Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

quote:

innovative dog experience

lmao what

what the gently caress does that mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

gently caress are people doing with dogs but no time to spend with dogs

they're outsourcing the loving dogs

they're paying to outsource the loving dogs

they're creating a bullshit industry out of being negligent pet owners

acksplode
May 17, 2004

The funniest thing is that they wouldn't be catching any flak (it's the umpteenth bougie dog daycare in SF) if it weren't for that godawful name.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

People spend too much loving money on their pets. News at 11.

also lol doggystyle

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

That's actually an extremely common groomer name

Seriously type "Doggie Sty- " into google maps. We have one down the street from us in SJ and I used to pass one by GWB's childhood home in Texas.

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

That's actually an extremely common groomer name

Seriously type "Doggie Sty- " into google maps. We have one down the street from us in SJ and I used to pass one by GWB's childhood home in Texas.

It's the kind of thing people hear and then think it's so clever and figure that no one would realize it's completely copied since THEY only heard it once.

See also: all the wifi networks named "pretty fly for a wifi"

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

unbutthurtable posted:

See also: all the wifi networks named "pretty fly for a wifi"

I have one of those in my apartment building, so this checks out. My wifi is called Coriolanus because I hit Random Article on Wikipedia and it landed on this guy.

Thanks for letting me share.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

also lol doggystyle
My fave is "Who does your dog?".... And I guess they closed since I last drove by.

Also a bit late to the party on this:
I think I'm just going to put off getting the real ID thing is just travel with my passport until I can't renew by mail.

Spazzle posted:

3) California residency, such as home utility bill that lists your name and physical address (a P.O. Box can be used as the mailing address to receive your REAL ID, but your residency document must display a P.O. Box and physical address).
Proof of residency and home address requirements are some classist bullshit that is an unnecessary burden on poor and homeless people. Just take a loving signed affidavit. It is not like bills or church records are any more proof than that.
Even going ~3 months being temporarily homeless by choice with a good chunk of money in the bank was a massive pain in the rear end. Now the DMV thinks I live in a 3x5.5" mailbox at a UPS store.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1083022011574747137

:ca:

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Abolish the presidency.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hes angry we havent strated raking yet

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Shear Modulus posted:

hes angry we havent strated raking yet

he's angry north korea hasn't nuked us yet

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Maybe I’m just paranoid, but has anyone else wondered just how far away we are from a Republican controlled federal government openly endorsing policies that will hurt Californians out of spite? Everyone across the country seems to hold a pretty low view of us (for good and bad reasons), and probably wouldn’t react too strongly if the National Guard was sicced in us or our state government for petty reasons.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Maybe I’m just paranoid, but has anyone else wondered just how far away we are from a Republican controlled federal government openly endorsing policies that will hurt Californians out of spite? Everyone across the country seems to hold a pretty low view of us (for good and bad reasons), and probably wouldn’t react too strongly if the National Guard was sicced in us or our state government for petty reasons.

Sometimes I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

...that already happened with the tax bill?

Re: license chat

I'm a little creeped out that you can get "veteran" noted on the corner of your license like you might get organ donor. What is it for? Does the DMV really need to be the arbiter of whether I can can get a free appetizer at Applebee's on veterans day?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

im guessing its so cops know they can let you off with a warning when they pull you over

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ron Jeremy posted:

...that already happened with the tax bill?

Re: license chat

I'm a little creeped out that you can get "veteran" noted on the corner of your license like you might get organ donor. What is it for? Does the DMV really need to be the arbiter of whether I can can get a free appetizer at Applebee's on veterans day?

yeah tax bill was basically gently caress california/nyc. more money for (non-hollywood) uber rich.

yeah that seems dumb but whatever, it's mostly a minor detail. speaking of which I finally signed up for organ donor (they're probably wrecked with alcohol and weed and unusable but w/e) when I did my realid license. I hope at some point the government passes an opt-out approach for organ donors because people are so god drat dumb and think that they'll purposely be killed.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shear Modulus posted:

im guessing its so cops know they can let you off with a warning when they pull you over

that's what CHP 11-99 foundation plates are for

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

A little more than 10% of the entire population of the USA lives in California.

In the event that National Guard is deployed for martial law in California, there would be upheaval. People hate on California like they hate on Texans, but most people (remember Republicans and Libertarians are not most people) don't wish death and brutal suppression just because of that.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

God I loving hate this piece of poo poo.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

HelloSailorSign posted:

In the event that National Guard is deployed for martial law in California, there would be upheaval.

