Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Got my Official NES controllers in the mail and have been playing NES games a ton. These things are great. As far as I can tell, they seem like they use the same components as the originals. Even the plastic feels the same. Probably not worth $70 unless you have a lot of reverence for NES, like me, though. Ok, back to adventures of Lolo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

content posted:

Love Neo Turf Masters and my boy Tom.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Speaking of galf, I've been having way more fun with Golf Story than I expected, if anyone has the all too normal hankering for a golf rpg

I'm also stuck in Octopath cause I'm a bad, I'm underleveled after collecting all the party members but can't stand grinding my way to the tier 2 quest levels... not sure if I'm doing something wrong or just don't have enough time on my hands

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

And there we go, the greatest shirt ever made.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:eyepop:

content
Feb 13, 2014

Oh wow. Want.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wtc

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And there we go, the greatest shirt ever made.

I think the Nier Automata one was better.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

my god that is some world cup level t-shirt irony

Panther2103
Jan 7, 2019

content posted:

Got my Official NES controllers in the mail and have been playing NES games a ton. These things are great. As far as I can tell, they seem like they use the same components as the originals. Even the plastic feels the same. Probably not worth $70 unless you have a lot of reverence for NES, like me, though. Ok, back to adventures of Lolo.

70 dollars for how many? That's pricey as hell if it's per controller.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Am I the only one disappointed that Protagonist's long-lost golf champion father never factored into the story at all? Is there dlc that I missed?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Where are my blue cartridge Bible games, Nintendo?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I still refuse to believe that more than 1 or 2 of you legitimately like Neo Turf Masters and all the hype was just a trick to get goons into wasting $7

content
Feb 13, 2014

Panther2103 posted:

70 dollars for how many? That's pricey as hell if it's per controller.

It's $60 for two, plus shipping.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Count me. I like it

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
NEO TURF MASTERS rules, it's gorgeous and vaporwave as hell.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

thechalkoutline posted:

Speaking of galf, I've been having way more fun with Golf Story than I expected, if anyone has the all too normal hankering for a golf rpg

I'm also stuck in Octopath cause I'm a bad, I'm underleveled after collecting all the party members but can't stand grinding my way to the tier 2 quest levels... not sure if I'm doing something wrong or just don't have enough time on my hands

Do the tier one side dungeons; they're level 13-15 I think.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Microsoft Golf 3.0 for Windows will always be the one true golf game to me, but I’ve been a fan of Neo Turf Masters for years and years. It’s a solid, fast-paced, and challenging arcade golf game with no wacky bullshit. I think I first played it in some lovely Cracker Barrel-like restaurant on a family vacation when I was a kid and the incredible photorealistic graphics melted my face right off.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Is there a decent motion golf game on the switch yet?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Mister Facetious posted:

I think the Nier Automata one was better.

I'll bite

What Nier one?

content
Feb 13, 2014

Weedle posted:

Microsoft Golf 3.0 for Windows

oof nostalgia wave

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bombadilillo posted:

I'll bite

What Nier one?

Here.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Look Sir Droids posted:

Is Golf Story any good? Does it use motion controls? Is there a better golf game?

It's all right, not great. If you're looking for a "golf game," definitely give it a pass. It's trivially easy and has a very low skill ceiling. It doesn't even have hills.

I don't have a strong suggestion. Neo Turf is good, but kind of light on content and outdated in its presentation imo. The arcade focused gameplay feels weird on a home console game. Still, it's a good golf game, and I'd recommend it over Golf Story if you want a golf game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I disagree with this being better, despite being the inspiration; Neo Turf Master jokes are best jokes :colbert:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Meh, the aesthetic doesn't work with the words, too cutesy. That neo turf one looks like it embodies that meme.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

https://twitter.com/donoteat1/status/1060215639548276736

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

https://mute.city/products/born-to-golf

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

bushisms.txt posted:

Meh, the aesthetic doesn't work with the words, too cutesy. That neo turf one looks like it embodies that meme.

Cutesy goes better with nonsense phrases imo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Look Sir Droids posted:

Is Golf Story any good? Does it use motion controls? Is there a better golf game?

It’s more of an RPG than a golf game. Neo Turf Masters is a better dedicated golf game. Just wait for an eventual Mario Golf announcement if those don’t interest you.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I hosed up my left wrist yesterday withing with concrete. What switch game could I play with basically just the right hand?

The lol answer would be the Senran Kagura Pinball game or Bayonetta, sure, but if I were playing for that reason I still wouldn't be able to use my other hand.

Best I can think of at the moment is single joycon motion control Mario Kart 8 which I can tilt control with the one hand and use l and r for drift and items

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I hosed up my left wrist yesterday withing with concrete. What switch game could I play with basically just the right hand?

The lol answer would be the Senran Kagura Pinball game or Bayonetta, sure, but if I were playing for that reason I still wouldn't be able to use my other hand.

Best I can think of at the moment is single joycon motion control Mario Kart 8 which I can tilt control with the one hand and use l and r for drift and items

Pokémon Let’s Go basically forces you to play with a single joycon when docked/tabletop mode so there’s one.:v:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Quite a few new anime games that seem designed with one-handed play in mind....

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Pokemon Let's Go.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

No Wave posted:

[If you liked Hollow Knight] I'd do Enter The Gungeon next if the switch port is good.

I liked Enter The Gungeon but it was just way too hard to be fun.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

TaurusOxford posted:

Pokemon Let's Go.

This is the absolute best answer. It’s been like 20 years since I got a Pokémon and this one single-handedly got me stoked for next year’s model.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Rolo posted:

This is the absolute best answer. It’s been like 20 years since I got a Pokémon and this one single-handedly got me stoked for next year’s model.

Just for the love of God, give us the option to use normal controls in docked mode.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Bloop posted:

Quite a few new anime games that seem designed with one-handed play in mind....

As I already said my left wrist is injured so if that was the goal for playing one handed games it would be useless regardless

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
A Case of Distrust is on sale on the AU (and presumably Europe) estore for like $9

Looks pretty neat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef6YWHggQLU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Oh wow, Monster Energy AMA Supercross 2 FIM World Championship The Official Videogame 2 let's you ride on an exact digital recreation of the real track from Monster Energy AMA Supercross FIM World Championship the actual sporting event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKR9adIPrUE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

As I already said my left wrist is injured so if that was the goal for playing one handed games it would be useless regardless

I mean, you can theoretically play those games without cranking your hog

...maybe some kind of sybian...