Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The trailer is cool and the music owns, so I am also sad this is a mobage and not an actual show. :rip:

Hope we get an HG of that new Rodi variant, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RillAkBea posted:

It's a mobile game though.

Lmao

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah, but also :smith:

ah well

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I play FGO and so I will sufer for you and see if this is the one out of a million mobage worth playing.

I don't think it will be though.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth
gently caress, Venusian Venice looks like such an awesome setting for a Gundam story, it's almost heartbreaking to see it being wasted on a F2P mobile game (that probably won't even get a western localization).

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Paper Kaiju posted:

gently caress, Venusian Venice looks like such an awesome setting for a Gundam story, it's almost heartbreaking to see it being wasted on a F2P mobile game (that probably won't even get a western localization).

Would probably be more successful than New Gundam (Heart) Breaker was.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah, it should have been a Demon from the Ars Goetia to continue with Barbatos and such. This means it's probably not one of the original 72 Gundams.

If Venus is where criminals are exiled, and the Gundam has been passed down generation from generation, maybe it is one of the original 72 but the name has been changed to hide it's history? Like, it belonged to one of the original Gundam pilots but who was exiled by the 7 Stars for some kind of political reason?

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hope we get an HG of that new Rodi variant, at least.

Isn't it just the Spinner Rodi with different colors?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So many cool Goetia names left, like Andrealphus or Vapula or Haagenti.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Midjack posted:

Would probably be more successful than New Gundam (Heart) Breaker was.

Why can I still not get that for less than £35? Surely they should have slashed the price to where I can willfully buy it knowing it's bad?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

Why can I still not get that for less than £35? Surely they should have slashed the price to where I can willfully buy it knowing it's bad?

It's in the discount bins in the US so it will hopefully be cheaper there soon.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I play FGO and so I will sufer for you and see if this is the one out of a million mobage worth playing.

I don't think it will be though.

See, bringing up FGO in relation to IBO suddenly makes all the struggle to kill Mika understandable. Barbatos just has too many good mats to offer, everyone wants a piece.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gripweed posted:

Isn't it just the Spinner Rodi with different colors?

It has different feet, at the very least. Also, something about the proportions and the colour scheme in the trailer makes it look way less dumpy than the actual Spinner Rodi, and I'm pretty sure there's no HG of the Spinner Rodi in the first place.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 6, 2019

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gripweed posted:

If Venus is where criminals are exiled, and the Gundam has been passed down generation from generation, maybe it is one of the original 72 but the name has been changed to hide it's history? Like, it belonged to one of the original Gundam pilots but who was exiled by the 7 Stars for some kind of political reason?

It's apparently listed as number 35, Marchosias. A Marquis of Hell (where every previous protagonist-y Gundam had been a Duke, even Gaelio's), his defining trait is the hope that he may one day return to heaven.

Although I'm still not entirely clear on the details, it seems the plan here is to have a central app for phones that has short anime, a FTP game, and short manga. Basically drawing you in with free stuff, and then having various things for purchase in the same place so, you know, while you're here...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Rufus2k2/status/1082000266998702080?s=19

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

At first I was like "Oh maybe it's a coincidenc... oh. No. No that is not a coincidence."

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

At first I thought, oh, so it's just a love love projectile attack, that's cute I guess. Then full on Meowth Devil Gundam complete with mobile trace system shows up.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

That owns.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What am I not getting here?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Midjack posted:

Those are paid online cards and that person is desperately rolling a gacha

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Midjack posted:

It's the protagonist of Fate Grand Order in a famous pose from Iron Blooded Orphans.

She's never stopping rolling, despite not getting anything good. Thus the google play cards on the ground.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Those are paid online cards and that person is desperately rolling a gacha

Thanks, I didn't know if it was an allusion to something in AGE or what. :cheerdoge:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That owns, also is that Brock?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Okay this is pretty great but also lmao at that fuckin Doronjo pig reference

http://timebokanturnip.tumblr.com/post/124898108446/time-bokan-gag-robot-odate-buta-yatterman

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zedd posted:

That owns, also is that Brock?

Yep.

He and Misty have been showing up in the latest season.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Reference aside,

I am happy that my man Brock finally found a kindred spirit after 20 years of this anime airing

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Midjack posted:

the Orga death pose is a popular meme in japan. Its surprising how enduring its been

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1082067568704274432

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

also that phone game protagonist or whatever looks like they took Mikazuki's and Atras kid design from a probable future release and smashed him into a phone game they were making

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

AtheistMantis posted:

At first I thought, oh, so it's just a love love projectile attack, that's cute I guess. Then full on Meowth Devil Gundam complete with mobile trace system shows up.

Exactly how I found myself. "Aww, that's kinda neat. Good for---:tviv:"

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
it's amusing and bizarre to me that the japanese fandom memed the poo poo out of orga's death

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MechaX posted:

Reference aside,

I am happy that my man Brock finally found a kindred spirit after 20 years of this anime airing
Let's hope Brock can stick the landing and make it last more than a month or so.

And props to the Pokemon anime team for just going, "gently caress it, let's rip off G Gundam for today's battle." without a care in the world.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

AradoBalanga posted:

Let's hope Brock can stick the landing and make it last more than a month or so.

And props to the Pokemon anime team for just going, "gently caress it, let's rip off G Gundam for today's battle." without a care in the world.

At first I thought they were a battle couple but on later viewings it definitely looks like she is either creeped out or thinks he's too into this/too close to her.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

RillAkBea posted:

It's a mobile game though.

Like a stake was driven through my heart.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Argas posted:

At first I thought they were a battle couple but on later viewings it definitely looks like she is either creeped out or thinks he's too into this/too close to her.

NOOO BROCK YOU DESERVED HAPPINESS AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. The Gundam influence was too great, no happy endings for anyone.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Argas posted:

She didn't expect him to smush his cheek right onto hers. She was rolling with until that.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Staff revealed for Hathaways Flash

https://twitter.com/gundam_hathaway/status/1083654321428811777?s=19

Written by… the same guy as Build Divers? Welp. :ohdear:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RillAkBea posted:

Staff revealed for Hathaways Flash

https://twitter.com/gundam_hathaway/status/1083654321428811777?s=19

Written by… the same guy as Build Divers? Welp. :ohdear:

I'm surprised Bandai and Sunrise didn't just take the old promote-into-obscure-office-job route with them after Build Divers just straight-up tanked in the ratings by the end.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
That is so weirdly animated that at that thumbnail size I thought it was cel shaded 3D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Jesus the animation looks like crap especially when compared to Gundam Nt and the thunderbolt ova's.