Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Facebook Aunt posted:

Just saw an ad for ali that included this mysterious picture. Can you guess what it is?

(dog paw washer)

3 inch long nubbed tube from china, i have my thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Too open to be a fleshlight, it couldn't provide enough suction.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sharpest Crayon posted:

It comes with a bottle of "pimple pus" OH GOD WHY :barf:

You don't want to have to supply your own pimple pus, do you?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Facebook Aunt posted:

You don't want to have to supply your own pimple pus, do you?

I once saw an ejaculating dildo on a sex toy website and half the reviews were people talking about how to make realistic cum. So there’s got to be an online community somewhere that’ll teach you to make fake pus.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Hirayuki posted:

I use something similar (combined with acetone) to remove nail polish. It works great!
Why do you put nail polish on your dog?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Why do you put nail polish on your dog?

Makes it easier to tell them apart. They like it better than the paintball marker.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

goatface posted:

Too open to be a fleshlight, it couldn't provide enough suction.

speak for yourself :smug:

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Why get locked into a corporate system, when you could have an ANYCAST

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/256...6a-567bc24506aa

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I saw those pimple popping things in a nearby shop. And thought they were gross.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Uh, those are a bit bigger than pimples...

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
weird, is anyone else not getting results when they search for fidget cubes?

edit: i get something using the term "stress cube". it arrived recently and it's really well made for what it is. i picked A2 because it looks the least like a baby toy:

link: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ckmFSYVa

nishi koichi fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jan 14, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats no cube

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

i'm starting to wonder if the fidget cube guy got aliexpress to take their listings down

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cYbENt8c

There's definitely a lot less though, it might be that the term "Fidget Cube" has been trademarked.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
I'm filing my first dispute! I ordered an RTL8812AU Wifi dongle, but they sent an RTL8812BU.

The seller doesn't seem to want to understand that this could be an issue for someone. I'm sure he does though, since the RTL8812AU sells for about $10 more.

I proposed a $10 refund, which he countered with $0. Has anyone had AliExpress step in on something like this?

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Jan 14, 2019

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

edit: i get something using the term "stress cube". it arrived recently and it's really well made for what it is. i picked A2 because it looks the least like a baby toy:

link: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ckmFSYVa

Fidget-bong?

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

yoloer420 posted:

I'm filing my first dispute! I ordered an RTL8812AU Wifi dongle, but they sent an RTL8812BU.

The seller doesn't seem to want to understand that this could be an issue for someone. I'm sure he does though, since the RTL8812AU sells for about $10 more.

I proposed a $10 refund, which he countered with $0. Has anyone had AliExpress step in on something like this?

AliExpress did respond quickly after quite a lot of back-and-forth with a seller about the completely incorrect model of Fitbit case I received. After a couple weeks, I believe, of impasse between me and the seller (who had similarly refused my proposed refund amount), I opened a dispute, and after providing even more photos proving my case (no pun intended), Ali approved and processed a full refund. This was after I'd received positive feedback, too, so the seller couldn't ding me for calling them on their fuckup.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I lost a dispute where the seller was claiming actual glass lenses on some rayban knockoffs, even after posting a photo and animated gif of me bending the lenses, proving that they're plastic. The listing was very explicit about them being glass, not plastic. So, :shrug:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

bar88537 posted:

Why get locked into a corporate system, when you could have an ANYCAST

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/256...6a-567bc24506aa

BEST chipset, BEST wifi card, good packing

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

BEST chipset, BEST wifi card, good packing

Aliexpress needs to add the "good packing" note to all their sex toys.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The TS100 soldering iron is the cheapest I've seen here, and shipping from US or EU:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc...sAbTest=ae803_5

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Uhuh, "toothpick".

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tit...2943011284.html

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh man, shiving someone with something coated in human mouth bacteria? That's just evil.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

yoloer420 posted:

Bump it up to aliexpress, bait-and-switches like this are aggravatingly common when you're in the market for something specific.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Also if AliExpress side with the seller it's a clear-cut case for your credit card company to charge it back.

Not sure what AliExpress do to you once you've done a charge back on them, I know PayPal close your account and ban you for breaching their ToS

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Aaww poo poo, I'm holding 'yall directly responsible for this.

The regular repetition of "Hey hun, look at this wacky thing on the Aliexpress thread today!" finally wormed its way deep enough into my fiancee's cerebellum that she's decided to explore the wonderful and terrifying world of Aliexpress herself. It's been two days, I just peeked over her shoulder, and her wishlist seems to be growing at an exponential rate.

Should be a fun Chinese Christmas next month.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i love china christmas

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah everyone might want to get their orders in before chinese new year at the start of feb.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

yoloer420 posted:

Obviously you just need to up your negotiation skills, although his counteroffer seems pretty fair.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

yoloer420 posted:

Just curious, what is the difference you need between the AU and BU? I ask more becsue I occasionally order from Ali and I am just wondering what kind of bait and switch they might try so I will know what to look out for.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I saw this and I need to share the pain.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...2870780749.html

See that kid in the blue shirt? That's what I think, too.
It comes with a bottle of "pimple pus" OH GOD WHY :barf:

Oh god, I saw this on Shark Tank...I want to say it was this season? They claimed to have invented it, so...that didn't take very long.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I like that this cup is so committed to its sentiment that they don't even allow you to pick the exact design they send:

Also, I'm a cup and I must scream:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Moon Atari posted:

Also, I'm a cup and I must scream:

I think you're supposed to put cookies in the mouth so they warm up from being near your hot beverage. I can see the cookies sliding out onto the floor every time I pick up the mug, and me swearing every time they do.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Maybe you could put a tea light in there and have perpetually hot coffee

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Fidget-bong?

That's one way to calm down the autists

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Hirayuki posted:

I think you're supposed to put cookies in the mouth so they warm up from being near your hot beverage. I can see the cookies sliding out onto the floor every time I pick up the mug, and me swearing every time they do.

obviously it's for filling with these

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

DrHammond posted:

Aaww poo poo, I'm holding 'yall directly responsible for this.

The regular repetition of "Hey hun, look at this wacky thing on the Aliexpress thread today!" finally wormed its way deep enough into my fiancee's cerebellum that she's decided to explore the wonderful and terrifying world of Aliexpress herself. It's been two days, I just peeked over her shoulder, and her wishlist seems to be growing at an exponential rate.

Should be a fun Chinese Christmas next month.

Congrats on getting medical penis granny vagina models for Christmas! But I hope Dr. Fiance is aware about not buying certain products like make up or toxic jelly dildos, right? Or purses made of genuine dog leather.... I'd hate for her to get injured or sick :obdear:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

That's one way to calm down the autists

suck my fidget dick, ya idiot bitch :)

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Crotch Fruit posted:

Just curious, what is the difference you need between the AU and BU? I ask more becsue I occasionally order from Ali and I am just wondering what kind of bait and switch they might try so I will know what to look out for.

The major difference is the features supported. The AU supports monitor mode, packet injection, and station mode. The BU only supports monitor mode and packet injection. There would be no difference for normal use, but if you work in computer security the difference is huge.

The combination of features in the AU allows you to perform what's known as an 'Evil Twin' attack and combine that with an credential relay attack.

In simple terms, the AU can pretend to be the access point a victim wants to connect to, steal their credentials, then use those to log into the real access point.

The RTL8812AU is one of the only devices that can do this on 5Ghz WiFi. So the only people specifically searching for this model, really want this exact model.

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

r u ready to WALK posted:

Maybe you could put a tea light in there and have perpetually hot coffee

Or a whole mug of melted butter for lobster!