Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be #1 Pick?
DE Nick Bosa
DT Quinnen Williams
White Quarterback
Kicker...yeah...definitely the Kicker
View Results

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

Ben and Rivers both have a chance to get to top 5 in the big counting stats

I thought the target of my rebuttal was pretty clear: Top 5 big counting stats =/= Top 5 QB all-time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Doltos posted:

There's not a ton of draft news right now which is the problem when the draft thread is made too early, I've found.

Soon there will be arguments on whether or not you should spend a first round pick on a RB, or a flood of playoff posters whose team just lost asking who they can pick with the 26th pick to suddenly turn their team into a full on contender.

The answer to the latter is s Clemson defensive lineman

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

are there really playoff posters anymore on these dead rear end forums?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Ben and Rivers both have a chance to get to top 5 in the big counting stats

Rivers isn't even the best Chargers alum QB playing currently.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Rivers isn't even the best Chargers alum QB playing currently.

Dad?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ha talking about Drew Brees not Dan Fouts

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Ha talking about Drew Brees not Dan Fouts

He pulls that one too.

At least the Brees thing is true.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Huh, I hadn't even thought about him this year. Looking at his stats there's a reason for that.

What happened, did he have lingering injuries before the ACL?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
He's pure speed and the legendary Stanford power run can only do so much.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

He's pure speed and the legendary Stanford power run can only do so much.

I'm not opining on him as a prospect really, just noting at the same level he ran for 8.1 ypc and 2100+ he came back and ran for <750 yards and 4.5 per carry.

Linked article in that tweet mentions Stanford's OL was injured and really bad, which I guess would do it. Sounds like he really wanted to get his degree, so...good for him.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Never go back for your senior year

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Amy Pole Her posted:

Being a poo poo person doesn’t remove your professional accomplishments

Honestly i don't know if Ben thinks of himself as a professional rapist. He just does it for the love of the game.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am #HomoforRomo so I put him after Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Brady and in the Luck - Matt Ryan - Philip Rivers - Romo section and a head of Ben and whatever else.

Romo was good, supposedly he was great at calling audibles and succeeding or getting it right in spite of coaching staff.

Also, have a mock Round 1. I hate CBS Sports for forcing the video to play.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...dwayne-haskins/

This one predicts one of my thoughts of a WR at 17 for the Browns. I still can't comprehend the Browns are 17th pick. That's, like, middle. It is wild times.

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2019/

This one predicts a DT at 17 for the Browns. Which is also what I think could happen.

Both kind of make sense to me.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 12, 2019

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Romo legitimately saved games, having to work his rear end off to get out from under horrendous coaching and play calling. I would honestly love to see him as a QB coach and eventually an OC.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My team’s biggest need is players with awesome names. Which names are most worth a first round pick?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Honestly i don't know if Ben thinks of himself as a professional rapist. He just does it for the love of the game.

:discourse:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

iwentdoodie posted:

Romo legitimately saved games, having to work his rear end off to get out from under horrendous coaching and play calling. I would honestly love to see him as a QB coach and eventually an OC.

Yep stuff like this is why I hate Romo. He's never at fault for anything and he succeeded in the face of sheer adversity, nevermind he had a HoF TE that he dumped it off to all the time, good running games for the majority of his career, and the same coach that dragged him down is currently taking another team without him to a divisional game.

Actually scratch that, I like Romo. He was a great QB and an even better announcer. It's his fans I can't stand.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Doltos posted:

Yep stuff like this is why I hate Romo. He's never at fault for anything and he succeeded in the face of sheer adversity, nevermind he had a HoF TE that he dumped it off to all the time, good running games for the majority of his career, and the same coach that dragged him down is currently taking another team without him to a divisional game.

Actually scratch that, I like Romo. He was a great QB and an even better announcer. It's his fans I can't stand.

I remember having legitimate talks with Cowboys fans in Ohio that would love a Colt McCoy trade straight up.

Fams are terrible GM's and ROMO owns.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
the cowboys defense was more or less terrible the entire time Romo was there. That's why Eli has two rings and Romo has none.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Raku posted:

the cowboys defense was more or less terrible the entire time Romo was there. That's why Eli has two rings and Romo has none.

I will give Romo that he had to deal with some terrible defenses. Ware is one of the best edge rushers in NFL history (which says a lot) and even he couldn't turn that poo poo around. Main reason the Giants beat them in the divisional in 2007 was because of that poo poo rear end defense.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mega64 posted:

My team’s biggest need is players with awesome names. Which names are most worth a first round pick?

Rock Ya-Sin DB Temple
Oshane Ximines DE Old Dominion
Jalen Jelks DE Oregon
Yondy Cajuste OT West Virginia
Ross Pierschabacher S Alabama
Darnell Savage S Maryland
Hjalte Froholdt G Arkansas

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Doltos posted:

Witten is a “HOF” tight end. he’s getting in but not cause he was actually great.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doltos posted:

I just always thought he was good when every other Eagles fan I know thought he was a choke artist and bad.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the dumpoff king's ypa was higher than eli manning for every season that they both played except one. tony romo saved the dallas cowboys in every game they won, and it was the defense's fault in every game they lost.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
It's unfair to call Romo a dumpoff guy at all, his oline was usually worse than his defense

He ran around like a loving magician to complete simple passes

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Cavauro posted:

the dumpoff king's ypa was higher than eli manning for every season that they both played except one. tony romo saved the dallas cowboys in every game they won, and it was the defense's fault in every game they lost.

Eli dumped it off all the time too.

Raku posted:

It's unfair to call Romo a dumpoff guy at all, his oline was usually worse than his defense

He ran around like a loving magician to complete simple passes

Thats disingenuous. He had a bunch of good o-lines during his career and finished with 248 sacks to Eli's current 406. If we take away Eli's first two years and last two years to equal it up then he still finishes with 287 sacks to Romo's 248.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Romo is hall of very good QB. Probably could have been on a superbowl winning team but he wasnt a force of nature that could make a team a superbowl winner.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wrong

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Proven wrong by his many rings and stirling playoff record obvs.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Tony Romo has declared for the 2019 draft

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
the tier beneath hall of fame should be hall of note instead of hall of very good

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

indigi posted:

the tier beneath hall of fame should be hall of note instead of hall of very good

This is an idea of note.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Welcome to the Hall of Fam

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Welcome to the Hall of Fam

ok this HAS to be what Phillip Rivers calls the family room in his mansion(s)

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Docjowles posted:

ok this HAS to be what Phillip Rivers calls the family room in his mansion(s)

It's actually what he calls his wife's vagina

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

It's actually what he calls his wife's vagina

:drat:

:holymoley:

:vince:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Doltos posted:

Romo would have won today's game and taken the Cowboys to the Superbowl.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gatts posted:

Romo would have won today's game and taken the Cowboys to the Superbowl.

Romo knows how to keep contain?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

BlindSite posted:

Romo knows how to keep contain?

Romo would know how to put up 50. Romo knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Supposedly this draft is top heavy with pass rushers. Pass rushers are dope so we should talk about that. I'll start.

My team, the Baltimore Ravens, could use a good pass rusher. Sadly they aren't a total garbage fire so they're picking 22nd this year. Bosa, Allen, and Ferrell are all certainly gone by then so who are the QB sack guys that'll still be around worth that pick?