Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
there were a new couple at the gym tonight and they were staring slack jacked at some dude doing barbell good mornings like he was growing a second head or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

MikeCrotch posted:

I usually lift at like 9pm or later to try and avoid this yeah

Same. Most years that means I don't have to deal with the resolutioners, but apparently this year is different. Sigh....

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

MikeCrotch posted:

there were a new couple at the gym tonight and they were staring slack jacked at some dude doing barbell good mornings like he was growing a second head or something

b.... b... b.... but your not s'pos'd to lift with yr back?!?!?!

Atillo
Jan 9, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

I put a 45lb plate on a HS machine and as I was walking back to it with the other plate, I watched someone take off the plate *that I just put on* while I was standing right there.

I probably said "The gently caress?" louder than I planned because I had headphones in, but it got him to turn back around and put it back on the machine.

I went to get additional plates for my deadlift and as I came back some guy was standing over my bar to get a perfect view of his curls in the mirror (that runs the entire length of the wall).

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Scientific Principles of Strength Training is one hundred and eighty loving dollars? I guess maybe since it's written by Professor Doctor Mike Israetel, Ph. D it is ostensibly being pitched as a textbook?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

feelix posted:

Scientific Principles of Strength Training is one hundred and eighty loving dollars? I guess maybe since it's written by Professor Doctor Mike Israetel, Ph. D it is ostensibly being pitched as a textbook?
That's from 2015 so the information is already outdated!! Human kind's shared muscle mind adapts as fast as diseases and needs constant new technology to be effectively subjugated.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jan 12, 2019

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I did snatch balances today and worked my way up to 50kg x2. drat those uh really force you straight down. Any horizontal bar movement there with a load pretty much makes you want to fall over.

It wasn't my first time snatch balancing but it was definitely my first going above like 40kg.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Khorne posted:

That's from 2015 so the information is already outdated!! Human kind's shared muscle mind adapts as fast as diseases and needs constant new technology to be effectively subjugated.

Gotta confuse that muscle bro

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

feelix posted:

The ebook is like $30 on RP or JTS and the paperback is $50 and just like the RP templates and books everything is already out there in video or article form.

Hell CWS just put out a powerlifting programing book and he's making videos that go over everything in it already.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Gotta confuse that muscle bro

To max out muscle confusion, I only workout on random days and stick to no discernable schedule.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Guyver posted:

The ebook is like $30 on RP or JTS and the paperback is $50 and just like the RP templates and books everything is already out there in video or article form.

Hell CWS just put out a powerlifting programing book and he's making videos that go over everything in it already.
Thank for pointing that out, why the gently caress is it 180 on Amazon

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I like to confuse my muscles by doing longer cardio sessions on my off days and them going: "wtf dude, do you want slow twitch or fast twitch muscles? Gtfo with this nonsense!"
Really keeps them on their toes.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

feelix posted:

Thank for pointing that out, why the gently caress is it 180 on Amazon

algorithms

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

algorithms
Yeah, it's not $180 from amazon it's $180 from -bearbooks- who's computer sees it's "out of print" on amazon with a high user rating and a msrp of $50 so must be worth a fortune. Camel say's it's never been available from amazon so I'd guess JTS probably doesn't sell enough paperbacks to do the required print run to sell on amazon.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I work out at a small independently owned gym that mostly has older folks and personal trainers that have client's do circuits. I sometimes feel like a hog because I pick a spot and do supersets of 3-4 different types of exercises normally involving a barbell and plates. I almost always do a light 45lb in each hand farmers walk around the gym as the end of each superset just because I enjoy it and it keeps my heart going. So often someone comes up and messes with my pile of poo poo while I am farmers walking. the gym is not big. I know you can see me walking with those plates. I AM NOT IN THE SQUAT RACK I AM OUTSIDE OF THE RACK YOU CAN USE IT STOP TOUCHING JUST COME TALK TO ME. PacNW gonna PacNW tho

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Hit a 300 lb bench. :toot: My reward is I get to cut for the next 12-16 weeks. :suicide:

Schwa
Jan 16, 2001

I got this title from someone stronger than me.
Failed my 440 lb squat PR attempt last night. Everything felt heavy that night, I psyched myself out when I unracked it, etc. I'm pretty sure I can get it though, hit 415 for 3 last week. I'll try again in a few days and if not, deload.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Wtf is Açaí? I‘ve been buying some bowl made of açaí sorbet and fruit and it’s delicious, but I’m definitely going up in weight

VorpalFish
Mar 22, 2007
reasonably awesometm

2x2 deadlift @ 95% went up, but my legs were loving shaking on the second set.

