Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao at the play photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

When did they start putting windows on ikea displays?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao at the play photo

Father, it is the scheduled time for us to experience joy while manipulating our LEGO brand building set.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feenix posted:

That photo creeps me for so many reasons.

I know I can't believe he is letting his kid play with his Lego set either.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

I know I can't believe he is letting his kid play with his Lego set either.

I deserve that. (Maybe?)

But A) she’s old enough not to just put a fist through it and storm off.
And 2) speaking of old enough... who is he to her? If he’s her dad he had her when he was 14. If he’s not... even worse.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Some people just look young.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Feenix posted:

I deserve that. (Maybe?)

But A) she’s old enough not to just put a fist through it and storm off.
And 2) speaking of old enough... who is he to her? If he’s her dad he had her when he was 14. If he’s not... even worse.

I’m just goofing on you man, if I had kids I would be lord business incarnate.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I’m just goofing on you man, if I had kids I would be lord business incarnate.

My nephew saw my Saturn V and I told him to look with his eyes, not with his hands.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't care if kids mess w/ my Lego sets. The worst that could happen is I have to rebuild something. Oh no!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't care if kids mess w/ my Lego sets. The worst that could happen is I have to rebuild something. Oh no!

I’m not looking to build some sets again, mostly modulars.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Feenix posted:

I’m not looking to build some sets again, mostly modulars.

This. I started the movie theater today and didn't finish the first bags. I told my 4 year old, do not touch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

wandler20 posted:

This. I started the movie theater today and didn't finish the first bags. I told my 4 year old, do not touch.

You're lucky he/she's not a bit older or this would lead to a bunch of "I was just..." and "I'm not trying to..."

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Cojawfee posted:

You're lucky he/she's not a bit older or this would lead to a bunch of "I was just..." and "I'm not trying to..."

I did catch him playing with the car but that's no issue at all. He really only cares about things with wheels so I wasn't too worried.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

wandler20 posted:

My Detective's Office is living on top of a 7 foot bookshelf until l rearrange my office and get proper shelving in there. I also only put modulars together after they're in bed. Helping hands will come later. Maybe.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
I've got a three month old son and I can't wait to share my Lego with him! Lego's for playing with and making MOCs, not building sets and leaving them on a shelf forever :colbert:

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
A lot of my collection is just staying stored until my kid is old enough to play with it, but some of the sets I got for fun building. Not really into displaying so I just break down and rebag, treating them sort of like jigsaw puzzles. If she wants to play with em someday she’ll get to that point

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
My then 6 now 7 yo daughter helped me build Ninjago City Docks and Voltron, and likes to say "no helping, dad" with the Friends sets she got for Christmas. For the last 2 years she'll regularly ask to get out the TFA Falcon and uses it as a dollhouse for whatever minifigures and minidolls she can find, it's rather adorable. I don't think I'd trust her with the modulars unsupervised, but she's shown herself to be gentle and respectful so far. I have the Popup Party Bus hidden for when first semester grades come out, she's gonna flip her poo poo.

As much as I have tried to nerd out my son, he's obsessed with exercise pants, compression shirts and Fortnite and not much else, he just builds the minifigures and fights with them.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CommanderApaul posted:

As much as I have tried to nerd out my son, he's obsessed with exercise pants, compression shirts and Fortnite and not much else, he just builds the minifigures and fights with them.

This is an odd combination of things, how old is he?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

The_Doctor posted:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I got bitten by the Lego bug again... After buying the VW camper a couple of weeks ago I now have Wall-E, the ship in a bottle and the pop-up fairy tale book waiting to be built as soon as I'm off work this evening.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am not sure but don't the Fortnite Characters wear that fitness attire? So not too odd, just your average Fortnite junk(ie).

How long until Fortnite Lego?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fortnite already has its own toy range so unlikely.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Synthbuttrange posted:

Fortnite already has its own toy range so unlikely.

good

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

The_Doctor posted:

All 3 of my nephews (ages 8 - 11), from two different families, wear a ton of underarmor and play fortnite religiously. I don't know what the deal is, but I don't think it really is an unusual combo.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Taeke posted:

I got bitten by the Lego bug again... After buying the VW camper a couple of weeks ago I now have Wall-E, the ship in a bottle and the pop-up fairy tale book waiting to be built as soon as I'm off work this evening.

Where'd you get a Wall-E? I missed it and I kind of want it so if they're available for a reasonable price I might be interested.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of Wall-E...

Most of us have somewhat limited space. What do you currently have on display, and if you had to take everything down, what would be the last set or sets standing?

For me:

Wall-E
Disney Castle
Destiny's Bounty
Joker Manor
Ninjago City + Docks
Bennys Spaceship X3
Temple of Airjitzu
DB5
Metalbeards Sea Cow

The last standing would be Wall-E. He's small and sits on my desk and it's Wall-E. The other one that seems to be permanent is the Castle. It has a good spot that it fits perfectly.

