Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
man I love talking about hairy balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
the page snipe of the century

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Biomute posted:

"Cancelled" as in being considered non-woke. He gets a lot of poo poo for being transphobic, weird on male bisexuality and, I think, a bit simplistic in his sex-positivity.

Iirc, he was called on those, did a big mea culpa and did better, but the Tumblr brigade won't let the initial posts go because "that's what he really thinks".

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Renegret posted:

I don't get why electric "body" trimmers hate mentioning if their product is any good for your ballsack. So instead your'e stuck making due with an eyebrow trimmer that doesn't work because the packaging wasn't clear enough. One day I got frustrated and bought a $20 bikini line trimmer for myself and it worked wonders.

Anyway that's my rant for the day.

Seriously? You got a link? I use an epilator on my pits and legs but aint no way that thing's going near my nuts

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Ziv Zulander posted:

Seriously? You got a link? I use an epilator on my pits and legs but aint no way that thing's going near my nuts

No, I grabbed some random piece of poo poo off the shelf at walmart. And it was better than the multiple $30-$50 name brand things I've tried off of amazon.

It's not a "silky smooth skin" kind of trimmer, it leaves short stubble that you can either easily go over with a razor, or leave it if you're like me and don't want your privates looking like they belong to a pre-teen

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just buy a 5 blade razor and shave in the bath tub.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
At least Nair girl's boyfriend has a good excuse to ask for anal, the most perfect and intimate form of sex condoned by G-d himself (that's why Mary is still a virgin, anal).

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Let's talk more about pubes

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

El_Elegante posted:

You are creating open wounds literally every time you shave, they are just too small to see with the naked eye. Your body’s response to chemically or mechanically removing a layer of skin and hair is inflammation, which is subject to individual variation but usually involves at least some discomfort.
Use a razor to shave, not a belt sander.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Yawgmoth posted:

Use a razor to shave, not a belt sander.

Please don’t kinkshame.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Yossarian posted:

Let's talk more about pubes

during a beej i just swallow them. im already about to swallow like 4tbsp of cum who am I fronting for?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I had an X Ray done on me when I went to the hospital, now experiencing extreme discomfort and sharp pains.

quote:

I had an X Ray done on me when I went to the hospital for minor lower back pain 2 days ago. The test was done in the area of my stomach. The X Ray tech took a total of 7, "pictures" with the X Ray. I now feel extreme discomfort on my insides, including random sharp pains all over my stomach. Is it possible the X Ray tech could of had the machine set to give out a higher dose of radiation than usual? The tech was acting very weird and rubbed me the wrong way from the start. Could this be a case of a nurse playing, "Angel of Death"? This is a serious question. Thank you. USA.

In the replies:

quote:

Re: your legal question, I'm guessing you want to sue? You can sue anyone for anything, doesn't mean you have a case. In this case, folks here have told you how impossible it is that you received a damaging dose of radiation, but you're welcome to consult attorneys or pursue it on your own if you're determined. It will be a waste of time and money.

Otherwise, I noticed you've been doing some wood staining recently. I'm not a doctor, but wood stains are toxic and need to be applied in a well ventilated area. If you didn't wear proper safety equipment and you stained that entire guitar in the corner of your garage, the wood stain and other solvent fumes might explain your stomach cramps.

quote:

What else do you think I can do at this point?

EDIT: NO, I want my loving life back. EDIT 2: Don't pull stuff about staining. This is way more, "Acute". EDIT 3: You are not suppose to feel this way after an X Ray. EDIT 4: I was wearing a bandanna around my nose and mouth when staining in a well ventilated room. EDIT 5: Staining only lasted a total of 3 minutes, in a well ventilated area. EDIT 6: I guess we just should never question authority. EDIT 7: We all know which side you would take.

:psyduck:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm the nurse playing "Angel of Death"

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Straight White Shark posted:

I'm the nurse playing "Angel of Death"

gently caress! Nobody had done a muzak version of "angel of death".

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Uh, how the gently caress is a bandana gonna do anything for fumes?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I was wearing a bandana!!!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

nurse likes Slayer so what

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
idk if it's the poor syntax, weird medical complaint, unwarranted paranoia, or the 7 edits, but x-ray crank really sets off my "prodromal schizo" alarm

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for sticking to my guns that an artist twerking on stage instead of performing is hoe sh**?

Was talking with the wife how I enjoy this artist for focusing music instead of looks or sex, and went on to say I feel an artist who during her set, stopped mixing and twerked was "doing hoe poo poo".

