Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is it really any weirder than goku having kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Goku fucks

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

Yeah

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbh I think that's just because you're used to it

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Supersonic Shine posted:

The thought of Luffy reproducing feels wrong to me. I can only see him as a cool/weird uncle instead of a dad.

Luffy playing the Garp role for the protag.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Goku agreed to marriage as a child who didn't know what it was. Luffy explicitly said no

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
thinking yorki might have become kaido

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

wait what

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

That would be a terrible twist on multiple levels. Where on Earth are you getting this from?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

scary ghost dog posted:

Sorry probably the stupidest theory I have ever heard.

This

does not turn into this

Particularly with the massive list of other problems with the theory, that I don't feel like going over.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I also had to look up who Yorki was, so that alone makes it a bad twist.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Supersonic Shine posted:

The thought of Luffy reproducing feels wrong to me. I can only see him as a cool/weird uncle instead of a dad.

Same. This also kind of applies to the crew in general. The idea of them having kids just feels so...off.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

doomrider7 posted:

Same. This also kind of applies to the crew in general. The idea of them having kids just feels so...off.

Except Brook. It'd be amazing if it turned out Brook fathered some cool pirate who is now in their 50's and didn't realize it.

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 13, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tir McDohl posted:

Except Brook. It'd be amazing if it turned out Brook fathered some cool pirate who is now in their 50's and didn't realize it.

Brook should have a kid now and it should be a baby skeleton

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Andrast posted:

Brook should have a kid now and it should be a baby skeleton
So you're saying he should go bone somebody?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

Sorry probably the stupidest theory I have ever heard.

nothing will ever surpass the whitebeard arc in stupid theories

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Blackbeard's fetus is twice as big as his body and was the original owner of the big hat.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

doomrider7 posted:

We still need to see Elbaf. Like actually have an arc there. And there are still so many things that we need to see like Lucci and the CP9 guys come back and I mean REALLY come back. Ditto for Crocodile and whatever he and Daz are up to now.

These are all bad ideas.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I'd like CP9 to come back because luffy one-shotting lucci would own

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Luffy gives Lucci the fake beard and tells him that he is Lucy now.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
It just occurred to me that Lucci's surname is loving Rob

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZiegeDame posted:

It just occurred to me that Lucci's surname is loving Rob

I think he is one of the few characters with first name first. Like Hody, Ceaser, and the Funk Brothers.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

I'd like CP9 to come back because luffy one-shotting lucci would own

They are back though? We’ve seen them post-timeskip and everything as part of CP0, and if they’re hanging out in the new world they’re probably not scrubs.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Surprised that CP9 got let back into the fold. Maybe after the whole clusterfuck the WG realised that the Straw Hats aren't just another rookie pirate crew and losing to them wasn't a major sign of weakness.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
CP9 was also the strongest iteration of CP9 in history or something like that, and the last time they sent a buncha marines to capture the ex-CP9 dudes the marines got completely wrecked.

Also if I recall CP9 wasn't tossed away because they lost to the Straw Hats, but because Spandam and his dad were trying to cover up for Spandam's incompetence by placing all the blame for the Enies Lobby mishap on them.

Not like there's much the government could do save sending Admiral or Warlord-tier dudes after them. Vice Admiral-tier dudes don't cut it unless you're sending someone like Garp, who wouldn't be inclined to agree to that stuff. CP9 is supposed to be a super secret organization cause they're sanctioned to kill civilians, and only exist in rumors, so putting out an actual bounty or some poo poo would just risk the truth spreading.

Given that the ex-CP9 members do have their own sense of Justice, the best thing to do was probably bring them back in. I assume Spandam's failings somehow came to light during the timeskip, either through additional mishaps on his part or because Lucci and gang made good on their promise to return.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
One of the great things about the Enies Lobby arc was how seeing how each of the CP9 members had their own unique fighting style derived on specializing on one or two specific techniques among the Rokushiki and combining them with their own unique abilities (Fruit-based or otherwise).

Like Jabara with his moving Tekkai, or Kaku with his giraffe Rankyaku, or Kumadori using his hair to use his techniques.

poo poo was dope.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

They are back though? We’ve seen them post-timeskip and everything as part of CP0, and if they’re hanging out in the new world they’re probably not scrubs.

Hell, I'm pretty sure we recently saw Lucci at the Reverie.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

They gave Lucci a big cameo in Film Gold too, so theyre intentionally keeping him fresh in our minds even if its not canon

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Jose posted:

Rocks seems more likely to be saved for some sort of film if he's an active character not used in flashbacks

Rocks seems to be related to Bakkin and Weavil, so I think it will be main story.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I don't think they'd shuffle anything that has been mentioned so prominently off to a movie.

IIRC even Shiki was only mentioned in the vaguest of terms in the main series in reference to "only one person has ever broken out of impel down and that was decades ago". Most of the rest of his build up was in the special one-shot chapter.

In this instance you have Garp directly introducing the name right in the middle of a big exposition mini-arc where they are giving us more world building details.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He can be in a flashback and also a film though

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I liked the idea that Shakki was an important captain in the new world at one pt

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I just realized that Sabo is riding that other Revolutionary’s crows at the end of Dressrosa

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So, uh, I found this at a random flea market in China:

What the gently caress? :stare:

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Tanuki.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Rumble Balls.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I think those are meant to be his buttcheeks, not his balls.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:bignews:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution