Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Xequecal posted:

There's probably 10 Republicans that would flip at this point. But you need 60 votes for cloture and 67 to override a veto, so it's pointless. They're never going to get to 67. Just look at the economic damage the leavers are willing to do to the UK to get what they want. We're not even close to that point and our populists are many times as fanatical. Trump knows he's a minority President and who his base is.
We're much closer than you think.
NYTimes says the shutdown has already shaved off .5% of GDP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Lightning Knight posted:

Can someone explain floorshitter guy to me? I only know him as that he used to be NFS’ avatar.

He's a nazi who sees the floor as fair game for taking a dump.

He also holds the distinction of being such a piece of poo poo that Twitter banned him even while it was still very friendly to assholes like Milo.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Crabtree posted:

Does he believe a child can be salvaged afterwards or that they're just ruined forever if dad or mom decided to marry another?

Depends, are the parents Democrats?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

Can someone explain floorshitter guy to me? I only know him as that he used to be NFS’ avatar.

he's one of the garbage tier alt right journalists who tried the most pathetic stings and gotchas, all his grifts failed, he got deplatformed, he dried up and who knows or cares where he went. he keeps trying to set up more scammy websites where he collects donations for nazis and publishes completely fake articles about current events under the label of 'news' but he's burned all his bridges and credbility

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Crabtree posted:

Several other kids from several different marriages that we know about but a white guy can get away with that!

That's ok because he, uh, doesn't brag about it and also because [page missing]

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Crabtree posted:

Does he believe a child can be salvaged afterwards or that they're just ruined forever if dad or mom decided to marry another?

Well, Eric, Don jr, and Ivanka are irredeemable

:thunk:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

luxury handset posted:

he's one of the garbage tier alt right journalists who tried the most pathetic stings and gotchas, all his grifts failed, he got deplatformed, he dried up and who knows or cares where he went. he keeps trying to set up more scammy websites where he collects donations for nazis and publishes completely fake articles about current events under the label of 'news' but he's burned all his bridges and credbility

So... why is he hanging out with congresspeople?

I guess the answer is probably because the congresspeople are also Nazis.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

i dont think he is hanging out with congresspeople? he's most likely claiming to because the dude has a history of extremely blatant lying about big, easily disproven events. he and mike cernovich were the guys who tried to fabricate sexual assault allegations against chuck schumer, that like instantly fell apart

unlike actual stable idiot grifters like ben shapiro, chuck johnson is one of those congenital liar types who screams "i'm a huuuuuge liability!" to any seasoned con artist and so is treated as a joke even by other jokes

e: he was invited to the 2018 state of the union as a guest of rep. matt gaetz? i can only assume gaetz is also incredibly dumb for some reason

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 17, 2019

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1085679244615843841?s=19

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

luxury handset posted:

i dont think he is hanging out with congresspeople? he's most likely claiming to because the dude has a history of extremely blatant lying about big, easily disproven events. he and mike cernovich were the guys who tried to fabricate sexual assault allegations against chuck schumer, that like instantly fell apart

unlike actual stable idiot grifters like ben shapiro, chuck johnson is one of those congenital liar types who screams "i'm a huuuuuge liability!" to any seasoned con artist and so is treated as a joke even by other jokes

Oh I must’ve misunderstood then, ok.

Also lol what a dumbfuck.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

I keep on reading Ayanna's as "Married a single father muslim with hijab", to which I think "drat, she's doing pretty well for herself!".

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh I must’ve misunderstood then, ok.

Also lol what a dumbfuck.

apparently he was hanging around with gaetz and dana rohrabacher, the plausible assumption that leaps to my mind is both these dudes are gullible enough to be befriended by a consistently failed con artist. as of right now all of johnson's various fake op ed and scam donation websites are all shutdown because no payment processor will do business with him

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Wouldn't want to let anyone think these people ever face consequences.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I'm now imagining AOC stalking the senate halls clinking coke bottles going"Miiiiiitch, come out and playyyyyyyyyyy!"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Super-Id posted:

Wouldn't want to let anyone think these people ever face consequences.

