Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1082716973786648576

Congrats on a blue Virginia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

he was not

deandre harris was found not guilty

Yeah, I had to do some reading after I saw that because i was like :stare:

I am glad Harris was aquitted.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

CmdrRiker posted:

Well, I'm impressed. We're on track to have the longest biggest most beautiful US govt shutdown in history, people can’t even believe it they’re so happy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1082703996886941697

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Tayter Swift posted:

I really hope, above all else, that Trump shits on the "Fake News" tonight in his speech in return for them ceding prime-time airspace to him. They really deserve it.

Any network that airs this speech without fact checking it in real time with a screen graphic can gently caress right off.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Shifty Pony posted:

I would assume that any suspected foreign agent like lawyer lady would have their communications tapped, but it is always possible that she just used an email hosted somewhere that they could subpoena.

She probably used the Trump Tower wifi, which was already being tapped for other reasons.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/1082723596546527232

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Good. Virginia is finally no longer part of the Solid South.

"Someone...needed to lead! We needed a leader!"

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

That's just his explanation in the time honored tradition of interpretive dance

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Liquid Communism posted:

She probably used the Trump Tower wifi, which was already being tapped for other reasons.

BigHandJohnBarron69: u up?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

mdemone posted:

Wait, how the gently caress did Mueller get access to contemporary emails from Veselnitskaya to Russian contacts?

There are at least four ways he could have done so:

1. Through a normal warrant, where he showed a judge probable cause that she committed a crime. Since she is a lawyer, this is going to be a little bit harder, and some of the communications might have had to go through a cleaning team, but its exactly what happened to Cohen

2. Through a FISA warrant, because he showed to a FISA judge evidence that she was acting as a foreign agent.

3. Through a cooperating recipient of some of those e-Mails, who is acting as a witness to the investigation. Someone like Rick Gates. He also could have used those e-Mails as a basis for either 1) or 2)

4. Through a non-domestic service. If the recipient of the e-Mails is someone in Russia, there is (as I understand it), no legal requirement for surveiling them or bribing or whatever someone to turn them over. This could have been done by the CIA, or, for all we know, Dutch Intelligence.

Also, I think in this particular instance, Veselnitskaya is being charged in the SDNY, who at this point might be doing more of the investigation than Mueller, but we can probably assume that Mueller has them as well.

These are the type of questions that were dealt with in the Investigations Thread. This investigation is very complex, and involves a lot of legal matters that can get pretty technical, so it was helpful to have one place to go to keep it all straight. Here, answers like this are going to be diluted by musings on how Jon Arbuckle could get pregnant by drinking dog semen. An interesting question, but one that I find less relevant than questions about how gigantic federal investigations run.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is he really the best one to do this?

Toobly
Feb 19, 2013

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Isn't it caused by eating a bunch of foods high in uric acid and then being unable to properly process them? It crystallizes in the joints and that's what causes the pain and inflammation.

it's caused by foods high in purines (meats, cheeses, caffeine, fermented foods) that get metabolized into uric acid. dehydration typically causes the molecules to crystallize, especially in the joints in the feet where you have chronic low level inflammation from standing all day then when you sleep the inflammation goes away, fluids drain from the joints, and the uric acid crystallizes. it's painful as hell. Happened to me in college because of my steady diet of soda and hotdogs

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Pylons posted:

Is he really the best one to do this?

This is his own thing, not the official broadcast response.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

glowing-fish posted:

Here, answers like this are going to be diluted by musings on how Jon Arbuckle could get pregnant by drinking dog semen. An interesting question, but one that I find less relevant than questions about how gigantic federal investigations run.

But we did find out that Jon Arbuckle swallows.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I really hope the nazi nerds try to start poo poo in prison on day 1 thinking the AB has their back before they get beaten into a coma.

*tries to make rousing ROWHA speech, rolls a negative 1000 gets beaten*

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

This is his own thing, not the official broadcast response.

Oh, that's fair enough, then.

heyitsamanda
Jul 17, 2018

I mean, it's one banana Michael, what could it cost? 10 dollars?
I think our best hope here is for Trump to completely ramble, contradict himself, and come of as unhinged. I mean, I wanna hear about Hillary's emails, the deep state, how awful Jeff Sessions was for recusing himself, a tangent about how he basically fired Mattis, etc.

If Trump manages to stay "on script" (whatever that means for him) and come off as even somewhat reasonable, the media won't call him out on his flagrant lies, Fox and the GOP pundits will just keep encouraging him, and he goes for declaring a national emergency. The thing is, I doubt even if he declares a national emergency, he'll sign a clean CR. All Trump knows how to do is bully, there's a clear pattern of behavior here.

I really don't think the shutdown ends unless McConnell overrides and veto or Pelosi caves. I hope for our sake as a nation, so that we don't have society used as a bargaining chip by a truly insane man every other month when he wants something, that the Dems don't cave on this.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

heyitsamanda posted:

I think our best hope here is for Trump to completely ramble, contradict himself, and come of as unhinged.