Supposed to max everything next week, but I'm thinking I'll make conservative attempts...

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Wtf is Açaí? I‘ve been buying some bowl made of açaí sorbet and fruit and it’s delicious, but I’m definitely going up in weight

it's a kind of berry

fun fact, it's a staple food in parts of South America but now its massively overpriced for the people who usually eat it because it became popular in the west lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
theres literally a loving chain that sells basically nothing but acai bowls now

i despise it.

http://www.everbowl.com/

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Acai bowls also aren't good for you. The serving sizes in restaurants is like eating 4 candy bars.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

Acai bowls also aren't good for you. The serving sizes in restaurants is like eating 4 candy bars.

Well, poo poo

Once again, “too tasty to be good”

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Chinatown posted:

theres literally a loving chain that sells basically nothing but acai bowls now

i despise it.

http://www.everbowl.com/

24oz of this

ACAI, Strawberries, Dates, Bananas, Frozen Peanut Butter Cubes.
TOP: Granola, Bananas, Peanut Butter, Cacao Nibs.

I wouldn't let my kid eat that.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mu Zeta posted:

24oz of this

ACAI, Strawberries, Dates, Bananas, Frozen Peanut Butter Cubes.
TOP: Granola, Bananas, Peanut Butter, Cacao Nibs.

I wouldn't let my kid eat that.

Geez if you're gonna carbo load with that poo poo might as well go with something more delicious like lasagna and not bowl of sugar.

Hit a couple wave single sets topping out at 60kg each for snatch. My pulls were solid enough to catch the bar at pretty much up right. Keep that going on Friday and I'll easily hit 70kg. Doing one final total Friday to set my opener for my first competition on the 26th. I may have took a week of vacation next week too...

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I like the deload week that Wendler recommends in his book.
Just work up to 100% training max weight, do 1 set/rep and then maybe some light accessory and go home.
You don't feel like you've done nothing since you lift more weight than you usually do, but since it's no volume at all it's not taxing on your body.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
I've found the same thing. I always lose that certain "touch" after using a lot lighter weights during deload, but decreasing volume instead allows me to keep it while not being too taxing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
No one dares take my station when I am in the gym, because I am the king of this gym. The emperor, the dark lord

So they will just have to deal with my 40 minute deadlift sessions as I hog one of the few barbells in the gym

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/fizfashizzle/status/1085217027583823872?s=21

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I mean to be fair at least the loving place is empty.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I thought that was some Alexis Brothers poo poo at first and was like whhooooooaaa

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Question; is it wrong to watch and giggle at someone trying to put on knee sleeves?

Because holy poo poo is it funny to watch.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

if you're laughing at them and you don't know them then yeah you're a dick

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'll keep that in mind as I'm pulling on my knee sleeves tonight.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Dear Swolegoons,

I’m trying to find a song on YouTube I heard ages ago, it’s an old country song that is about working out, I remember the course was just “I Worrrrkouuut” and he says something about working out for an hour or two.
I want to say it was 80’s or possibly 90’s and had a video that featured people working out in it.
The just of the song was that working out helped him get through the day.

Any ideas?

Jihad Me At Hello
Apr 23, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gaz2k21 posted:

Dear Swolegoons,

I’m trying to find a song on YouTube I heard ages ago, it’s an old country song that is about working out, I remember the course was just “I Worrrrkouuut” and he says something about working out for an hour or two.
I want to say it was 80’s or possibly 90’s and had a video that featured people working out in it.
The just of the song was that working out helped him get through the day.

Any ideas?

https://youtu.be/Rhl5K0mTSKY

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

This is a deep loving cut, dude.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

this is amazing

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This absolutely needs to be the thread theme song.

It’s pretty amazing and there are some deep truths in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Just going to keep quoting this, it's perfect.