Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Grendels Dad posted:

Yes, those are certainly characters from the DC comics.

Is there anything special about them?

It's done in the art style of the Justice League cartoon, aka among the greatest piece of DC related media to exist. Looking back I guess I should have mentioned that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
There's also one of the newish Green Lanterns in there. And Miss Martian.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Away all Goats posted:

Man I can't believe we're getting a full fishbowl-on-head look for Mysterio. He's one of my favorite spidey villians and his design is one of my favorite parts. I was really worried about the rumors that he was going to be like an Astronaut that gets mutated or whatever dumb idea that was.

Maybe Gyllenhaal 's track record of acting in a bubble is what got him the gig

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Yet people who care about Peter Parker's room being consistent are dorks.

:psyduck:

Honestly half the reason I read this thread is because it astounds me what people will come up with. Seeing the huge variety of opinions is fascinating to me. To be clear, my opinions are terrible and I am not suggesting they are correct. I am dumb as gently caress. I once argued for several pages about how Batman needs to be non-lethal in order to be a compelling character, an opinion which I still hold.

Batman can be compelling in many ways and still have an interesting arc. The revenge fantasy vigilante that upholds a childish moral code to never kill (but will happily put you in a wheelchair for life) has been done plenty of times. In my opinion that is.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

It's done in the art style of the Justice League cartoon, aka among the greatest piece of DC related media to exist. Looking back I guess I should have mentioned that.

I loved JL/JLU, but I wish we can move on from the Bruce Timm designs. Let's experiment with different styles and get a new generation of artists and writers to create new takes of characters who have existed for nearly a century.

Oh, how did I get on this soapbox?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

It's all good. I'm not familiar enough with DC's animated movies to expect anything but that art style so I was a little confused.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Agreeing with equeen^^^

And also i think i’ve come round to batman killing fools as the new status quo,i’d prefer to see pacifist batman but i don’t mind modern batman snapping necks and bataranguing skulls.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't wanna see him snapping necks but if he's defending himself in a fight and a goon falls off a building but he's too busy still defending himself from other goons to shoot his grapple well that's justified use of force.

I mean even in TDK everyone's favorite he pushes Dent to his death to save a kid.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Snowman_McK posted:

It's Spiderman having a completely normal Spiderman adventure with no sign that the world just ended. Also, Nick Fury is very much not disintergrated.

Do you really think Endgame is going to end with the Snappening not being undone, and Spider-Man and Fury will still be dead?

The characters in Far From Home will probably have no memory of what Thanos did. Because it’s going to be undone. Probably through time travel, possibly with someone getting the Gauntlet and saying, uh, snap, now it never happened.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Marvel movies have no consequences, ever.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Vintersorg posted:

Marvel movies have no consequences, ever.

They have consequences for asking for more money

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Equeen posted:

I loved JL/JLU, but I wish we can move on from the Bruce Timm designs. Let's experiment with different styles and get a new generation of artists and writers to create new takes of characters who have existed for nearly a century.

Oh, how did I get on this soapbox?

In my heart, I know you're right. I'm not a fan of Timm, mainly because I think he's kind of a huge creep. My nostalgia is being preyed upon.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

In my heart, I know you're right. I'm not a fan of Timm, mainly because I think he's kind of a huge creep. My nostalgia is being preyed upon.

His fascination with Batman loving barbara and/or cucking his adopted son is really creepy, yes.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

thrawn527 posted:

Do you really think Endgame is going to end with the Snappening not being undone, and Spider-Man and Fury will still be dead?

The characters in Far From Home will probably have no memory of what Thanos did. Because it’s going to be undone. Probably through time travel, possibly with someone getting the Gauntlet and saying, uh, snap, now it never happened.

50/50 Cap or Stark get the gauntlet and unsnaps, killing them in the process

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

McCloud posted:

His fascination with Batman loving barbara and/or cucking his adopted son is really creepy, yes.

That, and having nearly every major female character in the DCAU from Lois Lane to Wonder Woman be a romantic interest for Batman was kinda cringe-worthy in retrospect.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Fart City posted:

50/50 Cap or Stark get the gauntlet and unsnaps, killing them in the process

In the comics, isn’t it Nebula who gets a hold of the Gauntlet and undoes all the deaths?

