Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

oliwan posted:

Violence is actually good vs Nazis, hth

The Swiss guy is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Sulla Faex posted:

how on earth are you supposed to know ahead of time whether you need to change trains or stay on the same train when going intercity? Obviously if you get to the departure station and it says your target destination on the train info then you're fine, but the tickets are ambiguous. Tickets for trains that don't require a transfer will also often specify different train codes and platforms

Is there a trick or some way of knowing from ticket data alone?

Ask the info desk to print you an itinerary. Also, if your ticket is not a savings offer ticket, but a flex ticket, then you can take whatever trains you like from start to destination as long as they're not of a more expensive type than what you booked.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Generally you look up your connection info ahead of time/while you buy your ticket. At the counter they usually print it out for you, online or at the machine you have to select a connection before you get to pay and it tells you how many changes there are. Tickets also look different depending on where you get them and have different amounts of info on them.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Hm so if we are recreating the trip online via the DB website and it automatically inserts the stop off in the midpoint city, does that mean it's not a transfer connection and you just stay on the train? So connections would have to be inserted manually while booking

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

If it's a transfer, you'll get a different train. If it's not a transfer, you'll have a single train.

How are you buying the tickets, online or in person at the train station/at one of the automats? The online ticket that you print out is pretty idiot proof and looks like this for a transfer ticket:

Here I left from Darmstadt, got on the RB15390 to Frankfurt. It arrived at 8:48am at Platform 10, and then my next train is ICE 1535 leaving Frankfurt at 9:02 from platform 13. This ICE I rode to Berlin, where I got off. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the problem but it seems pretty straightforward.

Sulla Faex posted:

Hm so if we are recreating the trip online via the DB website and it automatically inserts the stop off in the midpoint city, does that mean it's not a transfer connection and you just stay on the train? So connections would have to be inserted manually while booking

If I understand this correctly, it means you're changing trains. But without knowing the connection that you're looking at specifically, it's kinda hard to tell.

Drone fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 9, 2019

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Not sure I follow you there. But if you enter the start and destination points of your journey on the DB website, you'll get a suggestion of different connections, with a column in the list labelled "Chg." that tells you how many changes there are; then when you click "show details" on a connection with changes, you'll see where you have to change trains and how much time you'll have. (All assuming you have the site set to English.)

If you want to specifically put in a stopover at a city on the route, you can go on the DB website, click on first the dropdown menu arrow where you enter your start and destination and then "Further options", and there you can enter a stopover along with desired length of time.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

If you have a situation where it's like

Neustadt: Ankunft 12:30, RE 123, Gleis 2
Neustadt: Abfahrt 12:50, RE 345, Gleis 2

That may or may not be the same physical train, so it may or may not be appropriate to stay in your seat, ask your Schaffner.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Yeah sorry, that's what I would have figured too except that the second train doesn't have a platform number for the change. And on another train that mum took a few days ago, the different train code (produkte) also occurred (as well as showing the platform number at the interchange station) and yet she didn't have to change trains, so that was a bit weird and made me wonder if there was another ticket-based way of knowing.

In the end we just looked up the train itinerary for the first leg and yeah, we do have to change. Next time I'll do more research, I kinda winged this trip a bit

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

And apparently mum was also checking the train details on the third party booking site, not the DB site which clearly shows the full itinerary. Whoops, I also should have double checked that before posting, I told her to use DB but I guess she didn't

Thanks guys

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
get the db navigator on your phone

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Mithaldu posted:

get the db navigator on your phone

:agreed:, it's a solid app and apparently even better for some European countries than their respective railway company's online presence itself

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I totally forgot, there's a new Germany thread in the LAN subforum. Well not new. Not yet locked is what I mean.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Ich finde es unmöglich, wie durch rotgrüne Linksfaschisten politische Gewalt gegen AfD- Politiker verharmlost wird.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

"Die Verletzungen von Magnitz, er hatte zahlreiche Prellungen und Platzwunden erlitten, werden laut den Ärzten wieder heilen." Is this how commas work now? I feel like I lost all comprehension of this language.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Vanadium posted:

"Die Verletzungen von Magnitz, er hatte zahlreiche Prellungen und Platzwunden erlitten, werden laut den Ärzten wieder heilen." Is this how commas work now? I feel like I lost all comprehension of this language.

