Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Oh I have no idea I just want it.
I don’t exactly know how primals work anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Primals are just ancients that get a guaranteed maximum roll on everything, even their legendary affix.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Reminds me of a friend of mine who always, always, ALWAYS had to be the hardest hitter and have the most optimized build in the game, no matter what we were playing. He even does it now, with Destiny 2--and he hasn't played that in a while, so I'm a couple hundred light levels ahead of him, and I can feel the pain in his voice whenever he sees the guns and armor and accessories I've earned.

He did it in Diablo III though, too--which was hilarious to me. I tried to explain that spending money at the vendors was a waste of time and he ignored me.

I'm still laughing to myself at the players beefing hard at Blizzard devs over spending 'a few million' to craft a nauseating number of Wirt's Legs before learning the event was bugged, and demanding compensation. The best part is that they still toe the line that the reason that spending a few million on anything in the game "hurts" them is because they have jobs and lives.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

Primals are just ancients that get a guaranteed maximum roll on everything, even their legendary affix.

That’s what I thought. The thorns build guide I read called for pig sticker for the beast/human bonus and base attack speed.
It’s a hilarious build. I barely died in a 95 but could do no damage.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I remember running through a GR with a Barb who was swinging Hammer of the Ancients hilariously fast, like straight out of the original Mario Bros arcade game. That's possible with an IK build right? I want to go to there.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Sounds like a perfectly cookie cutter HotA build to me.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

5er posted:

I'm still laughing to myself at the players beefing hard at Blizzard devs over spending 'a few million' to craft a nauseating number of Wirt's Legs before learning the event was bugged, and demanding compensation. The best part is that they still toe the line that the reason that spending a few million on anything in the game "hurts" them is because they have jobs and lives.

I have a job and a life, and yet I can easily rack up millions of gold in Seasonal, so I'm sure I could do it in Non-Seasonal, too.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Kheldarn posted:

I have a job and a life, and yet I can easily rack up millions of gold in Seasonal, so I'm sure I could do it in Non-Seasonal, too.

I politely suggested the same thing, and was rewarded with four downvotes. Whiner baby assed gamers don't want to hear anything that doesn't support their internal narrative biases.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Mr Scumbag posted:

Fellow team Gatto and Team Kassandra member here, you got good taste, bud.

LARRY?!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

exquisite tea posted:

Friends like these are the natural extension of that kid on the playground who, when you were playing superheroes and deciding what your powers were going to be, said he had the powers of all the other superheroes combined and was faster and stronger and also had no weaknesses. I hated that kid back then, and I still hate them today.

Yeah, seriously.

It's a sad double edged sword that the people who are most insecure and do that sort of poo poo are the ones that need friends the most, but their behavior is so lovely that it pushes people away.

As an adult I've found I no longer have patience for people like that and don't really make new friends with them. As for old friends, I dunno... I got lucky and they either weeded themselves out or we naturally drifted apart. It's actually really great having friends that are mostly all chill and cool and helpful and rarely needy and codependent.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Gold trinity + flawless royal emerald in your helm on t13 doing a vault or cow level will net you literally hundreds of millions of gold. Doing something like Ruins of Corvus or that new temple tileset will take longer but net about the same. And none of these will really take longer than 10 minutes to do.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Dameius posted:

Gold trinity + flawless royal emerald in your helm on t13 doing a vault or cow level will net you literally hundreds of millions of gold. Doing something like Ruins of Corvus or that new temple tileset will take longer but net about the same. And none of these will really take longer than 10 minutes to do.

You don't even really need to actively do something like this. I've never purposely gone out and farmed just gold and at a certain point in the season gold is literally no object.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ice Fist posted:

You don't even really need to actively do something like this. I've never purposely gone out and farmed just gold and at a certain point in the season gold is literally no object.

Within four days of the start of any season, I'm typically in the hundreds of millions without even making it a goal.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I don't disagree, but just pointing out how spending literally <10 minutes with the barest minimum effort towards the idea of "I need more gold," will get you more money by orders of magnitude of what was spent crafting for the event. Without trying, and always empowering every rift I do, I end up north of 20b gold.

I mean, no one here really needs it spelled out but it just boggles my mind that this is the hill they choose to die on.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
What is even the thing they were trying to exploit?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Wanted the cow pet I guess.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

It's about the Darkening of Tristam's cow pet. It's bugged, and some people spent a million or three repeating a task you're only supposed to need to do once before they learned it was a bug.
Their mature adult response to this was to turn all 'I need to speak to your manager' on the Blizzard forums and demand compensation for the piss-droplet meager amount of gold they lost.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

5er posted:

Gonna need a link to this.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

5er posted:

Whiner baby assed gamers don't want to hear anything that doesn't support their internal narrative biases.

Entitlement. The word you're looking for is "Entitlement".

Especially on Reddit.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Suburban Dad posted:

Gonna need a link to this.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770687430?page=12#post-223

More or less, 'sorry I have a LIFE lol', followed by, 'abloobloo, my pissing and moaning is 100% valid because I'm a NEW PLAYER'.

Mr Scumbag posted:

Entitlement. The word you're looking for is "Entitlement".

Especially on Reddit.

