Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Formula E driver not realising how people regard his formula - https://www.autosport.com/fe/news/141012/bird-verstappen-public-service-a-disservice-to-fe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Lmao I love how he paints it as a punishment when If you take a step back it’s obvious that they just wanted Max in the stewards room to observe but everyone took it as a punishment instead to attend an FE race and clearly just projecting their own deeply held acceptance that FE is garbage lol owned

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

formula e is a dumb binman spec series

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Rhopunzel posted:

Say what you want about Formula E but at least they have participation from a range of legitimate auto manufacturers (BMW, Audi, Nissan, Jaguar) whereas Formula "One" has only one legitimate auto maker. (Mercedes)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rhopunzel posted:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Say what you want about Formula E but at least they have participation from a range of legitimate auto manufacturers (BMW, Audi, Nissan, Jaguar) whereas Formula "One" has only one legitimate auto maker. (Mercedes)

NASCAR has auto makers in it and that doesn't make it interesting to watch

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Rhopunzel posted:

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
So is SF and INDYCAR but those are at least entertaining.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Formula E should've been a heat race format series. That way they wouldn't have to be lugging around 1500 pounds of batteries and could actually be putting out some respectable power for each of the far shorter races. There'd be time to swap or recharge batteries between heats.

In their effort to be the "F1 of electric cars" (:lol:) they have just put today's ev tech on the worst possible display. The VW id.r setting a new overall record at Pike's Peak was cool as hell. Formula E is the worst kind of tryhard lameness in motorsports since quite some time.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

marshalljim posted:

Formula E should've been a heat race format series. That way they wouldn't have to be lugging around 1500 pounds of batteries and could actually be putting out some respectable power for each of the far shorter races. There'd be time to swap or recharge batteries between heats.

In their effort to be the "F1 of electric cars" (:lol:) they have just put today's ev tech on the worst possible display. The VW id.r setting a new overall record at Pike's Peak was cool as hell. Formula E is the worst kind of tryhard lameness in motorsports since quite some time.

Lmp1 kinda sucks now too.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Max punishment was attend a marshal operation not watch a loving formula e race.

Ferrari are the strongest brand in the world, op.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ferrari are the strongest brand in the world, op.

Being branded as a Ferrari fan is a pretty strong punishnent i agree with you there

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thats not what i said.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Nevertheless

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

lol

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I didn't even click the link I just read the url and hell, I'm lolling

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lol at the Pat Fry doubters

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So they've developed a good car and then filled it with noted binmen Sainz and Norris.

Still an own goal by Hack Clown

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Noted "binman" Carlos Sainz Jr scored more points in 2017 than McLaren. Huge upgrade.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

NtotheTC posted:

So they've developed a good car and then filled it with noted binmen Sainz and Norris.

Still an own goal by Hack Clown

I think you'll find the car is going to be dogshit garbage that will be solidly beaten by a 9001 year old Finn in a sauber.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2017: The engine loving sucks
2018: The aero loving sucks
2019: ??

And no im not talking about Ferrari. Im talking about Mclrn

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 14, 2019

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

2017: The engine loving sucks
2018: The aereo loving sucks
2019: DoctorGonzo loving sucks

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Hi The engine, The aereo and DoctorGonzo

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ilmucche posted:

Lmp1 kinda sucks now too.

i'm getting ready for that new GT1 hypercar category thats coming up :fap:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
You guys are insanely mean to Doctor Gonzo

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Did the engine ever really suck though? I mean obviously it's not a Mercedes but can the engine really explain all the catastrophic failures the team had? Probably not. Probably the engine was ok and MCLRN+ couldn't build a transmission that matched the bolt pattern on the engine.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Did the engine ever really suck though? I mean obviously it's not a Mercedes but can the engine really explain all the catastrophic failures the team had? Probably not. Probably the engine was ok and MCLRN+ couldn't build a transmission that matched the bolt pattern on the engine.

I mean we'll find out for sure this season because the loving CUNTS FRIOM MILTON KEYNES now have it

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The chavs from Milton know how to put a car together I’ll give them that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Toyota has some loser scrub blabbing on about the supra

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Makes sense, both are relics of a bygone era that are still around even though nobody really knows why or wants them.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
UTC Silverstone has Ferrari sports car devision apprenticeships now if any of you know anyone with kids in year 8/9/11 in that area. Open day is on the 22nd January.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It was both. The engine sucked and so did McLaren's implementation of it. Thanks for your efforts Tim Goss, please join Whitmarsh at the bottom of the MTC pond.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Italian media is reporting that Mick Schumacher will be Ferrari test driver for 2019.

The age of the pilots is dropping considerably and i wish a team would put Tati Calderón in a car

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Italian media is reporting that Mick Schumacher will be Ferrari test driver for 2019.

The age of the pilots is dropping considerably and i wish a team would put Tati Calderón in a car

Didnt they literally just give that position to wherlein? Sp

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
development =/= test driver i guess?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

development =/= test driver i guess?

I mean both of those positions consist of sitting around in the garage on raceday looking bored and sometimes speaking to some twat from sky

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I read the article on the Gazzzetta page (who sourced Motorsport) and they said that Mick is close to signing an academy contract and that he'll likely appear in some session that happens after Bahrain and Barcelona testing that's reserved for young drivers. So basically nothing; it was a foregone conclusion that if Mick could even drive in a straight line he'd be an academy pilot.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It was both. The engine sucked and so did McLaren's implementation of it. Thanks for your efforts Tim Goss, please join Whitmarsh at the bottom of the MTC pond.

Whitmarsh was a good lad who would have delivered Woking a WDC in 2012 if it were not for their employment of the worst driver in F1 history, Lewis Hamilton.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

track day bro! posted:

You guys are insanely mean to Doctor Gonzo

I like doctorgonzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Whitmarsh probably could've been a fine McLaren CEO had he not been working for Ron Dennis.