Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

FlamingLiberal posted:

CBS announced that the rumored Michelle Yeoh spin-off project is now in development. I’m not sure how much interest i have if it’s only about the Empress character.

It was inevitable that some day a Section 31 only show would occur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

There's a hundred slightly different Kirks all constantly loving

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
How many Star Trek shows are in development now and how many of them are good ideas to make

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Picard show, the Lower Decks cartoon, and Section 31 show. The first two could be good, I have no hope for the third.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Spock Trek: The Search for the Wrath of the Undiscovered Spock Contact is my favorite Spock movie

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Mirror Georgiou was awful, so of course they’re going to base an entire show around her. I fully expect her appearances in Discovery season 2 to now function as a backdoor pilot.

Is this what people with Star Wars fatigue feel like? Just increasing frustration and bewilderment with every greenlit project?

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Apparently there's also a kid focused animated project in the vein of Star Wars Rebels, according to TrekCore.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Emerson Cod posted:

Apparently there's also a kid focused animated project in the vein of Star Wars Rebels, according to TrekCore.

Mini Maquis Adventures

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Mirror Georgiou was awful, so of course they’re going to base an entire show around her. I fully expect her appearances in Discovery season 2 to now function as a backdoor pilot.

Is this what people with Star Wars fatigue feel like? Just increasing frustration and bewilderment with every greenlit project?

We're all tired of captialism

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Lil' Tommy Paris

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Emerson Cod posted:

Rebels was actually really good, so I can only hope a new TAS has half as much heart

golden bells
Oct 17, 2013

Emerson Cod posted:

???¿??????? Star Trek has historically appealed to children already??????? TOS was huge with teen girls!!

Oh wait we're in the era of hyper segregated markets and it'll prob be a CN cartoon that'll disappoint investors because it has the gall to attract girl viewers and not sell enough boy toys

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I love how CBS is trying to milk Trek for everything it can like Disney did with Star Wars.

I guess Jar Jar Abrams primed the pump for me not giving a poo poo about a new thing labeled Star Trek. I have zero care about anything new coming up.

It reminds me of like people who blindly buy new albums for musicans they like but just because they super like their old stuff but are fully aware new stuff is different or may suck. Fan's don't have to like something just because it has the brand name on it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

golden bells posted:

???¿??????? Star Trek has historically appealed to children already??????? TOS was huge with teen girls!!

Oh wait we're in the era of hyper segregated markets and it'll prob be a CN cartoon that'll disappoint investors because it has the gall to attract girl viewers and not sell enough boy toys

It better be CalArts style for MAXIMUM RAGE

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Brawnfire posted:

Mini Maquis Adventures
In the last episode it’s just 30 minutes of children getting gunned down by Jem’Hadar

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

jeeves posted:

I love how CBS is trying to milk Trek for everything it can like Disney did with Star Wars.

I guess Jar Jar Abrams primed the pump for me not giving a poo poo about a new thing labeled Star Trek. I have zero care about anything new coming up.

It reminds me of like people who blindly buy new albums for musicans they like but just because they super like their old stuff but are fully aware new stuff is different or may suck. Fan's don't have to like something just because it has the brand name on it.

I feel like that's different though because with music artists maybe you can just be a fan of those people, identify with their artistic sensibility, and just are invested in where they are going with their craft. Maybe the new album will suck but you want to tune in because you're invested in the musician's career.

With Star Trek, its now just a brand with basically zero connection to the lineage of creatives that made us fall in love with it.

Drink-Mix Man fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 14, 2019

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It's more like a band where all but one of the original members have left, and the one remaining member was never involved in the songwriting or anything.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

corn in the bible posted:

Lil' Tommy Paris

Star Trek Babies, a Jim Henson Workshop production.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/NanaVisitor/status/1084920631328534533?s=19

Visitor texting Ferrell about their ships

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Their real phones now would be smaller than the PADD props were in the 90s

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Star Trek Babies, a Jim Henson Workshop production.

They already did that one in TNG

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Emerson Cod posted:

Apparently there's also a kid focused animated project

Baby targ doo doo do doo do doo
Baby targ!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I could believe a kids-oriented animated show about Starfleet Academy. Follow a group of bright-eyed youngsters of suitably diverse ethnicities as they join Starfleet Academy in the hopes of becoming the best and brightest, and have adventures of the week with occasional guest appearances by show veterans who just need to lend their voices.

Evek
Apr 26, 2002

"It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either."

Grand Fromage posted:

Picard show, the Lower Decks cartoon, and Section 31 show. The first two could be good, I have no hope for the third.

Don't forget about the Khan prequel.

I seriously don't get the point of a Star Trek kids show. I grew up watching first run TNG and reruns of TOS and was easy enough to follow along.

Evek fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 14, 2019

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Evek posted:

Don't forget about the Khan prequel.

I seriously don't get the point of a Star Trek kids show. I grew up watching first run TNG and reruns of TOS and was easy enough to follow along.

Present-day Star Trek product has gore and boobs, so you can’t sell it to children above board. You must fabricate other Star Trek product for that.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

jeeves posted:

Abrams managed to kill both Stars Trek and Wars for me - though the entire corporate ethos of "pump out as much branded product as fast as you can" behind them also contributed. I haven't seen Beyond or Discovery, or Last Jedi or Solo, and really don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. (The me of 10-15 years ago would be utterly shocked to hear that, but things change.)

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

It's more like a band where all but one of the original members have left, and the one remaining member was never involved in the songwriting or anything.

Star Trek! At the Disco

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Can't wait until we get the inevitable crossover between Star Trek Kids and Star Wars Rebels.

I wanna see Wesley Crusher strangle an Ewok.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
It's obviously going to be called Star Trek Rascals.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I just hope they take advantage of the animated format to go crazy with their aliens. Bring on the weird poo poo that's always been hanging around but there's rarely the budget to have appear on-screen for long.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

CPColin posted:

Animated kid versions of the TNG crew, each episode they have a convoluted plan to turn themselves back into adults and it fails

They also keep turning villains into kids accidentally. Tiny Tomalak. Wee Gul Macet. Baby Bok.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

I wanna see Wesley Crusher strangle an Ewok.

... that sounds like a euphemism for jacking off in space.

"Wesley, get out of the bathroom!"
"Moooooom, I'm busy! Gosh!"
"Oh, stop stranglin' your ewok and let me in there! I have to take a sonic shower before I go on duty!"

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Brawnfire posted:

Tiny Tomalak. Wee Gul Macet. Baby Bok.

Trelane.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CPColin posted:

Somewhere in Ireland, a cold chill runs down Colm Meaney's spine.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Star Trek Kids: Cascade failures every week.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Duckula posted:

Star Trek Kids: Cascade failures every week.

lal lol

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Cythereal posted:

I just hope they take advantage of the animated format to go crazy with their aliens. Bring on the weird poo poo that's always been hanging around but there's rarely the budget to have appear on-screen for long.
Farscape remains my favourite scifi series, because they actually ran with the 'Space? It'll be full of wierd poo poo' aspect so well. Plus the 'Everyone will treat you like poo poo and you'll get PTSD' consequence.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I just don't think there are all that many weirdo aliens because of those progenitor aliens that put their juices everywhere

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
firin' the disco (writers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

simplefish posted:

They already did that one in TNG

No, my idea is characters from all Treks as babies at the same daycare. Kirk, Picard, Shran, Ezri, Reed, whoever.

And they're Muppets.