You're not wrong but I avoid using words these days that have become cliche'd buzz to the extent that they have lost impact, become diluted. See also, 'toxic', 'privilege'.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

5er posted:

You're not wrong but I avoid using words these days that have become cliche'd buzz to the extent that they have lost impact, become diluted. See also, 'toxic', 'privilege'.

Some words, sure, but I find that the more you use "entitlement" among gamers, the more their hysterical rebuttals prove that the word is 100% apt. There is literally no hill they are not willing to die on. Half the hobby has become searching for them.

Thanks for the link, by the way. I love Blizz forum meltdowns.

PS: There's no doubt that so many of these people have responded to other users' issues with "Git gud" before, which makes complaining about being out a few mil that much more hilarious.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/101787-s16-sol-hammerdin
Does this seem like a decent build for a SoL Hammerdin in S16 ?

Didn't really like the other builds on diablofans as they all seem to have 1 or 2 items/skills off from what I think makes most sense.
If it's decent and someone knows the proper stat priorities (mostly AS/CDR/CHC/CHD I think ?) I would like to add them.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
the new meta has emerged lol
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/101827-follow-the-leader-barbarian-s16

quote:

Concept
This build is focused primarily on maximizing the potential of Arcstone by utilizing a class set AND the Asheara's set. Since followers can't be customized on this page, below you will find the optimal design for followers.

This build is designed for an ENTIRE PARTY to equip (not recommended for Solo Play) and is NOT limited to just Barbarian. Monks can utilize Asheara's with Inna's, Wizard with Tal'Rasha's, Witch Doctor with Zunimassa's, and Demon Hunter with Natalya's. If an entire party wearing their class set, Asheara's, Unity, and Arcstone, and all followers equipped with their "can't die" relic, Unity, and Arcstone, and all followers are summoned with Asheara's, players will benefit from 93.75% damage reduction and the screen will be littered with 240 Arcstone lightning pulses, occurring every 1 to 3 seconds (based on attack speed), ranging from 1000% to 1500% weapon damage with each pulse. Asheara's does have an internal cooldown, but with consistent combat, you can maintain a 100% uptime.
I feel bad this guy put so much effort into this dumb gimmick which will either not work at all or lag the game spectacularly

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Can’t use followers in a party so no work. Edit oh I see what he did.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
This unironically might be the new para meta: https://www.d3planner.com/501464423 + dh + zbarb + zmonk.

Anything is better than rat runs. :shrug:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Reminder not to do the challenge rift this week until the season opens

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Swilo posted:

the new meta has emerged lol
https://www.diablofans.com/builds/101827-follow-the-leader-barbarian-s16

I feel bad this guy put so much effort into this dumb gimmick which will either not work at all or lag the game spectacularly

This sounds fun as hell, just not sure the damage will really be there?

Edit: talked to my usual D3 group, they're all :effort: and don't want to try this sillyness. Checking the numbers, it might work for something like T13? His builds seem to leave room for improvement too. If anyone's up for trying this 2-3 weeks into the season I'd be up for it.

Tahirovic fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jan 14, 2019

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

mewse posted:

Reminder not to do the challenge rift this week until the season opens

Can't you do the rift and just wait until Friday to cash it in?

mewse
May 2, 2006

bamhand posted:

Can't you do the rift and just wait until Friday to cash it in?

Nope that won't work. You need to create your seasonal character then choose CR

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
As far as I know, no one has tested not having the character already made at the time of the run completion, and it is such a low effort thing to just not do it until the season, why would you?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Dameius posted:

As far as I know, no one has tested not having the character already made at the time of the run completion, and it is such a low effort thing to just not do it until the season, why would you?

I actually did test this exact thing once and it doesn't work, the mail will only be retrievable on non-seasonal.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Well there you go. Just don't run the challenge rift until you make your seasonal character.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

NA CR guide someone made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h-Wrsys9kc

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rhykker's final S16 Tier List

Due to Set Buffs, the gaps between Tiers have changed. Anything with a Star icon is new to the Tier List, and the arrows show how many Tiers a set has risen/fallen.

If you're interested, here's the comparison between S15 and S16.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Should I wait till I hit max level to do the challenge rift cache? I can't remember how much the loot is scaled for levels.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Strange how LoN Strafe doesn't even rate yet N6 is super high up there. I don't think there's anything you really get from Nat's that you couldn't get from the equivalent LoN minus the rings, and you have much more flexibility.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

You want it immediately so you can gamble for things to cube.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Overdrift posted:

Should I wait till I hit max level to do the challenge rift cache? I can't remember how much the loot is scaled for levels.

The only reason I can think to wait is if you want to get Custerian Wristguards to turn the gold into XP. Unless you are like SUPER serious about getting to 70 as quickly as possible I don't think it's worth the effort (I think it's like ~10 levels). I'd just open it at level one, get blood shards, and gamble. Bluddshed has some good "starter" videos for each class (what to gamble and generic leveling guides) that are like ~7 minutes.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I really like Bluddshed, he's streaming right now. Looking forward to him taking on the new season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Holy poo poo, Jade is top tier? Nice, I love that poo poo, as finicky as it is.

Maybe I'll play a doc this season.