Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

EBB posted:

It still impresses that some women hate their own gender that much.

When you are completely absorbed into a world of old white dudes dunking on their lessers, you create an identity that is seperate from your "lesser" origin in order to navigate and advance that world.

Just like that ship crash. You see pissbottles in the CIC you either start pissing in bottles to fit in or you avoid as much contact as possible. They both lead to crashed ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

:allbuttons:

Edit: one time I took a ship into port without a pilot with only one radar that sometime worked, in a snow storm, with sea ice two feet thick and a foot of ice on the foredeck to #2 hatch.

Another time, while I was reporting to the captain that a deckhand had punched a hole in the deck by dropping a tool, the HF antenna fell off because it was rusted through.

So trust me when I use that smiley, I use it with a certain amount of nautical expertise. Jesus fuuuuuck.

FrozenVent fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jan 14, 2019

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Trump attacking Warren and Warren continually being defenseless has proven that the decorum wing of the party has learned absolutely nothing since 2016.

thats not the decorum part of the party thats just warren. She's a really nice college professor but isn't a political knife fighter.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

I'd actually add Warren to the list of not-poo poo candidates so far, up there with Brown and Sanders. I'm not impressed by her tepid pushback at Trump so far, but she has some pretty solid ideas on how to unfuck America's version of capitalism that she actually made real world progress on (CFPB, voting against dodd-frank roll back, as lovely as Dodd Frank is), and that ain't nothin. I don't think she goes far enough, but that's true of pretty much everyone.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I think part of it is that Trump is basically an IRL internet troll which none of the olds running for president have any experience dealing with. Anyone who isn't 400 years old and is halfway intelligent isn't going to fall for that poo poo.

In a way Trump's addiction to posting makes him more culturally similar to people our age (like AOC) and we deal with that kind of poo poo every day.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 14, 2019

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I mean, it'd be nice if Warren could easily dunk on Trump, but wasn't that a big complaint people had about Clinton last go around? She spend most of the debate dunking on him and saying how terrible of a person he was instead of talking about her policy proposals and letting Trump run his stupid mouth and look dumb on his own.

Now Warrens doing that and suddenly it's "yEaH tHeSe DeCoRuM pOlS aRe sO bAd!"

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Handsome Ralph posted:

I mean, it'd be nice if Warren could easily dunk on Trump, but wasn't that a big complaint people had about Clinton last go around? She spend most of the debate dunking on him and saying how terrible of a person he was instead of talking about her policy proposals and letting Trump run his stupid mouth and look dumb on his own.

If she just ignored it then yeah who cares but when she goes and gets trolled into taking a DNA test that proves him right then it's a big fuckin' problem.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

my kinda ape posted:

If she just ignored it then yeah who cares but when she goes and gets trolled into taking a DNA test that proves him right then it's a big fuckin' problem.

Oh no doubt the DNA test was hellafucking dumb, but since then she's been pretty much sticking to policy proposals and not playing his game.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Ok I've studied a lot about opinion polling, methodology, and the general scientific nature of polling.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this poll result.

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1084892554469015552?s=19

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I got a hitler-pony for being one of the people in that thread that "wouldn't shut up about 'casual racism'".

You see, mentioning the "casual racism" that was rampant on the Goonfleet Mumble would cause long derails and shitstorms in the thread, and therefore people were not allowed to post that they thought there was no such thing as "casual racism" and that dumb edgelords on comms needed to be kicked the gently caress out.

Ahh yes EVE, the game that introduced me to ironic racism, 1488, the occasional autistic pedophile (Xenuria), guys who groom icelandic teens to do sex acts for them on cam (BFM), and people who should learn to be less handsy and stay the gently caress out the kink clubs (Mittani). Oh and Russians willing to cut the power to your house to win at videogames.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Viva Miriya posted:

Ahh yes EVE, the game that introduced me to ironic racism, 1488, the occasional autistic pedophile (Xenuria), guys who groom icelandic teens to do sex acts for them on cam (BFM), and people who should learn to be less handsy and stay the gently caress out the kink clubs (Mittani). Oh and Russians willing to cut the power to your house to win at videogames.

eve owns

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Viva Miriya posted:

Oh and Russians willing to cut the power to your house to win at videogames.

:what:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eve seems like one of those games that's better to read about than to actually play, especially the goonfleet stuff.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Now now, the Russians didn't actually do that, they merely offered too

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Slim Pickens posted:

Eve seems like one of those games that's better to read about than to actually play, especially the goonfleet stuff.