Not that it’s going to be the same here. Pretty sure Cap was already dead at that point. Just wondering aloud.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Agreeing with equeen^^^

And also i think i’ve come round to batman killing fools as the new status quo,i’d prefer to see pacifist batman but i don’t mind modern batman snapping necks and bataranguing skulls.

Only if they change the status quo and have Gordon leading the charge to bring that psychopathic murderer in by any means available, even if it means killing him.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

thrawn527 posted:

In the comics, isn’t it Nebula who gets a hold of the Gauntlet and undoes all the deaths?

Not that it’s going to be the same here. Pretty sure Cap was already dead at that point. Just wondering aloud.

To be fair, Comics Thanos cared way more about comic Nebula

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Give us the Gordon Batlabor arc.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Equeen posted:

That, and having nearly every major female character in the DCAU from Lois Lane to Wonder Woman be a romantic interest for Batman was kinda cringe-worthy in retrospect.

To be fair, Batman is pretty fuckable. One could even argue he's objectively the most fuckable.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

This is kind of meaningless because Bruce Timm (if he's on this project) has been revealed to be some kind of pervy weirdo since not having to deal with network censorship restrictions

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

To be fair, Batman is pretty fuckable. One could even argue he's objectively the most fuckable.

Nothing like a guy with daddy and mommy issues am i right :wiggle:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Guy A. Person posted:

Nothing like a guy with daddy and mommy issues am i right :wiggle:

Got a nice car tho

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fart City posted:

Got a nice car tho

Rather be in a purple Lamborghini

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
And also being the pinnacle of human physical achievement. And hes rich! Why WOULDN'T you try to gently caress him?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

And also being the pinnacle of human physical achievement. And hes rich! Why WOULDN'T you try to gently caress him?

Yeah I mean if he’s like any other billionaire he’s just gonna make you poo poo on a glass coffee table while he lays under it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Anyone that rich is doing pizzagate poo poo

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Fart City posted:

Yeah I mean if he’s like any other billionaire he’s just gonna make you poo poo on a glass coffee table while he lays under it.

They call that move the "glass bottom boat"

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

McCloud posted:

Batman can be compelling in many ways and still have an interesting arc. The revenge fantasy vigilante that upholds a childish moral code to never kill (but will happily put you in a wheelchair for life) has been done plenty of times. In my opinion that is.

Synthesis: the Joker should ALSO have a no-kill rule.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ferrinus posted:

Synthesis: the Joker should ALSO have a no-kill rule.

That would kind of rule

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Guy A. Person posted:

They call that move the "glass bottom boat"

I thought it was saran wrap directly on the person. Hey I learned something today!

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/scottaawilson/status/1085204658543566854

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

While it is part old man yells at clouds he isn't wrong. The media you consume does effect you on some way and does not exist in a vacuum. It's entirely possible to be critical of the films and still like them. Can got upset when they said Transformers were glorified toy commercials but to a fan they were something more, but it still didn't mean that they weren't right. Those cartoons were selling you toys.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

That’s quite a spicy take even for my standards, but I do agree that Marvel has repeatedly undercut narrative tension at this point by dumping any consistent character growth, and now with Far From Home giving a shrug to Infinity Wars “tragic cliffhanger.”

It’s kind of like if between Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi Lucasfilm released a movie about Han Solo babysitting a bunch of Ewoks on Endor.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

Comic Book Movie Megathread '19: To be fair, Batman is pretty fuckable

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the MCU has fully embraced all the worst parts of the ongoing comics of the big two, that tweet being specifically about the inevitability of the status quo reset making sure things never stray from the 90s 'end of history' nonsense

the only debatable point is whether it's a cause or a symptom of political apathy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Eh, Two Towers trailer showed Gandalf alive. Return of the Jedi trailer showed Han unfrozen.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Davros1 posted:

Eh, Two Towers trailer showed Gandalf alive. Return of the Jedi trailer showed Han unfrozen.

Those were also dumb and don't make the trailer any less dumb.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Brother Entropy posted:

the MCU has fully embraced all the worst parts of the ongoing comics of the big two, that tweet being specifically about the inevitability of the status quo reset making sure things never stray from the 90s 'end of history' nonsense

the only debatable point is whether it's a cause or a symptom of political apathy

I'd call it a symptom because calling it a cause would give the MCU too much credit. Like, if the dude from the tweet would be correct, the real tragedy would be that Marvel movies even have this kind of influence, no matter what they teach. Who would let themselves be influenced by loving Vision like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I want Shuri to be the next Iron Person. :)