Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

You do know you don't have to stand in the bad breath to learn it right?

My dude, would that I could see orange cones in real-life when other people were about to cough or sneeze, or puddles of contamination.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Thundarr posted:

This makes sense since any iteration of the attack is / should be a valid source for learning it. The early guides don't have a comprehensive list of monster locations but people flocked to those few spots anyway rather than try other spots. Like I bet you can learn Dragon's Voice / Ram's Voice from Garms in PotD and WoD as well if you happen to have a Blu there.

Does Titan Normal use Mountain Buster? It's been so long I can't even remember.
Nah, he uses his another weaker cleave instead of mountain buster in normal mode. Of the primals I think only Ifrit uses his learnable ability on normal difficulty.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Thundarr posted:

This makes sense since any iteration of the attack is / should be a valid source for learning it. The early guides don't have a comprehensive list of monster locations but people flocked to those few spots anyway rather than try other spots. Like I bet you can learn Dragon's Voice / Ram's Voice from Garms in PotD and WoD as well if you happen to have a Blu there.

Does Titan Normal use Mountain Buster? It's been so long I can't even remember.
But you can't do PotD with Blue Mage.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The best part about this patch has been mobs of people screaming at me for killing mobs for FATEs, hunts, etc. because they need them for BLU spells.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Thundarr posted:

Like I bet you can learn Dragon's Voice / Ram's Voice from Garms in PotD and WoD as well if you happen to have a Blu there.

That would be quite a feat, considering BLU can't enter PotD at all. Which is honestly mind boggling.

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

Blue Mage honestly worked out pretty much exactly as expected for me, it's a silly distraction. Would've been fun to have it be stronger overall, like if it were actually capable of soloing the various pieces of content that some of its abilities come from, but the masked carnival stuff is neat and well done. It definitely doesn't have the depth any of the normal classes do, and with how its setup I doubt it ever will, but since it's meant to be its own weird thing I think that's fine.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Yeah I forgot that was yet another restriction. Probably because of the cap of level 60 in there. But you can definitely Blu in WoD if you convince your FC to pre form it.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

yeah, I'm holding out for BLU to get access to PotD when the cap gets to 60, and finally everyone will nab the last Pal-less Palace achievement.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Thundarr posted:

Yeah I forgot that was yet another restriction. Probably because of the cap of level 60 in there. But you can definitely Blu in WoD if you convince your FC to pre form it.

but at that point, like, just run the loving relic fight or cutter's cry

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm super happy this new character is on a small server because between the BLU release and the post-holiday bump even this one is getting queues sometimes.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Smart Car posted:

Blue Mage honestly worked out pretty much exactly as expected for me, it's a silly distraction. Would've been fun to have it be stronger overall, like if it were actually capable of soloing the various pieces of content that some of its abilities come from, but the masked carnival stuff is neat and well done.

Yeah, I would prefer it that if BLU was to be locked away in it's own sandbox, then let me break that sandbox over my knee by being even more broken as gently caress. Slap extra zeros on all the potencies, let everything scale to the point where i can enter Tam Tara at level 10 and one shot everything without much fuss

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm super happy this new character is on a small server because between the BLU release and the post-holiday bump even this one is getting queues sometimes.

Queues are data center wide :eng101:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheHeadSage posted:

Yeah, I would prefer it that if BLU was to be locked away in it's own sandbox, then let me break that sandbox over my knee by being even more broken as gently caress. Slap extra zeros on all the potencies, let everything scale to the point where i can enter Tam Tara at level 10 and one shot everything without much fuss

I mean you can!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jose Valasquez posted:

Queues are data center wide :eng101:
Oh no poo poo? I had no idea. That's cool.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

When someone talks in a dungeon/trial, you see a little flower icon next to their name that indicates the server theyre on. Its probably in other places too

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
Does the music that plays during the Mustadio fight have an orchestration roll (or a name)?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Looking forward to leveling dancer in SHADOWBRINGERS.

Hell loving yeah, bro.

Give me that delicious dancer healer. I will 100% drop my AST for dancer.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Kuvo posted:

Does the music that plays during the Mustadio fight have an orchestration roll (or a name)?