As Dave Weigel said yesterday, Dems should have focused on drawing a line between Steve King's policy preferences the rest of the party has adopted (like the wall) and his beliefs rather than trying to censure him as an individual. Singling him out as uniquely bad is just as dumb as trying to do that for Trump--the whole Republican party is filled with more subtle variations on the same theme.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Colonel Whitey posted:

On the phone right now! Super hosed up about BOA, maybe you can change banks when this is over?

Good luck!

It’s my car loan - so unless I refinance and go somewhere else I’m stuck. Having said that, I will NEVER do business with them again.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Lycus posted:

For a second, my mind went to McConnell lying on the actual floor.

If he laid on his back he wouldn't be able to get up without help :ohdear:

quote:

Still, Rush and Ryan told reporters Tuesday that they would press on with censure. Aides to both lawmakers acknowledged ongoing discussions with party leaders Wednesday but said they had no plans to change course.

Asked whether a censure measure could pass, Clyburn said, “Oh, yeah, it would pass.”

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Munkeymon posted:

You aren't helping him, Munkeymon. Why is that?

Edit: I win this time!

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Munkeymon posted:

You're in a desert, walking along when you look down and see a tortoise. It's crawling toward you. You reach down and flip it over on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Munkeymon posted:

You see Mitch McConnell laying on the ground, struggling to move, but you do not help him. Why?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Oh goddamn you guys lmao

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Goon hive mind real, so what

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Koalas March posted:

You see Mitch McConnell laying on the ground, struggling to move, but you do not help him. Why?

Mitch McConnell. What's that?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Akumu posted:

Nexus 6

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

mdemone posted:

Goon hive mind real, so what

we're all nerds and that's ok

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Akumu posted:

You know what a piece of poo poo is? Same thing

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Crow Jane posted:

Is marrying a widower okay?

No because if god loved them he wouldn't have murdered their spouse so they could escape their degeneracy through death.

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

luxury handset posted:

nah, hoteps are pro-black misogynist lunatics. this guy seems like your average insane evangelical racist conservative white guy, but in a black man's body

Huh, 'hotep' is a new one to me. Did we really need a special name for misogynists who happen to be black, or is there more to it than that?

(I'm really slow on things like this since I don't do social media. I'm still trying to figure out if 'chud' is a DJT supporter, a member of the alt-right, or just any conservative)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Family Values posted:

Huh, 'hotep' is a new one to me. Did we really need a special name for misogynists who happen to be black, or is there more to it than that?

There's more to it than that (but not much).

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Koalas March posted:

Oh goddamn you guys lmao

loving owned.

Family Values posted:

It’s more complicated than that, there’s some New Age mysticism and racial chauvinism involved depending on how deep the hotep in question is.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Family Values posted:

(I'm really slow on things like this since I don't do social media. I'm still trying to figure out if 'chud' is a DJT supporter, a member of the alt-right, or just any conservative)

Those are all pretty much one in the same so yes

Pretty sure the chapo guys started calling them chuds

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Family Values posted:

There's more to it than that. Hoteps are really into black nationalism and often invoke imagery of ancient Egypt.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Basically if you are white don't worry about who is and isn't a hotep though, that's not for us to decide.

Except bubba hotep starring Bruce Campbell, we get that one

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Pakled posted:

There's more to it than that. Hoteps are really into black nationalism and often invoke imagery of ancient Egypt.

as a white person i feel kind of uncomfortable speculating about whether a black man is or isn't a hotep. just feels off.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

kidkissinger posted:

as a white person i feel kind of uncomfortable speculating about whether a black man is or isn't a hotep. just feels off.

I feel like *usually* it's kind of obvious but I'd never call someone a hotep.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Lightning Knight posted:

He’s a ratfucker in the old tradition, the guy who isn’t in it to get his face or name out, but rather because he is a genuine ideologue. He does a lot of opposition research, so he’s probably there to try and sell them some dirt or counterfeit dirt.

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Kammat posted:

I'm now imagining AOC stalking the senate halls clinking coke bottles going"Miiiiiitch, come out and playyyyyyyyyyy!"

BRAVO!

(awesome movie reference)

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

kidkissinger posted:

You should be uncomfortable doing that and you shouldn't do it.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I read senate cloak room as senate coat room...did AOC check the coat room?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Jaxyon posted:

You should be uncomfortable doing that and you shouldn't do it.

that's.. yes. that's what i was saying.