Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

If they wanted me to explore the world instead of using a list then they should have put some kind of indicator that a spell was learnable, an indicator that a monster had one, or hints in the spellbook. Not gonna hunt down every single mob, and then kill them 10 times apiece to be sure I didn't just fail to learn its attack the first 9 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Gruckles posted:

If they wanted me to explore the world instead of using a list then they should have put some kind of indicator that a spell was learnable, an indicator that a monster had one, or hints in the spellbook. Not gonna hunt down every single mob, and then kill them 10 times apiece to be sure I didn't just fail to learn its attack the first 9 times.

:agreed: A mob indicator would be nice. I could see them adding it in a future update; they're pretty good about the QoL tweaks.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

It's alright. Lots of griefing going on, though.

Made it to Level 38 before work. 23/49 spells so far.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I enjoy watching BLUs repeatedly Self-destruct next to their home point. :thumbsup:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
https://twitter.com/KSShaezer/status/1085288286875086848

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
do i need to finish up thru 4.5 msq for blm?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

BLU only require you to be level 50 and finish Praetorium.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Pretty sure it's just level 50 and done the Ultima Weapon.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

do i need to finish up thru 4.5 msq for blm?

just need to get thm to 30

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gruckles posted:

The spellbook contains explicit hints though.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

ImpAtom posted:

Boy, what a useful hint.

They probably should have at least done like the hunting log and had a little more information than "search the whole field, idiot." I'm having fun with it either way though.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

ImpAtom posted:

Did I miss them? All I saw was locations. Which is nice but North Thanalan isn't exactly narrowing things down.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Failboattootoot posted:

Did I miss them? All I saw was locations.

I think that was the joke...

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Note Block posted:

What’s the glam pieces? This is fly as gently caress.

Head is Replica Dreadwyrm, trousers are Eikon Leather, Chest is Adamantite Pauldrouncoat and arms and legs are the 58 Adamantite stuff. Also the earrings are Behemoth earrings.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Oh, and for those that are 1,000 Needles grinding with a BLU, a reminder that Mighty Guard doesn't reduce 1,000 Needles damage. I see so many people wandering around without it up doing that, and it's like....take the free defense.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Masked Carnivale is fun. Already see people running around with the weapon for beating the 25th fight. I got to phase 2 once but it took so long since I don't have all the spells that I'll prob hold off.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I have the same problem with the sightseeing log, in ARR they had a paragraph of prose that guided you to the vista and finding them on your own was kind of fun, and then they gave up and every log entry is "this one is in ruby sea". Its thankless work I guess but it would have been cooler if the spellbook had a couple of sentences for each spell implying what you need to do

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mulva posted:

Oh, and for those that are 1,000 Needles grinding with a BLU, a reminder that Mighty Guard doesn't reduce 1,000 Needles damage. I see so many people wandering around without it up doing that, and it's like....take the free defense.

You don't have to be hit by an ability to learn it, either. :eng101:

homeless snail posted:

I have the same problem with the sightseeing log, in ARR they had a paragraph of prose that guided you to the vista and finding them on your own was kind of fun, and then they gave up and every log entry is "this one is in ruby sea". Its thankless work I guess but it would have been cooler if the spellbook had a couple of sentences for each spell implying what you need to do

Oh yeah, I miss those sightseeing hints! I'm a little disappointed they never went and wrote out anything for the newer ones. I've randomly stumbled across several vistas over the years but haven't bothered to actually use a guide to grind out the leftovers from HW and SB.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Blue Mage... is good

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

At the very least, BLU has fun abilities to make use of.

Now, if only I knew what the best gear to wear for it was so I can hate myself for trying to collect the Caster gear from Bahamut.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

At the very least, BLU has fun abilities to make use of.

Now, if only I knew what the best gear to wear for it was so I can hate myself for trying to collect the Caster gear from Bahamut.

Apparently their AF1 is i130.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I had stuff to do today but they all got replaced by Blue Mage. It's kind of silly and fun. I was worried it'd be a bit muted when I saw some examples of its actions last week, but it's just ridiculous instead.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

DizzyBum posted:

You don't have to be hit by an ability to learn it, either. :eng101:

They mean that the damage YOU do with 1k Needles is not reduced by Mighty Guard. 1k Needles is flat damage, so Mighty Guard's damage reduction does not apply. :eng101:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I look like a pissed off color guard member.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Just hit level 40 as a BLM. Any gear quests I can do or anything? Getting pretty tired of looking like a clown.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Just hit level 40 as a BLM. Any gear quests I can do or anything? Getting pretty tired of looking like a clown.

Not till 50.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

You can always glamour.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
You loving monsters, talking poo poo on your own chocobo. Dress up your bird all pretty and take them with you at all times or I’ll see you in hell.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Leraika posted:

Apparently their AF1 is i130.

Neat. Maybe it'll be better than all of the Dreadwyrm stuff and I can just use Ironworks instead.

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along

Leraika posted:

You can always glamour.

Not unless I have the cool stuff though.

I have no cool stuff.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Brainamp posted:

I look like a pissed off color guard member.

This one time..at band camp.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Seeing alot of doomsaying that people using the class swap thing for xp are going to get the hammer but with so many people doing it that's probably not going to happen yeah?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
people didn't get banned for engage spam

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

How would you even prove it?

Best BLU gear.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Dryzen posted:

blu ftw eureka ftw fight me haters!!!!

Hell fuckin yeah, bro!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I can't believe this loving rear end in a top hat in Thanalan still hasn't taught me Loom. I've killed this rear end in a top hat an order of magnitude more times than any other mob and nothing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
So, people are finding other, better ways to learn BLU spells than what the spellbook tells you. For example, you can learn Plainscracker from the basalt golems in Nym instead of needing Copperbell Hard.

Has anybody found any other shortcuts?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
you can fight the arr relic chimera instead of the one in cutters cry

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

So, people are finding other, better ways to learn BLU spells than what the spellbook tells you. For example, you can learn Plainscracker from the basalt golems in Nym instead of needing Copperbell Hard.

You can also learn Planescracker and several other spells from the Carnivale itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rand Brittain posted:

Plainscracker can be learned from the level 30ish Clay Golems in North Shroud.