Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slippery posted:

How many of their older somgs even had lyrics though?

You know who would do well, is Conelrad, it's a goon in fact, band owns

I downloaded a bunch of his stuff a few years ago, somehow I forgot he was from here. Neato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Wheat Loaf posted:

I believe David Paich has claimed the song is written from the perspective of someone who has never been to Africa and is guessing what it is like there. Exactly what he is trying to prove here is unclear, because a) he wrote the song; and b) he'd never been to Africa and was only guessing what it was like there.

Also, lots of parts of Africa get lots of rain. Just not the desert parts.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Facebook Aunt posted:

Seems cruelly ironic to have "bless the rains down in Africa" in a part of Africa that doesn't get any drat rain.

Obviously the proper way forward here is to hack it so it plays something better/different as folks have said. I bet it'll be internet connected so it can be monitored to make sure it's working etc. Someone page YOSPOS this might be of interest :)

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Phy posted:

I downloaded a bunch of his stuff a few years ago, somehow I forgot he was from here. Neato.

yeah every few years I PM him and ask him to make t-shirts :) no luck yet though!

CSP, function creep and sure is the risk made rule without reservation

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Speakers in the desert looks like something from SCP.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sadly lacking in pictures or video.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Knormal posted:

Sadly lacking in pictures or video.

At least she's living her best life. Shine on lady, not everyone can be as baller as you.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
As someone who's been in the desert when it rains: it does rain in the desert, very occasionally, but when it does so it rains pretty drat hard.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

jobson groeth posted:

At least she's living her best life. Shine on lady, not everyone can be as baller as you.

I was gonna say, this woman is my retiree spirit animal from what I can tell

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

As someone who's been in the desert when it rains: it does rain in the desert, very occasionally, but when it does so it rains pretty drat hard.

Las Vegas has a monsoon season. Every year people drown. The rains flood the main thoroughfares, and leave piles of rocks three feet tall blocking entire lanes on Sahara and Tropicana.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/bluestein/statu...ingawful.com%2F

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Las Vegas has a monsoon season. Every year people drown. The rains flood the main thoroughfares, and leave piles of rocks three feet tall blocking entire lanes on Sahara and Tropicana.

People out in the open? Or the large homeless population that live in the storm runoff systems?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The jizz tape is real.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

People out in the open? Or the large homeless population that live in the storm runoff systems?

This lady was just checking on a friend’s kittycat :smith:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Statue's face 'too friendly for Satan'

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

This also looks like an SCP.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Man Injects 18 ‘Doses’ of Semen Into Arm to Cure Back Pain, Ends Up in Hospital

“This is the first reported case of semen injection for use as a medical treatment,” the doctors at Adelaide and Meath Hospital in Ireland wrote in the case study, titled “Semenly” Harmless Back Pain: An Unusual Presentation of a Subcutaneous Abscess,” published in the Irish Medical Journal.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Coq au Nandos posted:

“This is the first reported case of semen injection for use as a medical treatment,” the doctors at Adelaide and Meath Hospital in Ireland wrote in the case study, titled “Semenly” Harmless Back Pain: An Unusual Presentation of a Subcutaneous Abscess,” published in the Irish Medical Journal.

On the plus side, his arm will give birth to twins.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Coq au Nandos posted:

The paper: http://imj.ie/semenly-harmless-back-pain-an-unusual-presentation-of-a-subcutaneous-abscess/

It's gotta be really tough to write something like that without insulting the patient.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

quote:

he opted to discharge himself without availing of an incision and drainage of the local collection

discharging himself got him into this mess in the first place

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I get the sense that the doctors were disappointed he didn’t let them cut him open and look at the semen.

The whole thing is gold, and it’s not long.

quote:

A search of more eclectic internet sites and forums found no other documentation of semen injection for back pain treatment or other uses. Attempts at intravenous and arterial injection of harmful substances such as mercury, gasoline, charcoal lighter fluid, hydrochloric acid and hydrocarbon2-7 are well described and are generally carried out in attempted suicide as opposed to the case detailed above in which the patient was aiming to relieve physical discomfort.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
https://twitter.com/ninamasseyPA/status/1085613790295670784

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Platystemon posted:

I get the sense that the doctors were disappointed he didn’t let them cut him open and look at the semen.

The whole thing is gold, and it’s not long.

I hope they also went to Something Awful.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like Batman would do a better job of dealing with the whole Brexit nonsense than almost anybody.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

AlbieQuirky posted:

I feel like Batman would do a better job of dealing with the whole Brexit nonsense than almost anybody.

I feel like an issue of Batman taped to a desk would do a better job of brexit at this point

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How about an actual bat?

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Proteus Jones posted:

Bit of both, I think. Five or six years ago, I think a kid got swept away on a main street. The water runs insanely fast and deep at the edges of the street when a big rain hits. Crowned roads + no drainage.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ralph pls go

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
no

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ralph is the forgotten green-skinned icon of transgressive humor, taken over by a meme generation obsessed with Shrek.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

The devil has power to assume a pleasing shape. Not this one, but he can.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Satan can't look friendly, Satan can't look sexy, I'm starting to think people have something against this guys

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Samuringa posted:

Satan can't look friendly, Satan can't look sexy, I'm starting to think people have something against this guys

Wasn't the whole thing that the original sculptor made Sexy Lucifer and they said "too sexy", they hired his brother to do it and he made it even sexier?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
didn't the bible say Lucifer was fair to look at

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I mean if you're that worried about sending mixed messages, you could just, y'know, not commission a statue of Satan

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Randaconda posted:

didn't the bible say Lucifer was fair to look at

The whole "fallen angel" conception of Lucifer is mostly extrabiblical. The only time the word appears in the Bible is when the author of Isaiah is talking poo poo about the King of Babylon. It comes mostly from medieval readings of Revelation that only persist today in crazyass fundamentalist circles. That is to say the idea of Lucifer as a fallen angel is about as biblical as the Rapture.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Azathoth posted:

The whole "fallen angel" conception of Lucifer is mostly extrabiblical. The only time the word appears in the Bible is when the author of Isaiah is talking poo poo about the King of Babylon. It comes mostly from medieval readings of Revelation that only persist today in crazyass fundamentalist circles. That is to say the idea of Lucifer as a fallen angel is about as biblical as the Rapture.

And the Antichrist. 'Antichrist' only crops up in the Bible as a term used to describe anyone who's against Christ - it's a generic term. But people for some reason conflate the term with the false prophet of Revelation while also misunderstanding what Revelation says about that figure in that particular drug trip that's about Rome.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:smuggo:pfft look at those silly Christians, can't even remember which parts of their spiritual world is scripture and which parts just glomed on through the centuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

(Now tell them about how the Devil and Satan may not be the same guy)