Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

Telsa Cola posted:

No, he is just so dumb that he takes metaphors and the like as 100% serious and happening.
remember when he failed to understand an Oval Office metaphor from George W. Bush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Telsa Cola posted:

No, he is just so dumb that he takes metaphors and the like as 100% serious and happening.

I have no doubt that he thinks that the coyotes taking people across the boarder are actual coyotes.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Iron Crowned posted:

I have no doubt that he thinks that the coyotes taking people across the boarder are actual coyotes.

He said "believe it or not, coyotes", so yes his brain is too dumb for metaphor.

I know he uses simile occasionally, but even that is so sparse compared to really simple adjectives. The guy likes adjectives.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

ikanreed posted:

The guy likes adjectives.

Bigly!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
All we need to do is find the Native American federal agent aikido master whose spirit animal is a coyote.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Telsa Cola posted:

inflexible, literal thinking like that is actually a p strong indicator for dementia

one of the tests the doctor will give your pep pep is a few questions like "tell me three things a train and a car have in common" and if they can't give any answers like "they both transport people" or "they both can travel long distances" - instead just answering things like "they both have wheels, they're both metal" etc that's an early sign of dementia

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

inflexible, literal thinking like that is actually a p strong indicator for dementia

one of the tests the doctor will give your pep pep is a few questions like "tell me three things a train and a car have in common" and if they can't give any answers like "they both transport people" or "they both can travel long distances" - instead just answering things like "they both have wheels, they're both metal" etc that's an early sign of dementia

Either I have dementia or that isn't the greatest example. Why are commonalities in their construction somehow less valid than commonalities in their function?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Powered Descent posted:

Either I have dementia or that isn't the greatest example. Why are commonalities in their construction somehow less valid than commonalities in their function?

it's more than one question, they try to get a sense of how concrete their thinking is as a preliminary thing

e: can they use metaphor or are they fixated on appearance - people with early dementia tend not to describe anything in metaphor or idiom

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 01:35 on Jan 8, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
basically it's a better test than asking them how they handle their finances because that assumes that they aren't a dumbass or otherwise bad with money (or have always just made their wife do it, which is common with older men)

but it doesn't mean anything by itself, it just means that the nice doctor should probably perform some actual screening

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

holy poo poo, I had no idea he actually had a red button that he pushed to be brought a coke.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

ikanreed posted:

He said "believe it or not, coyotes", so yes his brain is too dumb for metaphor.

I know he uses simile occasionally, but even that is so sparse compared to really simple adjectives. The guy likes adjectives.

He uses similes like a dog.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what would this classify as:

-i can gently caress men in both
-i can use them to get to places where i can gently caress men
-they make me think about loving men

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

cumshitter posted:

congratulations you're the horniest grandpa in the retirement community, the navy vets like to hang out near the vending machines

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

cumshitter posted:

Excellent username/post combo. Well done, forums user cumshitter.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

TotalLossBrain posted:

Excellent username/post combo. Well done, forums user cumshitter.

I see you’re unfamiliar with cumshitter’s oeuvre

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
juts once i'd like to see an interviewer take everything he says credulously and see how far you can run with it.

are there plans to lay coyote traps along the wall, sir? humane traps are for cucks, will yours be steel-jaw, or poison?

mr. president, does america have a message for the iranian people who in recent years have protested and fought the repressive regime of shah pahlavi?

sir, your predecessor barack hussein obama pointedly refused to permit the consumption of the so-called "long-pig" on white house grounds, and even supported a national ban, raising questions about the source of his apparent dietary restrictions. what is the trump administration's stance on this controversy?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Au contraire

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Nice folks

https://twitter.com/briantashman/status/1082454094319636480?s=19

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
wow. I mean, everyone knows that's the sentiment. I've just never seen anyone put it out there quite so clearly.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

whoa my god how do you say that and not have a "are we the baddies" moment

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

VitalSigns posted:

how do you say that and not have a "are we the baddies" moment

Americans are quite good at this.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Adding this to my “trump voters are inhuman” file

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Former DILF posted:

Adding this to my “trump voters are inhuman” file

throwing her in my basket of deplorables

selec
Sep 6, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

whoa my god how do you say that and not have a "are we the baddies" moment

what exactly do you think leftists want to do to billionaires?

this lady understands how power works. it’s lovely that she wants to hurt vulnerable people, but if you don’t want to watch a billionaire cry and weep over high tax rates or wealth expropriation, what are you even doing here?

what do you think politics are?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol you can't "hurt" a billionaire with even kickass high taxes the way she wants people to be hurt

tho i'm sure they'll cry about it like you are

selec
Sep 6, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol you can't "hurt" a billionaire with even kickass high taxes the way she wants people to be hurt

tho i'm sure they'll cry about it like you are

did u not read the words “or wealth expropriation” my good bitch?

what are politics to you if not a struggle to determine control over the distribution of resources?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

selec posted:

what exactly do you think leftists want to do to billionaires?

this lady understands how power works. it’s lovely that she wants to hurt vulnerable people, but if you don’t want to watch a billionaire cry and weep over high tax rates or wealth expropriation, what are you even doing here?

what do you think politics are?

