Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

yoloer420 posted:

The major difference is the features supported. The AU supports monitor mode, packet injection, and station mode. The BU only supports monitor mode and packet injection. There would be no difference for normal use, but if you work in computer security the difference is huge.

The combination of features in the AU allows you to perform what's known as an 'Evil Twin' attack and combine that with an credential relay attack.

In simple terms, the AU can pretend to be the access point a victim wants to connect to, steal their credentials, then use those to log into the real access point.

The RTL8812AU is one of the only devices that can do this on 5Ghz WiFi. So the only people specifically searching for this model, really want this exact model.
For some odd reason I thought this was the electronics thread when I made that reply. Thanks for the explanation. I think I fit under the category of "most people" in that I wouldn't care I received the BU instead of the AU, but I could definitely see that feature being a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
If I ordered an AU and got a BU I'd care the BU wasn't what I ordered.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Bummey posted:

If I ordered an AU and got a BU I'd care the BU wasn't what I ordered.
Yeah, you can file an official dispute with the reason "Not as described" or whatever the wording is and you absolutely have a case. yoloer420, circle the "BU" on your photo of the board before you send it in and you should be good to go.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I have this cup! The handle broke off but I keep kitchen sponges stuffed in its mouth.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hirayuki posted:

Yeah, you can file an official dispute with the reason "Not as described" or whatever the wording is and you absolutely have a case. yoloer420, circle the "BU" on your photo of the board before you send it in and you should be good to go.

you absolutely need to circle all the problem areas. Expecting the person reviewing your case to actually do a side by side image comparison is not realistic

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Is the shutdown impacting customs?

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

yoloer420 posted:

I'm filing my first dispute! I ordered an RTL8812AU Wifi dongle, but they sent an RTL8812BU.

I proposed a $10 refund, which he countered with $0. Has anyone had AliExpress step in on something like this?

I had to file a dispute after a week of going back and forth with the seller on that unusable clothes hanger hook. They wanted to refund me through paypal (lol nope), told me to order another one and they'd adjust the price but that they can't make it zero so like an idiot I put the order for two in and asked them to adjust the price to the price of a single hook, they ... ignored me for two days, then sent a message saying that I've got an incomplete order and to please pay it, and I told them to take the price of one hook off and I would, and they adjusted the price to be double the normal price. Then they sent me another message to pay the order and I told them they'd adjusted it wrong and how much it should be (the price of a single hook). They replied with "if you do not want the order, please cancel and we will refund you" and I was just loving done, there was nothing to refund on that order as I had not paid it yet.
Keeping the once-a-day backward and forward messagin going meant that buyer protection ran out, but I raised a dispute with ali, put the pics of the faulty hook in the dispute and wrote that they kept me engaged until buyer protection ran out. I got my refund, no problem!

They had the gall to send a very offended message that I would raise a dispute after they offered to refund and that they would work to solve any issue "friendly, not under bad effect from dispute. next time maybe we can solve the problem first before open dispute,please give positive feedback for us."

HAHAHAHAHAHA NO.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

weird, is anyone else not getting results when they search for fidget cubes?

edit: i get something using the term "stress cube". it arrived recently and it's really well made for what it is. i picked A2 because it looks the least like a baby toy:

link: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ckmFSYVa

Definitely looks like something you'd hand your friend when they come over to play smashbros.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I just bought some nice metal Kingdom Hearts keyblades with a chain to make them into a necklave or keychain for a friend of mine. I hope he likes them, he is a big fan.

I also got a handsome newsboy cap for my cold bald pate.

It was a good day to shop on my toilet break at work.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

value-brand cereal posted:

Congrats on getting medical penis granny vagina models for Christmas! But I hope Dr. Fiance is aware about not buying certain products like make up or toxic jelly dildos, right? Or purses made of genuine dog leather.... I'd hate for her to get injured or sick :obdear:

I sat her down and we had the talk.

Nothing that plugs into a wall, and nothing that goes into or on you.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

yoloer420 posted:

I'm filing my first dispute! I ordered an RTL8812AU Wifi dongle, but they sent an RTL8812BU.

The seller doesn't seem to want to understand that this could be an issue for someone. I'm sure he does though, since the RTL8812AU sells for about $10 more.

I proposed a $10 refund, which he countered with $0. Has anyone had AliExpress step in on something like this?

Yeah I did the same thing for a star trek ship (i wanted a warbird not a bird of prey dammit)

I opened an Ali dispute when he proposed nothing and claimed back the whole amount. Which was way more than what I'd been asking him for. Scrub

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Miss posted:

Yeah I did the same thing for a star trek ship (i wanted a warbird not a bird of prey dammit)

I opened an Ali dispute when he proposed nothing and claimed back the whole amount. Which was way more than what I'd been asking him for. Scrub

I find it funny as hell how apparently sellers often counter a refund offer with $0? Why in the world would they think anyone would accept that? I’d think that even those who wouldn’t fight it would be insulted by that “proposal” and dispute out of spite.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

yoloer420 posted:

The seller doesn't seem to want to understand that this could be an issue for someone. I'm sure he does though, since the RTL8812AU sells for about $10 more.