I'm planning on taking down Ninjago City and putting something new there soon. Probably Assembly Square which I still haven't built.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

CommanderApaul posted:

My then 6 now 7 yo daughter helped me build Ninjago City Docks and Voltron, and likes to say "no helping, dad" with the Friends sets she got for Christmas. For the last 2 years she'll regularly ask to get out the TFA Falcon and uses it as a dollhouse for whatever minifigures and minidolls she can find, it's rather adorable. I don't think I'd trust her with the modulars unsupervised, but she's shown herself to be gentle and respectful so far. I have the Popup Party Bus hidden for when first semester grades come out, she's gonna flip her poo poo.

My daughter has a ton of the Friends sets and she generally does a great job putting them together. When she was 7 she got the giant Disney Castle for Christmas. I helped her a bit here and there but she managed to put most of it together. Took us like a month to finish it. It's been displayed in her room for a couple years now and she hasn't destroyed it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Plastik posted:

Where'd you get a Wall-E? I missed it and I kind of want it so if they're available for a reasonable price I might be interested.

If you do get Wall-E be aware that there are two versions. The early Wall-E sets had a neck that wasn't great and you could request a parts pack to fix it. Later sets came with the fixed neck.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I got a bunch of classic space on display, all the creator expert cars, saturn v, wall-e. Most recent additions are the statue of liberty and hogwarts.

I'm officially out of space though, so to show anything new I have to put something else away. Most recent casualties were batman lego stuff.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

xzzy posted:

I got a bunch of classic space on display, all the creator expert cars, saturn v, wall-e. Most recent additions are the statue of liberty and hogwarts.

I'm officially out of space though, so to show anything new I have to put something else away. Most recent casualties were batman lego stuff.

What classic space stuff? That's one of my next plans. To build the stuff w/ all the baseplates connected. It would be on the dining room table so only for a couple days.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/IHLaking/status/1081860554514300929

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm lucky enough that I have a hallway that just leads to a bathroom, yet is inexplicably about 2.5 times the width of a normal hallway and two of the walls go nowhere. It's like the size of small room but useless as room. So that's my Star Wars "room". It's nice cause it gives me a whole area just for Lego in my relatively small living space. Although I'm running out of space there too lol. Other than that, my non-SW collection is relatively small and relegated to a cabinet that my Landlord asked if she could keep here (full of small comic, Ideas sets and minifigures), and a few sets in my bedroom.

I think if I was limited in space, the last sets standing would be Wall E, UCS Falcon, Ninjago City/Docks, newest X Wing, UCS Snowspeeder and Tron.

If it only came down to one I'd have a really hard time choosing between Ninjago City and the UCS Falcon. It would probably boil down to the Falcon, but only because it was a gift. Otherwise NC would probably win out.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 6, 2019

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
UCS Falcon is flat and wide though. If space was a premium, I’d want something tall, but with not much footprint.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

That's amazing. Still doesn't excuse portrait video.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ultrakatty is a neat set but it begs for some modding. Most imperative is ball joints for the bottom 2 connectors for the legs.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

The_Doctor posted:

11. Seems to be the current thing with boys around his age. He'll run into a friend from school out somewhere and FORTNITE DANCE PARTY in the middle of a store aisle. Then other kids that they don't know at all join in.

I replaced all the random Star Wars people I had outfitted in Benny's Spaceship with the Space Squad guys, plus a lone M-Tron figure I have left from when I was a kid.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Waltzing Along posted:

Speaking of Wall-E...

Most of us have somewhat limited space. What do you currently have on display, and if you had to take everything down, what would be the last set or sets standing?
I have really limited display space, just one Ikea Billy shelf, and I've had to move a lot of stuff out to sort of dial in my display.

Shelf 1: Black Seas Barracuda
Shelf 2: Western display: Gold City Junction, Sherriff's Office, and a MOC hotel/saloon
Shelf 3: Ship in a Bottle, Caterham 7, some Chris McVeigh sets and MOCs
Shelf 4: tons of Speed Champions sets and MOCs
Shelf 5: Assembly Square and Parisian Restaurant
Shelf 6: Old Fishing Store and Haunted House
On a desk: Ninjago City

Last thing standing would be the cars. They're my whole focus and passion when it comes to building and I have all of the official classic cars. I could arrange them to fit various small spaces if need be, too.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Feenix posted:

Ultrakatty is a neat set but it begs for some modding. Most imperative is ball joints for the bottom 2 connectors for the legs.

Does it have instructions for combining ultra kitty and the escape buggy? I have the escape buggy and it kinda shows that in the back of the manual and on the box but there aren’t like instructions. Getting ultra kitty and the captain marvel set from shop@home soon.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

What classic space stuff? That's one of my next plans. To build the stuff w/ all the baseplates connected. It would be on the dining room table so only for a couple days.

It's actually mostly Mocs right now. No room for many baseplate stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Waltzing Along posted:

The worst thing that can happen is lost/broken pieces. My kids have a large (60L) tub of random Lego to play with - there's been a few bent antennae, etc. over the years, and I'm fairly certain some smaller pieces have ended up in the vacuum. The only display set I really care about is the Saturn V, and that's not particularly playable for someone who's shorter than it.