Whoever wrote that sentence did not know how to type a Gedankenstrich, but did not want to embarass themself by using a Bindestrich in its stead

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Vanadium posted:

What do you mean now? It's an Einschub, because you can read the sentence without it:
"Die Verletzungen von Magnitz verden laut den Ärzten wieder heilen"
So the "er hatte zahlreiche Prellungen und Platzwunden erlitten" is a full sentence that just gets inserted, and denoted with commas.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Simply Simon posted:

What do you mean now? It's an Einschub, because you can read the sentence without it:
"Die Verletzungen von Magnitz verden laut den Ärzten wieder heilen"
So the "er hatte zahlreiche Prellungen und Platzwunden erlitten" is a full sentence that just gets inserted, and denoted with commas.

I'll admit that I have no clue about what's proper and right, but that construction strikes me as very unusual.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Die behandelnden Ärzte, müssen doch die Wunde gereinigt haben, und Auskunft geben können, wie sehr die Wunde durch Bodenpartikel verunreinigt.
Die können durch den direkten Aufprall dahinein gelangt worden sein, aber natürlich auch, falls er durch einen Schlag zu Boden fällt, und auf dem Boden hin und herbewegt.
Die Dichte der schwarzen Partikel müßte aber Auskunft geben.
Dazu müßten aber die Ärzte der Schweigepflicht entbunden werden.

Normlaerweise hätte sien Gesicht aber mehr Schleifspuren.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Die behandelnden Ärzte, müssen doch die Wunde gereinigt haben, und Auskunft geben können, wie sehr die Wunde durch Bodenpartikel verunreinigt.
Die können durch den direkten Aufprall dahinein gelangt worden sein, aber natürlich auch, falls er durch einen Schlag zu Boden fällt, und auf dem Boden hin und herbewegt.
Die Dichte der schwarzen Partikel müßte aber Auskunft geben.
Dazu müßten aber die Ärzte der Schweigepflicht entbunden werden.

Normlaerweise hätte sien Gesicht aber mehr Schleifspuren.

?
Steht doch im Artikel, was passiert ist:

quote:

Die Polizei hat Videoaufnahmen von der Tat gesichert und ermittelt wegen des Verdachts einer gefährlichen Körperverletzung. Die Bilder zeigen zwei Personen, die sich dem 66-Jährigen von hinten nähern, eine dritte laufe versetzt dahinter, teilten Staatsanwaltschaft und Polizei mit. Einer der Unbekannten habe Magnitz von hinten niedergeschlagen, woraufhin dieser gestürzt sei. Anschließend sei das Trio vom Ort des Geschehens geflüchtet.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Eagerly looking forward to a bunch of editorials warning us about the menace of the Klopfrausspiel.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Perestroika posted:

Eagerly looking forward to a bunch of editorials warning us about the menace of the Klopfrausspiel.

A terrible evolution from fröhlichklatschen.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

So much snow and I have to pick someone up at the airport tomorrow, danke Merkel! :argh:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Lord Stimperor posted:

I'll admit that I have no clue about what's proper and right, but that construction strikes me as very unusual.

That's merely the case because in internet culture people tend to prefer Gedankenstriche, Klammern or simply using shorter sentences as they are easier to write with a lesser chance of mistakes.

Constructing Hauptsatz, Hauptsatz, Nebensatz, or even just setting up multiple Hauptsätze as Einschübe and separating them via comma is completely correct and you can find it quite often throughout any kind of regular Prosa, both old and new.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Without Gedankenstriche, it just looks really out of place to me... if you can point me towards more legit writers doing that sort of thing, I'd be grateful. Gotta broaden my grammatical horizons.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah I definitely strongly feel that that particular construction needs Gedankenstriche.

