Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Are they doing online? Wonder how that’s going to be.

The excitement was short lived playing online on 360, but something about charging a group of jets alongside like 10 jets was pretty thrilling. Assault Horizon was meh tho

Remake Crimson Skies already jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

holocaust bloopers posted:

Are you all picking up ace combat 7 on ps4?

Ye

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Are they doing online? Wonder how that’s going to be.

The excitement was short lived playing online on 360, but something about charging a group of jets alongside like 10 jets was pretty thrilling. Assault Horizon was meh tho

Remake Crimson Skies already jfc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtjO-rUIahM

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I think my RX 480 is starting to go, what’s decent upgrade for casual gaming or photo editing that won’t break the bank?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

On the NVIDIA side 1070s are coming down in price now that the 20xx line is out and they're solid for 1080p gaming

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I have a 1070 and it’s been great.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
A used 1070Ti for under $300 or a new 2060FE for $350. There's no reason to buy a new 10XX series at this point.

Early benchmarks put the two cards at similar levels/2060 slightly ahead.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 13, 2019

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'll probably keep running on my Titan XP until the 3000 series at least. Goddamn bitcoins forcing me to buy this loving 1200 dollar goddamn video card gently caress.

edit: I got Kenshi. I don't know what I'm about to walk into but it looks interesting, even though it clearly is the jankiest thing that ever janked.

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 13, 2019

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Vasudus posted:

I'll probably keep running on my Titan XP until the 3000 series at least. Goddamn bitcoins forcing me to buy this loving 1200 dollar goddamn video card gently caress.

edit: I got Kenshi. I don't know what I'm about to walk into but it looks interesting, even though it clearly is the jankiest thing that ever janked.

Kenshi is pretty fun. Get some money, get more recruits, start training them to be specialized. One early protip is to aggro bandits and raiders and run to a city and let the gate guards kill them. Loot the killed bandits and upgrade your armor/weapons and sell everything to the town vendors.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I bought a 2070 about a week ago to replace the 970 and I have no regrets, suggested the 1070 since he said casual.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Vasudus posted:

10xx prices returned to normal last year. I haven't bothered following the 20xx because noooooooooope.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The RTX line is an overpriced fuckup but Nvidia already ceased production of the 10xx line so you either get the new ones or gamble on a used card that most likely spent its life mining crypto.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I still haven't started up Kenshi but I'll probably do it soon. I did get a few mods that were declared super critical (Dark UI and the like) but I'm wrapping up other things before I start this. Have a feeling it's going to be a black hole of time wasting.

I bought my Titan at the absolute worst time but whatever, it's good until probably 2021-2022.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holy shiiiiiiit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGTnm05BVls

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
:stare:

I don’t even have vr

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That's amazing, but hot drat it's like the captions had a stroke about 1/3 of the way in.

Comms not really IAW 3-1.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ebb pls rename thread to we runnin fuckin

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

I'm sad the AWACs voice actor isn't as good as the guy from 5. Similar speaking cadence, just not as smooth line delivery.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVx1kq0B38U

If this isn’t in the game then I’m not buying :colbert:

For all the issues with Assault Horizon chasing the ICBM was loving dope, and the final boss battle/dog fight was really fun & intense with the music albeit hard

And of course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY9NO4GQJRk

Lol

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
yea I'll probably get it on PC if it turns out good

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
do I have to pre-order for the Starfighter or anything like that

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
God drat it, I want my Mechwarrior 5 release date.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Frostpunk is excellent but I'm happy to be finished with the main scenario. It's a deeply punishing game. In Dark Souls if you get killed it's because you hosed up in that moment. In Frostpunk when you lose it's because of something you did (or didn't do) way, way, way earlier.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mods changed my name posted:

do I have to pre-order for the Starfighter or anything like that

theres a ps4 theme. vr is ps exclusive for a year, besides that they're not doing the infinity bs stuff yet, but i imagine soon ill be rockin a tekken 7 skin on my ac-130.

also another trailer just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnU9v1IE1nw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holy poo poo the nighttime city level looks so good

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Anyone else play the Resident Evil 2 demo? Super excited.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

so uh not sure anyone cares but battle royale black ops 4 aka blackout is gonna be free for a bit if you wanted to try it out. If you like BR, it’s p. good

quote:

Starting January 17, Blackout is free for everybody until January 24 at 10 AM PT. That's one WHOLE WEEK to party up with friends, relatives, co-workers, or anyone who wants to drop in and discover the biggest map in Call of Duty® history

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

so i guess if you preordered ac7 on ps4 you get ac5 for free.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

so i guess if you preordered ac7 on ps4 you get ac5 for free.

:stare:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

check your ps4 game library its there

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
I got it too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ac7 feels like an apology for assault horizon and im ok with that

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ac7 feels like an apology for assault horizon and im ok with that

It’s playable now?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I'm going to get AC7 for my Xbox. I haven't even had it plugged into a TV for over a year, anything else I should grab that I missed out on?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

holocaust bloopers posted:

It’s playable now?

no just all the stuff thats come out about it. they seemed to be focused hard on ps2 era ace combat aka best combat

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

famitsu's review leaked l- 9/9/9/8

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/753626/Ace-Combat-7-Review-Great-news-for-fans-waiting-on-Skies-Unknown-release-date/amp

also if you preorder on xbone you get ac6 instead of ac5

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

no just all the stuff thats come out about it. they seemed to be focused hard on ps2 era ace combat aka best combat

man poo poo I was hoping AC5 was available now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

itd be a perfect warmup tbh
also i hope ac5 has hotas support on ps4