Don't think it has an orchestrion roll yet, but it totally has a name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFF5i3YCX3A

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
the intro to it was screwing me up, it's "Fear No.1". Guess i gota get lucky on that drop

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Ul'dah on Balmung has turned into a suicide cult; people are exploding over and over again so that healers can farm Kindness of Strangers.

:allears:

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Random chance on dungeon end bosses is real awful

Haven't I played Tam Tara enough in my life through lldr that I need to go 6 times and still not have Mind Blast, Yoship?

At least save it for the lv50 dungeons no one runs anymore

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
So many skills being instance locked is really the most galling thing to me. The rest of it I could let slide.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leraika posted:

Ul'dah on Balmung has turned into a suicide cult; people are exploding over and over again so that healers can farm Kindness of Strangers.

:allears:

This is really cool actually

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Tashilicious posted:

This is really cool actually

It is! I'm very impressed with what people are coming up with.

Kind of makes me wish I hadn't gotten mine long ago in Eureka.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Blu is good cause it gave us a tiny cane to pose with.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Level 32 overworld enemies have between 1001 and 1003 hp. Ask how I know!

Also, while picking up Level 5 Petrify in an all blu group, one member died and returned to the entrance before the Manor Sentry appeared. We learned the skill from it, including the person who was locked out of the fight and therefore had no enmity from it. So I guess party blue magic sharing applies to everybody no matter what, as long as it succeeds.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
been around 30 kills of the last two in Orbonne. Still haven't seen the Oracle coat drop. On the plus side, I have taken this chance to start getting some screens while on autopilot (GPose does, in fact, work during the intermission :v: )

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh, I got the Oracle coat today completely on accident. I was okay with getting it...

But then the Baltheir coat dropped afterwards. :negative:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Gonna keep tanking it until I get the Agrias chest piece. Saw it my first run, but was on WHM.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Thundarr posted:

Level 32 overworld enemies have between 1001 and 1003 hp. Ask how I know!

Also, while picking up Level 5 Petrify in an all blu group, one member died and returned to the entrance before the Manor Sentry appeared. We learned the skill from it, including the person who was locked out of the fight and therefore had no enmity from it. So I guess party blue magic sharing applies to everybody no matter what, as long as it succeeds.

Yep. You don't learn anything if you're dead, though.

e: I got the caster version of the oracle coat last week on a lucky roll somehow. It's great:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
50 is when Blue starts, the gladiatorial fights are what it's about. A bunch of challenges based around weird powers and elemental resistances, and they aren't loving around. I again wish they just started you at 50 so you could see it from minute one, but whatever, ship sailed on that.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Gonna keep tanking it until I get the Agrias chest piece. Saw it my first run, but was on WHM.

If nothing else, 4.5 has been amazing for glamour.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'll have to post some shots of the glamour I've been working on. My Red Mage is still in-progress but it look pretty darn good in my opinion. I just have to master /gpose and capture something that looks good.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Dropped on my first and only run, which was the day before reset. I was on BLM.

It's good.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Would love to try the Carnivale but Glower refuses to drop so I can progress the job quests. 35 runs so far.

I know RNG is RNG but goddamn.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

MisterFuzzles posted:

Would love to try the Carnivale but Glower refuses to drop so I can progress the job quests. 35 runs so far.

I know RNG is RNG but goddamn.

If one BLU learns a spell, everyone in the party on BLU does. I'm not sure if everyone has their own chance to learn or of its one roll party wide...but anecdotally I've had better luck with a party on learning some of the rarer spells so I think it's per BLU. You might have better luck getting a group together to learn it.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
About 26 of those were with a 3 BLU group in some fashion. The rest were 4 BLUs just wanting to see how poo poo worked.

Pretty sure it was mentioned that its one roll for everyone.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
That's fair. It's still more fun to grind dumb RNG bullshit in a group than solo at least.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Don't ruin my placebo. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How 'bout some glamour as I figure out this whole gpose stuff? Warning, ripped Roedame ahead.

Some Red Mage:

Some Samurai:

Really wish I could find a dyeable bottom that's similar to that for my samurai outfit but I haven't come across any (that I can afford).