Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cartoon Man posted:

Until they decide to sell them again someday to fill a gap.

There's zero point to doing so considering they're ramping up to SNES games on the Switch. Once those start pushing out alongside some SNES Joycons, the SNES Classic's redundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's zero point to doing so considering they're ramping up to SNES games on the Switch. Once those start pushing out alongside some SNES Joycons, the SNES Classic's redundant.

Judging from the datamine I assume that they are releasing the SNES games this year - but I'm imagining not until the second half of the year. I would love to be wrong.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
They'll announce them at the next Direct, which according to rumours was yesterday

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The only gap Nintendo needs to fill with releases is my rear end

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, the NES controllers, and the assumed SNES controllers are the new NES/SNES Classic. You've paid for your subscription, PLUS you'd be paying for these, and the games are on the Switch, with the library able to grow as Nintendo sees fit. This makes a lot of sense; rather than bother to produce the full units plus the controllers, they just sell the controllers and the subscription (not to mention the Switch itself).

And those of us who aren't interested or don't want to spend the extra money can just play them with the joy-cons :shepface:

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Sudden Javelin posted:

The port-hole

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And those of us who aren't interested or don't want to spend the extra money can just play them with the joy-cons :shepface:

The SNES games are kinda interesting in that they'll wind up failing Nintendo's general effort to keep things accessible with a single JoyCon where possible - SNES games actually comes up one button short because there's no equivalent for a Select button.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The SNES games are kinda interesting in that they'll wind up failing Nintendo's general effort to keep things accessible with a single JoyCon where possible - SNES games actually comes up one button short because there's no equivalent for a Select button.

Yeah, gonna be weird, unless there's something to be tied to holding down one of the shoulder buttons.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Sudden Javelin posted:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

-/+ for Start, click in stick for Select

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

PC exclusive Game Freak game Giga Wrecker getting a Switch port

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tembo the badass elephant or gtfo

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
The only Giga Wrecker I want is for my rear end

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
been looking at footage of travis strikes again and hoo-de-lally this is some dire stuff

i thought the insipid "lol this is just a video game" gags from Shadows of the Damned and Killer is Dead were from someone other than Suda51 himself, but it looks like at some point he decided that sort of thing was actually funny. it's not funny! it's never ever been funny!

except for that one bit in max payne

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
You'll never guess what I want Travis to strike again

that's right!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Weedle posted:

-/+ for Start, click in stick for Select

I actually hadn't considered that :doh:.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I remember the teaser for NMH showed Travis playing Hotline Miami and it made me want to play that instead.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Waffle! posted:

I remember the teaser for NMH showed Travis playing Hotline Miami and it made me want to play that instead.

Yeah but in NMH defense almost anything should make you want to play Hotline Miami.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sudden Javelin posted:

that's right!!

Don't tell us yet, I'm still guessing

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm going to play the hell out of some SNES games on my Switch

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sudden Javelin posted:

that's right!!

Talk about a super smash bro

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sudden Javelin posted:

that's right!!

The...

The butt

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Over There posted:

I'm going to play the hell out of some SNES games on my Switch

:yeah:

Can't wait!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just beat Chrono Trigger on mine. That's a good loving game, I hope they put it on there.

edit: this is not an unsubtle brag about hacking my switch, I mean it

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 17, 2019

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Alan_Shore posted:

Is this a new trend for parents to want games to be super easy for their kids? When a lot of us were kids games were brutal and unfair and we still love them. Hell at 5 I had to put a cassette tape into the computer and wait 20 minutes for a super poo poo hard game to load and I loved it

I mean I grew up on the NES and still probably defend that era of games more than most people in this thread and even I think this is bad. Kids today got a lot of options for games and it's good that they can pick and choose to play what suits their interests.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Sudden Javelin posted:

that's right!!

Three strikes you're out Travis

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but those suggestions are based on a combination of what's popular and your own search history.

Mine does not have that particular suggestion, it just goes fanart, Link, Prince Sidon vore like a normal person

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

RandomFerret posted:

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but those suggestions are based on a combination of what's popular and your own search history.

Mine does not have that particular suggestion, it just goes fanart, Link, Prince Sidon vore like a normal person

Oh god, well luckily I just found that image.

Seems like my results are more tame.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

RandomFerret posted:

:wtc:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I’m noticing a pattern here

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lmao I got the exact same

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
god drat this horny thread

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

On the downside: I've been outed as a creep I guess

On the upside: pregnant fat link anime

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You don't really "get" for profit-corporations, do you?

Ever since when have they cared about redundancy? I'm not saying it's gonna happen but there's zero reason to believe otherwise either

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Nintendo Switch: would you smooch a shark

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
The only thick fat pregnant anime link I want is for my rear end

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oxxidation posted:

Nintendo Switch: would you smooch a shark

I would use Smoochum against Sharpedo

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Over There posted:

god drat this horny thread

I saw what happened to the AGDQ thread. I don't want no part of this poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RandomFerret posted:

only if you actually use google with a google account and cookies and so on though, you can get the same results as the image by searching in an incognito window. in other words,
these are actually the most popular searches. ps: don't try searching for yoshi