Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

How annoying is it to become a Grand Company captain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I definitely want first lieutenant for the jacket, and I'm thinking about going for Captain for the axe, but I could live without it if it sucks.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
It's not hard, you just kinda have to chip away at it slowly by accumulating GC seals. I guess you could powerfarm it if you wanted to by running a TON of dungeons and mulching all the drops.

At some point though, you have to have your squadron complete a level 50 (I think?) away mission, so you definitely should be leveling up a decent team in the meantime.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
The most annoying part is just getting your squadron leveled up enough to complete the 18 hour missions. It's not hard at all, just time consuming.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Control Volume posted:

Ive got some power questing tips with the hildebrand quests: It turns out that you waste most of your time in the cutscenes, so its generally better to skip them and get to the fights. Theres a couple of trials but those be beaten in less than half an hour combined. The latest set doesnt even have a reward though, so all in all I wish the devs used their resources to make a more engaging endgame rather than wasting time making what amounts to a 2 hour pointless distraction

Oh man you really cracked the fuckin code with this

Why didn't we all see it, the true fun of blue mage is *checks notes* grinding mobs with a 6 second cast spell for 8 hours in the overworld.

Mulva posted:

50 is when Blue starts, the gladiatorial fights are what it's about. A bunch of challenges based around weird powers and elemental resistances, and they aren't loving around. I again wish they just started you at 50 so you could see it from minute one, but whatever, ship sailed on that.

This would definitely be better than what it is, but honestly I agree with "They probably shouldn't have bothered with this at all." There isn't anything in blue mage that HAD to be there that couldn't have worked as just another class. I even really dig the story just because it's a little goofy while also being endearing, and I love the asthetic, but mahjong was a better addition than blue mage was.

The only good thing that came out of it was those people who kept screaming about how blue mage needed to be this way get to see why it wasn't a good idea, and yes I'm including the devs in this.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Yeah, you can do three one-hour trainings a day for a total of 9000 squad xp and then send them out for a 18 hour mission for some amount of xp. If you still have some classes below level 50 you could also use the squad to level them and yourself up by doing squad dungeons. In conclusion, it is tedious and sucks, but glams are life.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

honestly blue mage should have been just the carnival and even that's like, a week or two's worth of entertainment at most. given how hard it is to get the trial spells the entire class kind of reminds me of the diadem weapons that were like, what, +5 ivls over the next highes tthing? just there as bait to keep people playing until shadowbringers.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I enjoy BLU conceptually and have fun running around the overworld, but beyond that I can't say much because either I continue to have the worst luck imaginable or the RNG is seriously weirdly tuned. I've done Tam Tara *24 times* and have not gotten Mind Blast so I'm still gated at the, what, level 10 job quest?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I had a fantasia I'd been sitting on for a long time for a dumb reason and switched from a midlander female to a beautiful elezen lady. But gently caress I hate their run. I hated the midlander female run too, but at least it didn't look like I needed to diarrhea and was running to the bathroom discretely.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

If you don't buy a new one you'll probably get a free one when the expansion releases in June so you could switch races again at that time.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jokes posted:

I had a fantasia I'd been sitting on for a long time for a dumb reason and switched from a midlander female to a beautiful elezen lady. But gently caress I hate their run. I hated the midlander female run too, but at least it didn't look like I needed to diarrhea and was running to the bathroom discretely.

Highlander is better hth

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

jokes posted:

Roegadyn is what you're looking for.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
Roegadyn or highlander. Both are cool ladies (and the gentlemen are cool too).

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobfly posted:

Roegadyn or highlander. Both are cool ladies (and the gentlemen are cool too).

men are trash over here in something awful we believe in gay space gynocracy.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A Portrait Of The Artist Not Helping During Praetorium

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Tashilicious posted:

I'm extremely anxious over the prospect that I might have to ask someone to play a game with me in this gay space gynocracy.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nessus posted:

I'm extremely anxious over the prospect that I might have to ask someone to play a game with me in this gay space gynocracy.

why would you be? Embrace the evil gay trans agenda.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Miniature Ultima Weapon mount please.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Tashilicious posted:

Whoa. Jeez, friend. Peace ❤️

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So, uh. I heard a thing.

That you can cheese the loving poo poo out of any jumping puzzle by using Shukuchi, and that BLU gets a skill called Loom that is Shukuchi with zero cooldown?

Please confirm.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Axel Serenity posted:

been around 30 kills of the last two in Orbonne. Still haven't seen the Oracle coat drop. On the plus side, I have taken this chance to start getting some screens while on autopilot (GPose does, in fact, work during the intermission :v: )

That is a fantastic shot.

Have you gotten quick at using gpose, or are you basically dropping out of the fight for a bit, or what? I need to figure out gpose sometime...

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Archyduchess posted:

I enjoy BLU conceptually and have fun running around the overworld, but beyond that I can't say much because either I continue to have the worst luck imaginable or the RNG is seriously weirdly tuned. I've done Tam Tara *24 times* and have not gotten Mind Blast so I'm still gated at the, what, level 10 job quest?

I was in the exact same boat as you, so what me and a group of pubs did after throwing ourselves at that lovely dungeon did is to afk instead.

Yeah, we spent 15 minutes just letting Galvanth use Mind Blast over and over around the 67% HP mark because doing the whole dungeon each and every time only for people to out-dps him so you might not even see a 2nd Mind Blast was a waaay less effective method.