Set his warehouse on fire.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Jerry Cotton posted:

Set his warehouse on fire.

Too late.:supaburn:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

DrHammond posted:

I sat her down and we had the talk.

Nothing that plugs into a wall, and nothing that goes into or on you.
Aw, Born Pretty nail polish is fine, though! And some clothes, probably, after a good airing-out.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Martinpale posted:

Oh god, I saw this on Shark Tank...I want to say it was this season? They claimed to have invented it, so...that didn't take very long.

Yep! Not only was it this season, but one of the sharks (Mr. Wonderful?) actually said "it won't take long for China to knock this off."

Nicely done, AliExpress. Also that knockoff pus is horrifyingly thick.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Molten Llama posted:

that knockoff pus is horrifyingly thick.
Next thread title

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Holy Jesus

Sexy Lady Clothing Laser Bra and Girdle Laser Red Laser Mask For Night Club Led luminous Sexy Women Suit Laser Show
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/blSv3a9L

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

norp posted:

Holy Jesus

Sexy Lady Clothing Laser Bra and Girdle Laser Red Laser Mask For Night Club Led luminous Sexy Women Suit Laser Show

The other things this leads to:

Hell yeah

Ground effects for your vagina

I want to be the jellyfish

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Are tickets to the show still on sale?
:pcgaming:

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
On disputes, make sure you respond to them each time or AliExpress might take that as an agreement. If they say we will give you 0 and you don't respond, it can move to resolved.

I had to say no back and forth to a seller around 8 times before AliExpress finally resolved the issue (sent super cheap plastic pumpkin lights and I had ordered the more expensive paper lantern pumpkins).

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lawn seats are free, but you won't get retinal burns from that far out. Please consider buying pit tickets!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Retinal burns?! I want to be close enough to hear my skin sizzle as it's cooking off!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

norp posted:

Holy Jesus

Sweet! My cats will love it!

Edit: I'm imagining any heist movie, at the end of the lazer grid scene, there's just some fat, hairy dude standing in the corner, wearing this. He's drinking a Tab through a straw that has been passed under the mask.

Gonna make this costume for Halloween, but use marshmallow peeps instead of...flowers? I can't really tell what those are. It looks like a costume made out of peeps, spurs, and lace.

Bored fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 18, 2019

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

norp posted:

Holy Jesus

Somewhere, a person injury attorney just got an inexplicable erection.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
On disputes, I recently received the bluetooth FM transmitter thingie to use in our old car without aux and it wouldn't turn on. The seller requested a video of it not working which is kind of a hassle so I just plugged into a usb wall-adapter real quick, and of course it turned on. Now I'm negotiating at least getting a new usb-adapter for the car, but idk, I might just buy one because :effort:. They at least seem willing to help out, it just sucks that if they do send you a new part it's going to take forever to get here again.

norp posted:

Holy Jesus

:aaa:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

How about green laser accessories

532nm Green Laser Glasses For Pub Club DJ Shows With 10Pcs Green Laser LED Stage Glasses
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bR43bTJ2

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

don't pick a fight with Geordy Lafarge

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

There's a lot of cubic zirconia"jewels" and "gold bullion/coins" and I want some to gently caress with people, but then I reconsidered cause that seems like a good way to get stabbed. Now I just want a hoard in a treasure chest in my attic.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ralph Crammed In posted:

There's a lot of cubic zirconia"jewels" and "gold bullion/coins" and I want some to gently caress with people, but then I reconsidered cause that seems like a good way to get stabbed. Now I just want a hoard in a treasure chest in my attic.

I would be pretty awesome to carry around a little velvet bag of jewels like some sort of inbred royal.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fauxtool posted:

I would be pretty awesome to carry around a little velvet bag of jewels like some sort of inbred royal.

I liked the Goonies too!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Any suggestions for sellers of knockoff Legos? Or "lepin" lol

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I think it'd be fun to have a bunch of those as props for a D&D game.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I was always tempted to buy a load of those fake bitcoin things and leave them in a chest for people to find when I die. Or maybe leave them in a locked safe before I move house to see if they end up on a reddit thread or something.

Umm, so this was in my recommended items today. :nws: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/jduFjvP

What can I say except :stonk:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Fauxtool posted:

A thing Elon Musk did in high school.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

moller posted:

A thing Elon Musk did in high school.

Lol

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

I stumbled across this ad too! It's like they crossed a fleshlight with an exercise band.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

PathAsc posted:

Hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy8rT8oHCbI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Black and white video of man trying to take off condom after sex: Theres got to be a better way!