System Metternich posted:

So much snow and I have to pick someone up at the airport tomorrow, danke Merkel! :argh:
https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/warnstreiks-flughafen-117.html

Maybe not!

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Perestroika posted:

What is the Klopfrausspiel? Google turns up with nothing :(

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

Yeah I definitely strongly feel that that particular construction needs Gedankenstriche.

https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/warnstreiks-flughafen-117.html

Maybe not!

Originally I was supposed to pick her up yesterday but because it snows a ton in Montenegro too her flight didn’t even take off. Let’s hope for today! :v:

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

What is the Klopfrausspiel? Google turns up with nothing :(

A translation of the "knockout game" which is a legend among some white people in America. According to the legend, groups of young black people will try to knock out (beat unconscious) random white people for the lulz

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

communism cannot and will not work

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Why is Avshalom posting in our thread?

School overall is just a big hosed up thing. Ten million different forms between the various Länder, and that doesn't even touch on the differencess between countries. It's as if school policy was designed to be the least compatible with other states/countries as possible.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Torrannor posted:

Why is Avshalom posting in our thread?
They're spamming that one line all over D&D.

poultry slam
Jan 3, 2019

very normal way to spend your time

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

It's a bit of a weak troll, tbh. Maybe she'd be more efficient by formulating a 5-year-plan of how to best rile up which thread when, using communal shitposting resources?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

frankenfreak posted:

Better than spamming erotic fanfics about Ariel Sharon again, I guess.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

pidan posted:

A translation of the "knockout game" which is a legend among some white people in America. According to the legend, groups of young black people will try to knock out (beat unconscious) random white people for the lulz

Let me tell you about the "Nierenspiel", my friend

poultry slam
Jan 3, 2019

someone invited me to play that once and it was lame. all that happened is that I woke up in a bathtub full of ice

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

someone's a sore loser

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Let me tell you about the "Nierenspiel", my friend

Es ist gerufen Häschenklopfen, danke in Vorauszahlung.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Stiefelkreis! Stiefelkreis!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Speaking of school stuff, apparently there's another movement towards weakening the Schulpflicht: https://www.zeit.de/gesellschaft/schule/2019-01/homeschooling-schulpflicht-menschenrechte-wuerde-kinder

quote:

Schulgegner aus Hessen sind mit ihrer Beschwerde beim Europäischen Gerichtshof für Menschenrechte gescheitert. Die Eltern hatten ihre Kinder zu Hause unterrichtet und sich der Schulpflicht widersetzt. Daraufhin waren die Kinder von der Polizei abgeholt und sogar zwischenzeitlich von ihren Eltern getrennt worden. Die Straßburger Richter hielten nun fest, dass mit dem teilweisen Sorgerechtsentzug zwar das in Recht der Eltern eingegriffen worden sei, die Gründe dafür seien aber "relevant und ausreichend".

Der Hintergrund: In Deutschland gilt seit genau hundert Jahren die Schulpflicht. Das bedeutet, jedes Kind zwischen 6 und 15 Jahren muss eine Schule besuchen, entweder eine öffentliche oder eine staatlich genehmigte private Ersatzschule. Eine generelle Befreiung von der Schulpflicht aus pädagogischen oder religiösen Gründen ist nicht zulässig.

Der Rechtsanwalt Andreas Vogt hatte die Eltern in Deutschland bis einschließlich zum Bundesverfassungsgericht vertreten. Der Streit um das nicht erlaubte Homeschooling ist einer der Tätigkeitsschwerpunkte des im nordhessischen Eschwege niedergelassenen Anwalts. Sollte es ein Menschenrecht sein, seine Kinder zu Hause unterrichten zu dürfen?