Now I'm all for women (and men) to act however they want. But when you act a way, things come along with it. I made it clear I don't think "she's asking for it" or any other over used sexist remake blaming women (no one deserves to be assaulted for any reason). I just think you are a hoe. In the modern use of the slang (being over sexualized and using it as a negative).

My wife lost it. Claims I'm sexist and have no place to say that.

I'm really confused. I don't care who's a hoe. I just said she was acting in a hoe way and when I go to your concert i came for your music not a strip show. I also stated if I was in tight boxers and swing my dick around on stage that's the same poo poo. How is this sexist? I just don't think it's classy and I look down at it. And I feel I'm allowed.

Edit : so after the first few comments rolled in I did see an issue with what I said. So I went back to my wife and apologized with something along the lines of " I understand hoe was not the term that should be used. It's a term that has been used to degrade and hold women down and I apologize for trying to defend it by saying a man could be and act like a hoe. It's no different then calling a black person a friend of the family and arguing that its not due to race but because they are being loud and ignorant and a white person can be a friend of the family too (my best friend is black and she knows I feel strongly so I tried to show that I do understand it wasn't acceptable) she claims that's not the issue. I'm hoping she said that out of anger (she's stubborn but I love her) than truth but who knows. Thank you all for trying to help me build upon my ability to express how I feel without sounding like it's 1950.

Edit 2 : so slot of people are misreading my edit so I wanna clarify that too. My point in my apology was basically since I'm very close with an African American to the point I understand why some people feel "all lives matter " is upsetting, I should have realized how rationalizing the use of the word " ho" by men can be a ho too had no standing. Further more the word is solely a derogatory term for women and shouldn't have been said

So. If I get why the use of the n word, no matter the context, can be hurtful, I should of known "ho" and plenty of other words can be just as hurtful to others as well.

If you are still confused ask cause I ramble and dig my own grave often.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Beachcomber posted:

Iirc, he was called on those, did a big mea culpa and did better, but the Tumblr brigade won't let the initial posts go because "that's what he really thinks".

Did he ever get called out on that racist tirade he went on over prop 22? That's when I stopped giving a poo poo about him.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

QuarkJets posted:

I had an X Ray done on me when I went to the hospital, now experiencing extreme discomfort and sharp pains.

I'm guessing kidney stones.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

cumshitter posted:

At least Nair girl's boyfriend has a good excuse to ask for anal, the most perfect and intimate form of sex condoned by G-d himself (that's why Mary is still a virgin, anal).

People of any gender who don't at least bleach their assholes are gross

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for refusing to give preferential treatment to a "famous" rap group at our after hours diner? Boss is furious with me.

So bear with me in this one, I don't feel like the rear end in a top hat but who knows, boss my have a legitimate complaint.

I work at a 24 hour diner but since we are right down the street from our University town's party district, by far the most lucrative hours are between about midnight and 7 am with a real peak between 2 and 4 AM. Students and club goers have eaten at our restaurant for 60 years and up until recently it was owned by the same family. I worked for both the old family and the new owner and things have changed dramatically. Old family's basic rule was every single customer gets treated equally. For example we get a 30 minute wait list every Thursday, Friday and Saturday and old owners were somewhat famous for making a presidential candidate who was wanting to dine with our teams football coach wait over an hour for his table.

New owner is a little bit more social media savvy and he'll let our city's famous instagramers, members of the football and basketball team, his friends, etc... but he's never formally revoked the "everyone gets treated equally rule" because most of our customers love it.

So Saturday night I was working the host section and working as manager, at about 1am we had a 45 minute wait list and kitchen, busing and wait staff were all busting our asses to get people in and out. All of the sudden an entire entourage was standing in the front of the line just acting like entire self entitled douche bags. It created a minor stir in the restaurant as I guess these guys are famous enough to get noticed but it wasn't anything like an A lister like Drake or Cardi B popped in. The manager of this group came up to me and said they'd like to be sat. I told them we had a wait list and its the policy that there's no special treatment. The manager pulled the "do you know who we are and what we can do for you" line and I told him he could see by the people that were in line out into the parking lot in January that we really didn't need any help and I'd be happy to put their name on the list. Then the "star" of the group came up to talk to me and he was just a total obnoxious piece of poo poo telling me that he would put me on Instagram "in a bad way dooooodde….." and that he and his crew were hungry. I told him I'd take his name and call him when his spot came up. He basically said as loud as he could "gently caress this poo poo we're going to Denny's" and then left without causing any more trouble. I had to ask another person who he actually was to find his Instagram to see if he blasted us but so far nothing.