The Companion exp glitch is insane on BLU, 7000+ exp and I'm only around lv30. Shame it has to go away for "balance" reasons.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Does letting a monster cast the ability multiple times help somehow?

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

SwissArmyDruid posted:

So, uh. I heard a thing.

That you can cheese the loving poo poo out of any jumping puzzle by using Shukuchi, and that BLU gets a skill called Loom that is Shukuchi with zero cooldown?

Please confirm.

Not sure how useful it is for cheesing (Shukuchi can be finicky about dropping you off cliffs sometimes if you try to use it to traverse jumps, but other folks may have figured out how to use it better than I), but Loom is essentially Shukuchi with a (2.5? sec) cast time and no CD, while Shukuchi is instant with a CD.

Edit: vv: Somehow I felt like it could traverse small gaps, but I could just be misremembering (or can it work when dropping from high to low?).

Marathanes fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 17, 2019

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

So, uh. I heard a thing.

Please confirm.
Sadly no, the Ninja NPC very clearly says that you cannot cheese jumping puzzles with Skukuchi. It basically treats you as very quickly moving across the ground; you will drop like a brick if you try to cross a gap with it.

Hell, the journal text for the quest after you get it says "He explains that while a shinobi can cover great distances with Shukuchi, the technique only works effectively on level ground."

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

It doesn't even let you target ledges, but it also doesn't drop you. You can use it to get more distance than you normally can from a jump, I do it sometimes after cliffhanger.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Glagha posted:

Does letting a monster cast the ability multiple times help somehow?

Sadly, no. It's strictly RNG.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Yapping Eevee posted:

Sadly no, the Ninja NPC very clearly says that you cannot cheese jumping puzzles with Skukuchi. It basically treats you as very quickly moving across the ground; you will drop like a brick if you try to cross a gap with it.

Hell, the journal text for the quest after you get it says "He explains that while a shinobi can cover great distances with Shukuchi, the technique only works effectively on level ground."

SwissArmyDruid posted:

So, uh. I heard a thing.

Please confirm.

The thing about shukuchi cheesing some of the jumping puzzles, like kugane tower and the moonfire tower, is that it can be used while jumping. If you time it right, it'll move you over ledges that you couldn't just barely couldn't clear by jumping.

Loom has a cast time and can't be used while jumping. It's also 5y shorter, making moving by it so not worth it. Loom is just bad. It's only upside is that you can use it while slowed.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The only reason the dev team put a level 50 limit on BLU is because yoship is too terrified to give players a fraction of Sephirot's power. He's scared of muscle wizards

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

The only reason the dev team put a level 50 limit on BLU is because yoship is too terrified to give players a fraction of Sephirot's power. He's scared of muscle wizards

I want to learn Sophia's ability to force everything you're fighting to shift 20 yalms to the right and off a cliff.

What would you even learn from Bismark though? His ult is the only thing he attacks you with directly.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Got BLU to 50 and joined the smug elf club. Just need to finish the quests, I have all the spells I need for them.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Thundarr posted:

What would you even learn from Bismark though?

The power to eat dirt and like it.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Zack Ater posted:

That is a fantastic shot.

Have you gotten quick at using gpose, or are you basically dropping out of the fight for a bit, or what? I need to figure out gpose sometime...

That shot wasn't gpose, since you can't use it during the actual fight. It was just quick framing and removing the UI, which really just comes from knowing the fight and what's coming.

For everything else, yeah, it's a quick switch to gpose and having most of my Stormshade stuff set up already. If you want to use it during the intermission on Seraph, just make sure it's after the shield break and not before so your alliance doesn't hate you :v:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So I take it there's no free camera for gpose? Or is it hidden somewhere in the options?

Either way, gpose could use a free camera.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jimbot posted:

So I take it there's no free camera for gpose? Or is it hidden somewhere in the options?

Either way, gpose could use a free camera.

You have to have a target selected so it's not quite a 'free' camera but you can rotate, zoom, and tilt the camera to your liking, so it's not quite as restrictive as you'd expect.

Free camera would own, though.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Monathin posted:

You have to have a target selected so it's not quite a 'free' camera but you can rotate, zoom, and tilt the camera to your liking, so it's not quite as restrictive as you'd expect.

Free camera would own, though.

Yeah, it's not bad, don't get me wrong. It just felt kind of clunky to use when I was taking my shots. It's still a cool feature, though!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tip: Gpose actually has two zooms. You can do your usual camera zoom (which i think is universally mapped to scroll wheel) or the in-menu focus/zoom. I tend to start with the former and move to the latter. (The second zoom fucks with frames/framing, though, so be warned!)

Also camera rotate in gpose I think is mapped to whatever your strafe buttons are. Q and E for me.

That should at least lessen some of the non-free camera pain.

e: Oh, and you can also offset the camera with WASD. So there's some positional fuckery there too.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 17, 2019

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Axel Serenity posted:

That shot wasn't gpose, since you can't use it during the actual fight. It was just quick framing and removing the UI, which really just comes from knowing the fight and what's coming.

For everything else, yeah, it's a quick switch to gpose and having most of my Stormshade stuff set up already. If you want to use it during the intermission on Seraph, just make sure it's after the shield break and not before so your alliance doesn't hate you :v:

Oh okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
As an aside, I can confirm that BLU can learn skills from boss fights even after they die and release (even if there's no other BLU in the party) due to a mishap farming Greg and his bestie for Missile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Renegret posted:

The power to eat dirt and like it.

I already have Dragoon at max level though.