Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I don't think Rohan can do things that conceptual and open ended like that, things that require knowledge to beamed into their brain with no outside source;'. He sends Koichi flying back really fast and teaches him Italian, but all of those are things Koichi could have and would have done if he had put the time or if a sudden force had acted upon him. Writing down in Jotaro "You know who and where the man once called Yoshikage Kira is and was" would probably be the same as writing "You know if God is real and if they stay in Heaven because they too fear what they've created", there's just no way for that to happen.

If Rohan knew who Kira was, he could definitely write "You know Kosaku is Kira", but nothing akin to just being struck with information

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

New Years is to Japan what Christmas is to the western world. Let the poor underpaid animators rest their tired (but strong) arms for a few days

Now I'm imagining all the animators with an arm like the Wheel of Fortune stand user, just hanging off the side of their desk

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Expect My Mom posted:

If Rohan knew who Kira was, he could definitely write "You know Kosaku is Kira", but nothing akin to just being struck with information

Is there any difference between that and just literally teaching someone a whole language though? It's still inserting information despite having no real source for it, unless Rohan wrote a whole dictionary including phonetics and proper phrase structure into Koichi's head.

In which case, wow, that thing has a lot of space.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah, what bugs me is that his job is part of his quiet life, it's his alibi, his mask, the place where he blends in. Hell he's respected there, women want to eat with him, guys try to drink with him. He even calls his boss in the middle of the final fight to say he'll be late. So "miserable" just feels out of character to me

Someone mentioned that this was Kira's new job, but he's also calling it in, because he doesn't want to get in poo poo or get fired for being late, thereby drawing attention from his wife. Plus, Kira suggests that Kosasu was a huge kiss rear end and Kosasu calling would be something he would have done.

I don't think Kira really cared about his work, other than the fact that it let him enjoy his lifestyle that he wanted and gave him the money to live in a decent house and to go on picnics with severed hands.

Finally, Kira's english voice actor is drat near perfect.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The deciding factor is really gonna be "Dame dame dame dame dame dame" since that's where all my worries about his Japanese voice vanished as well. I have faith DC Douglas can make him work.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Willsun posted:

Is Japan having some holiday or what's going on with 13.5

dont want to interfere with wrestle kingdom

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Momomo posted:

The deciding factor is really gonna be "Dame dame dame dame dame dame" since that's where all my worries about his Japanese voice vanished as well. I have faith DC Douglas can make him work.

kochi

wo

mirouuuuuuuuuu

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is there any difference between that and just literally teaching someone a whole language though? It's still inserting information despite having no real source for it, unless Rohan wrote a whole dictionary including phonetics and proper phrase structure into Koichi's head.

Maybe Rohan speaks Italian, and that by itself is enough?

Like he's constantly doing research for his comics, so clearly what he knows / has experienced matters to him. It would be appropriate if that's how his power worked, too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Rohan based a manga on Koichi's memories. Clearly he went out of his way to learn Italian in order to portray Tonio as accurately as possible.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Rohan definitely learns every language his manga is translated in to do the whole thing himself

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
just remembered the anime cut the scene where joseph tells rohan he loves pink dark boy but cant read it super well so he asks for an english translation and rohan acts like the stupidest question he's ever heard

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Expect My Mom posted:

just remembered the anime cut the scene where joseph tells rohan he loves pink dark boy but cant read it super well so he asks for an english translation and rohan acts like the stupidest question he's ever heard

I don't think that was cut.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What if Rohan wrote on Jotaro that he could stop time as long as he wanted?

Jotaro would be totally unstoppable, of course, but Rohan would never do that because if he did Jotaro could hypothetically draw a manga chapter faster than the great Rohan Kishibe, and that just won't loving stand.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Re: Heaven’s Door’s limitations, maybe it only applies to skills/things you can or can’t do? I.e. Speakinf fluent Italian is a skill, so Rohan could write in that Koichi could do that, but couldn’t write that Koichi knows the meaning of the word “Arrivederci”?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

unless Rohan wrote a whole dictionary including phonetics and proper phrase structure into Koichi's head.