If the President took control of the California National Guard away from the Governor and turned it on the government of California, that would pretty much be the start of a new civil war, by definition.

I wonder if the officers at the Agriculture Inspection Stations have a contingency plan for closing the border if we're in danger of being invaded by other states' militias.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

man you are going to be real shocked when you learn of the senate and the electoral college

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Xaris posted:

that's what CHP 11-99 foundation plates are for

Just lol if you don't have the 60s legacy plates. They're the sickest plates and the current white ones are loving gross.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I lost my front plate years ago, but they don't make new blue-and-yellow plates, so I can't get a new pair that would fit my '79 pickup. :(

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

CPColin posted:

I lost my front plate years ago, but they don't make new blue-and-yellow plates, so I can't get a new pair that would fit my '79 pickup. :(

Wait a few years and you could pay extra to get a blue and gold plate ala the LOOK AT MY BLACK AND YELLOW PLATES.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why would you broadcast your SSID in 2019?

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

man you are going to be real shocked when you learn of the senate and the electoral college

It is a lot harder than you think to punish individual states and California is such an economic powerhouse that has a shitton of weight to throw around. Plus actively hurting California will make the Navy and Tech Companies throw a shitfit.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
California has actual, functional government too. The federal government is disintegrating before our eyes, which is kind of crazy when you think about it.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Turtlicious posted:

Why would you broadcast your SSID in 2019?

You get to say something funny and make it easy for guests. Not broadcasting your SSID won't keep you from getting hacked or even detected.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

Those are usually spun as a way to prevent poor ole heartlanders from being outvoted by the urban rabble on the coasts, not purely as a way to spite blue states. Even when bashing California, Trump has been careful to not attack Californians as a whole, just the government. Americans hold a special contempt for Californians in that they blame them for the gentrification of urban areas and the hosed up housing markets throughout the country, and for their association with Hollywood and Big Tech. Blatant pandering to this resentment would probably succeed to some degree if someone would try it.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Those are usually spun as a way to prevent poor ole heartlanders from being outvoted by the urban rabble on the coasts, not purely as a way to spite blue states. Even when bashing California, Trump has been careful to not attack Californians as a whole, just the government. Americans hold a special contempt for Californians in that they blame them for the gentrification of urban areas and the hosed up housing markets throughout the country, and for their association with Hollywood and Big Tech. Blatant pandering to this resentment would probably succeed to some degree if someone would try it.

gently caress all these Jeff Bezos and Mark Zuckerberg californians trying to regulate on the rest of us, they for sure love the megacorporations causing all the gentrification and are not themselves fighting exactly the same problems everyone else is

avocado toast

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

It's just red meat for his base.

Conservatives believe some hilarious poo poo about California.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

running against NANCY PELOSI'S SAN FRANCISCO VALUES has been a thing that chuds have done all across the country as long as she has been around

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skyscraper posted:

You get to say something funny and make it easy for guests. Not broadcasting your SSID won't keep you from getting hacked or even detected.

yeah but I get to go "oh you don't see it? that's so weird, see I'm connected." when people you don't like want your wifi.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

guys youll never guess what tom steyer decided not to do

https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/1083106888089305088?s=20

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Jaxyon posted:

It's just red meat for his base.

Conservatives believe some hilarious poo poo about California.

My Trump loving family out in a rural area of the country literally broke down in tears trying to get me to leave California because of how awful they believe it is. Trying to explain that, no, I'm actually doing quite well for myself with a good engineering job landed on deaf ears.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Dirk the Average posted:

My Trump loving family out in a rural area of the country literally broke down in tears trying to get me to leave California because of how awful they believe it is. Trying to explain that, no, I'm actually doing quite well for myself with a good engineering job landed on deaf ears.

Fox News cult, man.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/cable-tech-dick-cheney-sex-dungeon_us_5c0ea571e4b06484c9fd4c21

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

when people you don't like want your wifi.
I don't know what is going on in your life, but I don't invite people I don't like into my house to passive aggressively gently caress with them. I imagine not many other people do either.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shear Modulus posted:

guys youll never guess what tom steyer decided not to do

https://twitter.com/alexburnsNYT/status/1083106888089305088?s=20

he has a fetish for doing this i swear to god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted: