Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
Hello thread. I had a Ben Shapiro sighting in the wild. He was behind us in line for the animated Spider-Man movie last night. I wanted to go tell him he was a dildo afterwards but my girlfriend told me to leave people alone so I didn't. I also regret to inform you he is in fact not knee high to an apple. My roommate and I argued over it because I was certain it wasn't him because he wasn't a little person, but he was indeed wearing a Harvard sweatshirt to a children's movie. This is my Ben Shapiro story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

The Democrats are, in fact, in Washington right now, correct?

Also heartening to see those poll numbers despite the media both sidesing this as hard as they loving can

Every day they have some rear end in a top hat that goes on about "Well MODERATES ARE GOING FOR TRUMP MORE AND MORE" without any of them connecting the dots of "Wow, they're just giving Trump 5 trillion because he's taking the government hostage like a toddler". None of them ever air that thought, but CNN, ABC and NBC will fart out another hard R that'll whine about dems won't make concessions.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Every day they have some rear end in a top hat that goes on about "Well MODERATES ARE GOING FOR TRUMP MORE AND MORE" without any of them connecting the dots of "Wow, they're just giving Trump 5 trillion because he's taking the government hostage like a toddler". None of them ever air that thought, but CNN, ABC and NBC will fart out another hard R that'll whine about dems won't make concessions.

Yeah, the House should not negotiate with terrorists.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

bartlebee posted:

Hello thread. I had a Ben Shapiro sighting in the wild. He was behind us in line for the animated Spider-Man movie last night. I wanted to go tell him he was a dildo afterwards but my girlfriend told me to leave people alone so I didn't. I also regret to inform you he is in fact not knee high to an apple. My roommate and I argued over it because I was certain it wasn't him because he wasn't a little person, but he was indeed wearing a Harvard sweatshirt to a children's movie. This is my Ben Shapiro story.

A coworker asked if i knew who shapiro was, i said yes but didnt get into it with him. He said if Ben runs for president hes gonna vote for him. I work with terrible people.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

you could've loudly started talking about steve king at least.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
So why is the Russia thread gone now?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

it was poisoned

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

bartlebee posted:

I hope he really hated the movie the entire time. One of Ben’s idiotic takes is that African American culture is responsible for the wealth gap (and pay gap and incarceration gap etc. etc.) and it has nothing to do with systemic racism of Americans. Given that, I could expect he would hate that the protagonist both listened to hip hop unapologetically and succeeded at being Spider-Man. I wonder if he’ll go on an unhinged rant about how this movie is a moral failing on Marvel’s part.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

double nine posted:

it was poisoned

All hail our replacement for Radium, Polonium.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

bartlebee posted:

Your girlfriend needs to get her priorities straight. He doesn't deserve a moment's peace.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

cr0y posted:

What the gently caress this keeps popping up in the news, wtf is this about? No im not reading the article because it makes me feel ill.
Age laws in Virginia make it illegal for a 17 year old to sleep with a 15yr old.

17 yr old male sexts his 15 year old girlfriend. Police detain him and take pictures of his junk, then ask him to masturbate so they can get a picture of hin at full mast. When he refuses they threaten to take him to a hospital and shoot him full of bonerpills.

Judges decide 3 years later, 2-1, that no you loving idiot cop you can't compel a minor to jerk it what the gently caress is wrong with you.

Anyway, can we hope that foot fetish weirdo gets Milo'd thanks to that creepy comment?

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

JonathonSpectre posted:

I'm one of the 23% of Democrats who blame Democrats for the shutdown.

In related news, all 23% of us eat wallpaper paste out of a loving jar with our hands and have to be reminded to breathe every 30 seconds or so because we are mind-numbingly loving dumb and most of us will be eaten by ambush predators soon.

It's probably people like my wife's step-grandfather. He's a crop adjuster in the Texas panhandle. He's 90-something, grew up in the dust bowl and became a Democrat following the New Deal. He is a proud racist and, although my wife loves him, I will privately celebrate when he dies.

Oh yeah, when I first met him, he threatened to shoot me if I ever hurt his granddaughter.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

eke out posted:

this got posted a ton when he was getting ratioed about AOC, i don't think it's particularly relevant out of nowhere at the moment

Yeah I just noticed the date in the tweet

Forgive me for old news.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Eeyo posted:

I remember the idea that Trump had a “floor” of support which can never be broken being brought up in this thread before and advocated by a few. Of course it’s ridiculous to say “this thread” said that as if it’s a collective with only one take on every issue, we usually get a few different opinions. I really dislike absolute statements like the original post, they’re very unhelpful. It’s also a bit early to tell whether or not things have changed.

Because until that one poll it really seemed like there was a floor of about 33% approval for the rotted tangerine, mainly driven by a super chuddy core of Republicans, that solidified around the President like a non-newtonian fluid. Over the years the poligoons reacted with shock, then frustration and finally acceptance until the result of any poll showing his approval refusing to drop below 1/3 because of Trump's core no matter how bad it got.

Of course no one expected him to just shut down the government, or be allowed to do that. Turns out that all this time...he was just hurting the wrong people. :smug:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

My friend is one of the 23%. He says the Democrats "Are the only adults in the room so they should just give him the stupid money cause it's basically zero dollars and won't get built anyway"

Can you guys please look at the chart again, it's 6% of Dems, 23% of Independents

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 13, 2019

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Mineaiki posted:

I just did want to point out that police unions aren't real unions and shouldn't exist.

There's no reason to point it out in this case, though.

Basically, don't poo poo on unions when they're functioning properly and fighting for reasonable things. As long as unions are getting crushed in this country, it makes more sense to attack police unions on the specific damage that they cause. Coincidentally, this is a much better way to draw attention to the actual issues with police since it doesn't obscure them under a facade of "unions bad."

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/SarahHuckabee/status/792569783321436160

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

What does this mean?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

bartlebee posted:

drat your girlfriend sucks. We both yelled at that #persistence kid when visiting my family in VB and got him to flip us off. Time to sever maybe

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I love how this thread went on and on form months about trump being an unbeatable god who could never lose because his powerful base would never abandon him no matter what. Then kinda just, meh, he turned out not to actually be special at all.

Is there any way we can get the OOCC from a decade ago back, the one who just posted lovely futurism poo poo?

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Gatts posted:

What does this mean?
Check the date, it's from when the FBI decided to say "but her emails!!!!" one last time.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gatts posted:

What does this mean?

Check the date

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm pretty sure that red hair is a common trait among African and Arabic people. It's especially super-common among mixed-race people and, in the Middle East, you can tell who is probably a Berber because a high percentage of them are redheaded. Also, Jews had the stereotype of being red headed, although it was just a significant minority, but enough that the stereotype persists in Eastern Europe.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Gatts posted:

What does this mean?

They're guilty of everything they accuse their opponents of doing.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

twistedmentat posted:

23% of prison inmates are undocumented immigrants could be true, but why are they in prison? US prisons don't just hold people who've committed actual crimes. They're probably in there because they jaywalked or got caught smelling vaguely of pot.
It's true in a "80% of automobile accidents happen within 30 miles of your home" way. I'm not a lawyer or US attorney so this is fully from my rear end, but I believe that convictions for "In the US illegally" are super easy convictions because immigration status is a very easy thing to prove or disprove. US Attorneys only go to convict when they have an airtight case, and immigration cases are easy to prosecute. The other 77% are more difficult cases of wire fraud and tax evasion and drug trafficking which involve lots of collection of evidence and testimony and expensive trials. Immigration trials are cheap and quick. "Are you in the US? Do you have a valid visa? Guilty"

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Paradoxish posted:

There's no reason to point it out in this case, though.

Basically, don't poo poo on unions when they're functioning properly and fighting for reasonable things. As long as unions are getting crushed in this country, it makes more sense to attack police unions on the specific damage that they cause. Coincidentally, this is a much better way to draw attention to the actual issues with police since it doesn't obscure them under a facade of "unions bad."

Yes, you are right. I see your point.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

catching up on new posts, but i think this happen in real life recently in some Euro gov. and then someone made a SR dlc joke.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theflyingorc posted:

Can you guys please look at the chart again, it's 6% of Dems, 23% of Independents

Has anyone in their real life met a self-avowed "Independent" that ever votes Dem? The only time in my neck of the woods that someone claims they are one is when the heat of the Republicans' evil gets to be too much and they want to vote R but pretend they really gave the Dems a chance

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Okay. Thanks for this racist post by some random Twitter weirdo I guess.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

Has anyone in their real life met a self-avowed "Independent" that ever votes Dem? The only time in my neck of the woods that someone claims they are one is when the heat of the Republicans' evil gets to be too much and they want to vote R but pretend they really gave the Dems a chance

There was a time when I thought I was one of these. Now I wouldn't necessarily call myself a "Democrat" because I don't believe in everything they work for, but also I think "independent" is super loaded garbage.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

It’s my father. Navy veteran, anti Reagan but pro military spending. Makes for a weird combination of votes that pollsters go “what the gently caress, no” and ignore.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
People who call themselves independents are just vein cowards more concerned with being perceived as unique free thinkers than taking the risks that come with having actual convictions.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Timeless Appeal posted:

People who call themselves independents are just vein cowards more concerned with being perceived as unique free thinkers than taking the risks that come with having actual convictions.

That’s patently false. Not everyone views political affiliation with the same lens that you do.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

They came out of that meeting pale & severely shook, if memory serves

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Timeless Appeal posted:

A good number of the Republican voting independents are either Lolbs or tea party types. But you'll also see a lot of 'out there' groups like the green party, or pre-DSA most leftist groups who didn't want to be associated with the Democratic party for numerous reasons, both valid and not.

The 'Independent Thinker' got a lot of attention but was very rare. Far more Ken Bones.

But the 'independent' tag is a creation of the pollsters so they might even throw DSA types into that group because they don't say 'Democrat' or 'Republican'.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

twistedmentat posted:

23% of prison inmates are undocumented immigrants could be true, but why are they in prison? US prisons don't just hold people who've committed actual crimes. They're probably in there because they jaywalked or got caught smelling vaguely of pot.

Or mistaken identity.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
also isnt that red head bird post literally just pics from that instagram lady that posts burns on regressives?(also the first pic is just a Frozen cosplay)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

bartlebee posted:

Was he wearing a yarmulke? That’s usually the way you can tell it’s Ben Shapiro. Also bullshit Ben would go see a movie with black people in it, let alone a black protagonist. I find that even less believable then him not being tiny. Try again OP.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Young Freud posted:

I'm pretty sure that red hair is a common trait among African and Arabic people. It's especially super-common among mixed-race people and, in the Middle East, you can tell who is probably a Berber because a high percentage of them are redheaded. Also, Jews had the stereotype of being red headed, although it was just a significant minority, but enough that the stereotype persists in Eastern Europe.

I think they're referring to pale, red hair, blue eyes, and not just red hair. All the photos are pale, red headed, blue eyed women.

Full disclosure: I am a pale, red headed, blue eyed guy.

E: also, I still think the tweet is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

PainterofCrap posted:

They came out of that meeting pale & severely shook, if memory serves

What are the chances that the Mueller investigation reveals collusion and other such crimes and it all just fizzles out in the daily news cycle and gets forgotten about?