This is an extremely rohan thing to do, so it is probably that

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't think that was cut.
it' t'was!

that convo was originally in Janken Boy, unless the anime moved it i guess

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Rohan turned Koichi into a book and then glued a bunch of pages from an Italian dictionary into him.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

There's an alternate universe where Rohan goes to Italy instead of Koichi and after meeting Giorno he stays for entirety of Part 5 in order to get as much material for his manga as possible.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Daxing Dan posted:

Rohan turned Koichi into a book and then shoved a whole Italian dictionary into him.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I can't stop imagining the "What a beautiful Duwang" sequence as said by Albert Wesker now

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

If Rohan can create, destroy, and force god to exist in a paradox at the same time, whos to say that he is mortal?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Rohan would refuse immortality because he can't write a character dying until he himself has experienced it. Once he beats up enough folks in the afterlife to return, then maybe he'd consider living forever.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

rohan has more important things to do with his power

like opening up a cooked chicken leg to read it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Or walking out of his own story to go pay attention to baseball

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rohan would ruin part 5 with his presence I think. His star shines simply too bright

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Doesn't one of the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe specials take place in Italy?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Nope. He helps Tonio poach rare oysters in one though.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Whenever Rohan Kishibe is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Rohan?"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Whenever Rohan Kishibe is not on screen, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Rohan?"
Also, he has access to Koichi.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

you might be thinking of rohan at the louvre but the louvre is in: france

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

FirstAidKite posted:

This is an extremely rohan thing to do, so it is probably that

Yeah, that honestly sounds like the most plausible explanation.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Didn't realize Remi's english voice actress was such a Jojo fan. She says jojo's her favorite series and even cosplayed as Jolyne from part 6 a couple of times. Good for her for landing the role.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Monaghan posted:

Didn't realize Remi's english voice actress was such a Jojo fan. She says jojo's her favorite series and even cosplayed as Jolyne from part 6 a couple of times. Good for her for landing the role.

Kira Buckland? Yeah, she's crazy about Jojo. She also did Trucy Wright and 2B.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
kira buckland is the only dub actor i give a pass every time because she went to the same university as me and started the first anime con in alaska

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kira Buckland Will Voice Jolyne.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

So uh I'm up at 5am a lot of nights with my baby and uh...

Every time you close your eyes
You wake up feeling so hungry
I can't get you outta my mind
Cuddlin' you be all I see
I would give anything
Just to make you get some sleep
I don't give a drat about nothing else
Feed'n you is all I need

Tonight, you want your mommy (you want your mommy)
Tonight, you got my time (oh get it baby)
Tonight you got a bottle (yeah)
Tonight, you got your dad
You got your dad, all I wanna do is feed you

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Xand_Man posted:

So uh I'm up at 5am a lot of nights with my baby and uh...

Every time you close your eyes
You wake up feeling so hungry
I can't get you outta my mind
Cuddlin' you be all I see
I would give anything
Just to make you get some sleep
I don't give a drat about nothing else
Feed'n you is all I need

Tonight, you want your mommy (you want your mommy)
Tonight, you got my time (oh get it baby)
Tonight you got a bottle (yeah)
Tonight, you got your dad
You got your dad, all I wanna do is feed you

:3: This is great.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Expect My Mom posted:

I remember that they cut that scene of Joseph asking Rohan if Pink Dark Boy had an English translation. Rohan doesn't think it's a stupid question, though. He says something to the effect of, "Well, there was a French translation but I'm not sure why you Americans don't have it yet. I suppose it must be due to lovely taste." :v:

But based on their interaction during the RPS Kid arc, I think that Joseph is the only other person in the Morioh gang that Rohan respects other than Koichi.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

My favorite Rohan moment comes from the Oingo Boingo Brothers Adventure one-shot comic where Rohan writes the afterword and over the course of a few pages he praises Boingo's unique art style, realizes that Thoth actually does all the work, and starts raging at how he's a superior mangaka and shouldn't have to speak well of someone that he thinks is untalented. In the fictional world of Jojo's the physical release of the comic is an actual thing and somehow saw print with Rohan self-aggrandizing contribution included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rohan could’ve written “I know where Kira is and what his new identity is” and found Kira

But taking shortcuts like that would make him a bad mangaka so he refused