Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

Does it have to be botw related or can I be amazing at things like avoiding expending any effort for as long as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you don't just have Enrique Bolson be amazing for you

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Quicksilver6 posted:

Does it have to be botw related or can I be amazing at things like avoiding expending any effort for as long as possible

These are not mutually exclusive, dude. Listen to your inner sloth and take aggressive inaction.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

this game would be better if link was a cute girl

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

Also the chick that wants to gently caress the orb

:orb:

The what? :confused:

Backhand posted:

At least until you bring her pictures of giant scary death robots, at which point she wants to gently caress those instead.

Oooooh, riiight....

What a weird game.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Bulgakov posted:

burp of the wilderness is goat material but if any of u nerdos overlooked link between worlds: don’t

it’s also a really really great game, and in the older style :)

Link Between Worlds is really fun and satisfying if a bit too easy midgame - I could afford to rent every single item immediately and was basically unstoppable through the dungeons

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

Link Between Worlds is really fun and satisfying if a bit too easy midgame - I could afford to rent every single item immediately and was basically unstoppable through the dungeons

Same, and never died so it was just like starting another Zelda game on NG+ or something, with every item

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Sounds like the Linkle mod is for you.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Boy have I got good news for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LCXFDrU0No

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

So it’s finally happening, after playing nothing but Zelda for almost a month, I’m starting to burn out.

I think I’m gonna do side stuff one more day and then head over to Ganon.

Knowing me I probably won’t pick up the game again for a few years, at least.

What’s your favorite quests that you think I shouldn’t miss out on?

Eventide, the Sword Trials, Tarrey Town, saving Nayru, having a good sneak around the castle - have you done that yet, or have you been saving it for the endgame?

Shield surfing, Satori Mt, the Horse Fairy.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Runcible Cat posted:

Eventide, the Sword Trials, Tarrey Town, saving Nayru, having a good sneak around the castle - have you done that yet, or have you been saving it for the endgame?

Shield surfing, Satori Mt, the Horse Fairy.

Eventide - not sure what this is

Sword of Trials - haven't found it yet but figured it was an endless dungeon type thing I could do anytime?

Tarrey Town - on this atm

Having a good sneak around the castle - have been saving the castle in general for the end game

Shield Surfing - found the lady that times your shield surfing down the mountain and beat her record, not sure if you mean something else?

Satori Mt. - this is the lord of the mountain, isn't it? I found him and rode him (had this spoiled beforehand) but otherwise haven't actually completed any quests related to him yet

The Horse Fairy - haven't found this

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

I'm pretty sure you're intended to make expeditions into the castle multiple times over the course of the game.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Squiggle posted:

I'm pretty sure you're intended to make expeditions into the castle multiple times over the course of the game.

Lol at doing anything like intended at this game. I only today found the Goron dude for Tarry Town and I had to look it up because I had apparently completely missed the Southern Mine by just climbing my way up the mountain so I just never actually passed by it.

I think I'm still missing a couple of stables I avoid paths so much.

I any case, I assumed for some reason the castle was off limits until the end game or something idk why

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

I any case, I assumed for some reason the castle was off limits until the end game or something idk why

It makes sense because going to the castle to fight Ganon of usually the last thing you do in any given Zelda. There's a lot of good loot to find there, however, so it's worth your while to explore even if it's intimidating with so many guardians around. The most important thing to find is the nearly unbreakable Hylian shield with the shrine at the port being a close second.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Has anybody here actually used this mod? How well does it run?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I'd say I'm at midgame. Two beasts done and just got the master sword and fire breaker armor. The castle has seemed off limits to me, how should I visit it? Just go in the front door or is there a more logical spot? I do have a quest to get a cookbook, which I found odd to get so early.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

It’s the big island in the southeast.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TraderStav posted:

I'd say I'm at midgame. Two beasts done and just got the master sword and fire breaker armor. The castle has seemed off limits to me, how should I visit it? Just go in the front door or is there a more logical spot? I do have a quest to get a cookbook, which I found odd to get so early.

Theres like five different ways to get in depending on how comfortable you are deal with Guardians. The safest way by far is to sail/cryonis/glide into the river entrance.