He has been doing this for years now. It won't matter. This entire speech is a waste of time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mango sentinel posted:

Blow it out your rear end old man.

Only people I care about are actual Congressional leadership and the young lions. I'm tired of old white men posturing.

You should welcome it since historically giving response speeches does not forbode good primary results. He has a huge throng of followers who only listen to him, good if he gets them on board and makes sure they don't buy Trump's poo poo

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

PhazonLink posted:

I really hope the nazi nerds try to start poo poo in prison on day 1 thinking the AB has their back before they get beaten into a coma.

What makes you think the AB won't accept them?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Jaxyon posted:

They're massive dweebs. Even if they agree on a bunch of horrible poo poo, they probably draw the line at actually having to hang out with people like that

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1082724527287595009?s=19

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Jaxyon posted:

They're loser nerds, but more importantly they mostly grew up comfortably middle class

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

My prediction: An incoherent rambling speech which goes on for about fifteen minutes, and by the end nobody has any idea whether he just declared a national emergency or not.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I thought Manafort missed the deadline for filing last night? And now there's this redaction stuff people are quoting from, but nobody has a link to the source document?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Qwertycoatl posted:

My prediction: An incoherent rambling speech which goes on for about fifteen minutes, and by the end nobody has any idea whether he just declared a national emergency or not.

I hope it's 10 minutes of "Hope! Hopey!!!"

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

cr0y posted:

Heard this before but maybe something is moving today?

https://twitter.com/Toure/status/1082709490477207552?s=19

There are a number of people in legal trouble for things relating to the Russian investigation, and it seems probable that Donald Trump, Jr. is one of them.

However, absent of other evidence, an unsourced quote on Twitter means almost nothing. The arrests and indictments in this case have tended to be much less theatrical than people guessed they would be, and hardly appeared on schedule. There were many people who thought that Roger Stone was going to be indicted the week of the mid-terms, it is two months later, and Stone seems to be in the same legal state as he was at the time.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
I hope Trump holds up a map of the 2016 election results tonight.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

mdemone posted:

Wait, how the gently caress did Mueller get access to contemporary emails from Veselnitskaya to Russian contacts?

Not Mueller, the Southern District of New York.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I thought Manafort missed the deadline for filing last night? And now there's this redaction stuff people are quoting from, but nobody has a link to the source document?

No, he filed under seal which didn't show up on the docket.

And the source document is all over the place and has been linked in this thread already. https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/5677512/Manafort-20190108-Dc.pdf

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

The Super-Id posted:

I hope Trump holds up a map of the 2016 election results tonight.

Printed on a piece of paper the size of an index card to make his hands look big

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Good stuff now let's get rid of the centrist-fetishizing Dem pols (Warner, Kaine, Northram, etc) and replace them with actual leftists

Lee Carter for Senator

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Not a Children posted:

They're loser nerds, but more importantly they mostly grew up comfortably middle class

They're also prominent soldiers in the "cause" who proved themselves "legit".

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

also these people are still trying to destroy their careers (or confine themselves to only working for Russia indefinitely, I guess)

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1082725252050944005

citing a Kavanaugh quote as a reason Trump-appointed judge Dabney Friedrich should recuse herself is cute, but any other judge in D.D.C. would've been ever harsher on them and not put up with this bullshit for half as long

maybe they want the russians to fire them lol

eke out fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 8, 2019

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Thanks Obama

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Nail Rat posted:

This guy has a mononym but I have no idea who he is, I'm guessing this is bullshit
Touré is a culture journalist/critic. I've only heard of him because he wrote a very good biography of Prince.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Can someone go back to last night's pages and find all the people who posted how Pelosi and Schumer would SURELY not give the response because they knew better so we can shame them?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Jaxyon posted:

They're also prominent soldiers in the "cause" who proved themselves "legit".

Nah, prison gangs don't gently caress around, if you're not useful to them you're not getting their protection. Useful varies, but pasty middle class boys probably aren't rich enough for protection and sure as poo poo aren't hard enough to be an active useful gang member. White Nat prison gangs are probably more inclined towards ideology than most but even so, I doubt they're going to stick their necks out for these dipshit kids LARPing at what the 'real' members have been living for decades.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

The AB loves money more than racist bullshit.

Green is the only color they care about.

e: even prisions have a certain social order/norm you dont gently caress with, and some edgrlord going HH think that he has the 20/20 fallout stats to incite the start of the holy war is going to get beaten.

Like remember The Oregon Birdhouse Standoff? Some nerd was live streaming that poo poo and talking about THEMEMES and was still an outcast even though he was one of the last people left when the feds finally did something.( lol gently caress tarp dude, I hope even chuds have forgetten that piece of poo poo)

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I know we're making GBS threads ourselves over that unredacted filing but i'm loving dying at this george costanza rear end politician
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1082656962217721861