What are your thoughts on dragging and dropping things into containers and on border patrol duties?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Handsome Ralph posted:

Hillary did zero dunking.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bolow posted:

Now now, the Russians didn't actually do that, they merely offered too

I know! Which is why I said willing to, not did.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

M_Gargantua posted:

Hillary couldnt dunk on a dude if you knocked them to their knees, shoved a basketball hoop into their mouth, and handed her the ball.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Video games are fuckin dumb.

Signed, yours truly

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

M_Gargantua posted:

Bad phrasing/word choice on my part, but constant "Hey would you get a load of this guy?" throughout the debate.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Even this kid can outdunk Hilldog.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
pokemon GO to the polls

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Apparently someone in the administration thinks the shutdown is a great opportunity to gut the Federal Government.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Jesus these people are batshit insane.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/14/smoke-out-resistance/

Here's the whole thing.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie wants to add a religious exemption for insurance-covered birth control. It would take effect today. 13 states sued. A judge dunked on Donnie, blocking the whole thing in a nation-wide injunction, but the judge's Appeals Circuit told the judge to limit the dunking. Judge revised the injunction to just the 13 states that sued.

In a different lawsuit, a different judge dunked on Donnie again, with another new nation-wide injunction.

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1084926420407734272?s=19

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm worried because Donnie doesn't have much to lose now. He failed to get anything done during two years of unified government, Mueller is closing in, the FBI potentially found some damning stuff, and the House Dems are going to start issuing subpoenas. He has no incentive not to wreck everything. He's privately said he wants to leave the government shut down even if he manages to get funding through declaring a national emergency, just to punish the Dems. The only way we might get the government back open is a veto proof majority and McConnel and friends don't give a gently caress about how much damage they do because they'll turn around in a couple years, blame the Dems, and a sizable portion of the electorate will go along with them.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie wants to add a religious exemption for insurance-covered birth control. It would take effect today. 13 states sued. A judge dunked on Donnie, blocking the whole thing in a nation-wide injunction, but the judge's Appeals Circuit told the judge to limit the dunking. Judge revised the injunction to just the 13 states that sued.

In a different lawsuit, a different judge dunked on Donnie again, with another new nation-wide injunction.

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1084926420407734272?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFdBYDIzZ4Q

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I dunno about other people, but please don't link that trash place.

I mean ffs they "leaked" a fake nude of AOC.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm worried because Donnie doesn't have much to lose now. He failed to get anything done during two years of unified government, Mueller is closing in, the FBI potentially found some damning stuff, and the House Dems are going to start issuing subpoenas. He has no incentive not to wreck everything. He's privately said he wants to leave the government shut down even if he manages to get funding through declaring a national emergency, just to punish the Dems. The only way we might get the government back open is a veto proof majority and McConnel and friends don't give a gently caress about how much damage they do because they'll turn around in a couple years, blame the Dems, and a sizable portion of the electorate will go along with them.

I'm still expecting a blaze of glory where he issues insane executive orders through twitter like declaring Barron the heir to all his titles including the presidency, fires every FBI employee all at once, declares that there are no more federally recognized native american tribes, and confirms that the CIA killed Kennedy because he faked the moon landings.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Ok I've studied a lot about opinion polling, methodology, and the general scientific nature of polling.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this poll result.

https://twitter.com/ThePlumLineGS/status/1084892554469015552?s=19

I don't see it as that surprising. If you went into that speech against the wall, your favorite President (me) and his good brains didn't make any argument for flipping. Likewise, if you wanted a wall it was a prowall rambling.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Nick Soapdish posted:

I don't see it as that surprising. If you went into that speech against the wall, your favorite President (me) and his good brains didn't make any argument for flipping. Likewise, if you wanted a wall it was a prowall rambling.

It's surprising in that a poll got such a lopsided result. Even if you polled opinions on prostate cancer you might not see 89% thumbs-down.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I would've expected 20% at minimum, just from chuds lying to support their president's rhetorical skills and/or random people misunderstanding the question.

Meanwhile, brain geniuses at the White House have decided that inviting random non-Pelosi Democratic housemembers to negotiate would change things because????

https://twitter.com/heatherscope/status/1084947905277018117?s=19

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1084457626619072515?s=19

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Lmao

https://twitter.com/robertarampton/status/1084947012003471361?s=19

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I mean, I read the 89% as not changing their minds meaning that people who thought the wall was dumb didn't stop thinking that, and people who thought the wall was a great idea also didn't stop thinking that.

It doesn't what your thoughts are, it just asks if you changed your mind.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Per Sarah Sanders: “much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed – so the President is personally paying for the event to be catered with some of everyone’s favorite fast foods.”

lmao how the gently caress is 2019 even real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I think we found the beef.