I want to expropriate his wealth but I really don't care if it hurts his feelings or not because my goal is to take the wealth he's greedily hoarding and help people with it, not throw it down a hole just to watch him cry.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
If anyone ever challenged her on that (including herself) she'd just claim to be talking about the deep state.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

I want to expropriate his wealth but I really don't care if it hurts his feelings or not because my goal is to take the wealth he's greedily hoarding and help people with it, not throw it down a hole just to watch him cry.

I think it’s fair to say that it will be fundamentally impossible for them to not lose their poo poo over it. the goal is to help people, but it will be impossible to do that without unmaking billionaires, and you might as well relish the ride.

billionaires get into dumb loving twitter spats over dumb meaningless poo poo. imagine how much better the melties would be when they start experiencing actual consequences for their hoarding. it would be incredible to see them try to defend their horror at becoming mere millionaires on CNBC.

and if you don’t crave the sight of them at least a little upset, what the gently caress are you even doing with your hate. people die for being unable to afford health care because these fuckers want more without end. children die so they can stockpile wealth; it’s not even going to yachts or anything, it’s just because it’s a bigger number.

learn to hate them or we’ll never get anywhere.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Thats a little on the nose, but lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

selec posted:

did u not read the words “or wealth expropriation” my good bitch?

what are politics to you if not a struggle to determine control over the distribution of resources?

she literally wants people to be imprisoned and killed

some billionaire boo hooing over having to live without their yacht like a normal person ain't even close to the same thing

i mean yeah you can draw a kind of equivalence to it about the guillotine i suppose

selec
Sep 6, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

she literally wants people to be imprisoned and killed

some billionaire boo hooing over having to live without their yacht like a normal person ain't even close to the same thing

i mean yeah you can draw a kind of equivalence to it about the guillotine i suppose

I mean, I would be okay with throwing the Kochs, Waltons and Mercers in jail.

again, what is politics if not the determination of which neck the boot goes on?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The current billionaires will still have the access to the excellent standards of public funded services and the chance to participate in the communal life and public good, unless they resist, which they will

It's a better deal than they're offering us

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
and no i'm not exaggerating about that lady's intent, that quote comes from a prison guard worker who is contrasted against the slightly more empathizing prison nurse also making that commute without pay

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

selec posted:

I think it’s fair to say that it will be fundamentally impossible for them to not lose their poo poo over it.

oh well :)

It's a means to an end. Will I think it's funny if a billionaire melts down and compares himself to holocaust victims because he was taxed down to a lowly millionaire? Sure. Is that why I'm doing it? No. There are infinite potential governments that would hurt billionaires, a military coup by Juche followers would hurt billionaires and I would hate that government.

That lady is the end of the road of the politics of spite. So obsessed with hurting others that she votes to gently caress over herself, and she'll do it again the next time a con man offers to hurt others. Even if she gets what she wants, she's still hosed over because hurting the people she wants to hurt doesn't actually help her in any way.

Epic High Five posted:

The current billionaires will still have the access to the excellent standards of public funded services and the chance to participate in the communal life and public good, unless they resist, which they will

It's a better deal than they're offering us

Yeah that too, there's no offer on her part that immigrants or gays or whoever will be equal if they get on board with her program, she wants them to suffer.

The PRC took an ex-emperor and made him a devoted commie. The landlords who resisted died sure but you don't have to kill the capitalists if you just take their wealth and power and turn them into regular people.

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 06:00 on Jan 8, 2019

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

and no i'm not exaggerating about that lady's intent, that quote comes from a prison guard worker who is contrasted against the slightly more empathizing prison nurse also making that commute without pay
She's also a half-step more clueful than most of the other people profiled in that story. She actually (rightly) blames Trump for the shutdown"

quote:

“I voted for him, and he’s the one who’s doing this,” she said of Mr. Trump.
She doesn't blame the Democrats, or Congress, or "politics" - she puts the blame right where it belongs, on Trump, which makes her a Jeopardy Tournament of Champions contender relative to the most of the people in that story.

quote:

Few prison guards interviewed leveled any criticism at the president or his border policy, instead blaming the impasse on both Republicans and Democrats in Congress who have failed to reach any agreement.

“You can point fingers at both sides,” said Jason Griffin, 44. “I point fingers at everyone. If they want to get something done, they can.”
LOL at these dumb loving rubes.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

raminasi posted:

If anyone ever challenged her on that (including herself) she'd just claim to be talking about the (((deep state))).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

throwing her in my basket of deplorables

yeah the other one is that furloughed couple of whom one was quoted saying something to the effect of "i'm only saying this because it affects me personally. again, i'm only saying this because it affects me personally"