eggs all the time in the Impulse Buy section. They have a plastic ring so that the inedible part is partially exposed. It’s a pretty good compromise.