Also there are a few good things to keep an eye out for. A Memory, 2 diaries (one pretty hidden) as well as some great equipment and a shrine.

Just don't go up too far to the big chapel unless you want to fight Ganon

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Hungry posted:

Has anybody here actually used this mod? How well does it run?

I'm using it currently and there's absolutely zero performance impact, just less-than-second moments where textures load in when I switch armors for the first time after starting up CEMU

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

mastajake posted:

Sounds like the Linkle mod is for you.

sadly i cannot jailbreak my switch. i checked the switch modding subreddit and my serial number is firmly within the no go zone.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

sadly i cannot jailbreak my switch. i checked the switch modding subreddit and my serial number is firmly within the no go zone.

If you have a beefy enough computer, you could go the CEMU route.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

i have a laptop :smith:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I do to and CEMU doesn't run that bad, but I also have a high end laptop with a 1070 in it.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Just don't go up too far to the big chapel unless you want to fight Ganon

Haha whoops

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lmao tell us the tale

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

I did the same thing lol

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Sword of Trials - haven't found it yet but figured it was an endless dungeon type thing I could do anytime?

Tarrey Town - on this atm

Having a good sneak around the castle - have been saving the castle in general for the end game

Shield Surfing - found the lady that times your shield surfing down the mountain and beat her record, not sure if you mean something else?

Satori Mt. - this is the lord of the mountain, isn't it? I found him and rode him (had this spoiled beforehand) but otherwise haven't actually completed any quests related to him yet

The Horse Fairy - haven't found this

Eventide: big island in the southeast, like someone already said

The Trials are DLC, dunno if you have that. But there's 3 sets of them and you get a perma-powered-up Master Sword at the end. Which is nice.

Sneaking around the castle is thrilling at lower levels, and there's good loot in there. Highly recommended.

Shield surfing: yeah, that, and just in general. Sand seal racing is fun too, but gets boring quicker.

Satori Mt: that's it, just because he's cool

Horse fairy isn't much use, but is another cool thing

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

TraderStav posted:

There's a couple of quests, and someone in a stable near the castle tells you about different ways to sneak in. It's heavily hinted that it's worthwhile and survivable to nose around the castle even if you aren't ready to fight Ganon.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Thinking about it, I realize that I assumed the purple stuff swirling around the castle was a sort of forcefield that would keep me out until I had all 4 Divine Beasts.

This was just a wild assumption on my part based on how other games worked. BotW very clearly implied that there was no area off limits in the game so that was my bad.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Thinking about it, I realize that I assumed the purple stuff swirling around the castle was a sort of forcefield that would keep me out until I had all 4 Divine Beasts.

This was just a wild assumption on my part based on how other games worked. BotW very clearly implied that there was no area off limits in the game so that was my bad.

:same:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i mean, every other "open world" game gates off boss battles and boss content so it's a rare and cool surprise that you can charge straight into it

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I just found the orb romance woman for the first time after at least 100 hours of play. drat does this game have a ton of hidden stuff.

Also who put a GUARDIAN STALKER on the BEACH

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer
It makes sense that Guardians are scattered in seemingly nonsensical places. They were unleashed in a chaotic fashion so they just sped off in murderous rages across the land.

Like how the hell did some wind up atop the East Gerudo Mesa as well?

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I still can’t believe no one thought to put a self destruct thingie on them somewhere. Damned overconfident sheikah and their poor cyber security!

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Quicksilver6 posted:

I still can’t believe no one thought to put a self destruct thingie on them somewhere. Damned overconfident sheikah and their poor cyber security!

magical robots etc, but in the game the boldest living evidence of their amazing advanced history is clothing that sheds rain... :thunk:

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
So anyway is Twitter just a place for Zelda folks to show off now?

https://twitter.com/zb_yuhudaddy/status/1084738686875447297?s=09

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Daaaaaaaaaamn

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Holy poo poo!

Just to be clear: This person is animation canceling parry recovery by switching shields?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:tviv:

How is this game still blowing minds 2 years later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

I didn't know Daigo was a Zelda fan