So I got off shift at 8am the next morning and by 10 my boss was blowing up my phone asking me how I'd made such a horrendous mistake and basically furious because I'd "blown" so much free publicity by not letting this group get preferential treatment at HIS restaurant. I told him about the policy and he told me (and I quote) "that policy was loving stupid and you're loving stupid if you think we're still enforcing it, use your loving brain."

I calmly asked if he'd put it in writing because those of us who'd been around for a few years were very used to the old way and he told me (paraphrasing) "it would be a public relations night mare to OFFICIALLY change something like that so he relied on his managers to not be loving idiots every once in a while."

He didn't fire me which is good because I really need the job but I'm loving pissed that he talked to me like that. But worried I could have just been a little more flexible and avoided the whole situation.

basically AITA?

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob
/r/relationpubes: I stopped shaving, but found it difficult to Nair my vag

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (F22) Shaved my head with fiance's (M26) consent. I loved it till I realized he doesn't like it. Now I don't know what to do.

I used to shave my head all the time in high school and loved it. I had been wanting to do it again for a while now and have only kept my hair a bit longer for my fiance. After talking to my fiance today I finally decided to do it again. I now regret it so much. I feel ugly to him. Maybe this sounds weird, but I feel like a destroyed myself. It was different when I was single and I could do what ever I wanted and not care what others thought. I feel selfish and ugly because, even though my fiance said he didn't mind what I did with my hair, my shaved head is not his favorite, and I now feel very unattractive in his eyes. I guess I just didn't think of that before I didn't it and now it's all gone. What's sad is if I were single I would be absolutely loving this look I have going right now. I guess in a way I censored myself a lot over the years even though he says I don't have to... I feel conflicted that I am so affected by his opinion. The only thing I can think to do is to just wear my wigs till it grows out enough in a couple months to style it into a sleek pixie.. but I don't know how I can hang in there till then. I guess I'm a bit distraught.. partly because I had been wanting to do so long only for it to blow up in my face. I am not mad at him. We can't help what we like or are attracted too. He pretty much seems unaffected by it all even though he has said its not his favorite, and I know he loves me no matter what. Dispute that I am just angry with myself..Has anyone else done something like this? I'd love some advice on how to handle this situation emotionally and pragmaticly...

TLDR: Shaved my head with fiances consent like I used to be for we met. I loved it at first, but now hate it it because my fiances is pretty eh about it. I am distraught and conflicted, and am not sure how to cope as I wait for my hair to grow out into a pixie cut. Advice on how to emotionally and pragmaticly handle this is welcome.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
https://www.msn.com/en-sg/news/worl...iSjW?li=AAaGkVj

quote:

Man stabbed 13 times by his girlfriend PROPOSES to her in Russian court as she is about to be sentenced for nearly killing him

I'm on mobile it's too hard to quote the whole thing

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (F22) Shaved my head with fiance's (M26) consent. I loved it till I realized he doesn't like it. Now I don't know what to do.
"reddit help, why do people keep telling me to put a 19th century US political party on my head while my hair grows out again?"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refusing to give preferential treatment to a "famous" rap group at our after hours diner? Boss is furious with me.
Maybe I missed something but I'm pretty solidly rooting for this one.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

that dude is going to show up with a case of slim fast and a PPL workout after that woman mentions wanting to lose some weight and you guys know it

good being overweight is bad for you

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for sticking to my guns that an artist twerking on stage instead of performing is hoe sh**?

Was talking with the wife how I enjoy this artist for focusing music instead of looks or sex, and went on to say I feel an artist who during her set, stopped mixing and twerked was "doing hoe poo poo".

Now I'm all for women (and men) to act however they want. But when you act a way, things come along with it. I made it clear I don't think "she's asking for it" or any other over used sexist remake blaming women (no one deserves to be assaulted for any reason). I just think you are a hoe. In the modern use of the slang (being over sexualized and using it as a negative).

I'm really confused. I don't care who's a hoe. I just said she was acting in a hoe way and when I go to your concert i came for your music not a strip show. I also stated if I was in tight boxers and swing my dick around on stage that's the same poo poo. How is this sexist? I just don't think it's classy and I look down at it. And I feel I'm allowed.

Edit : so after the first few comments rolled in I did see an issue with what I said. So I went back to my wife and apologized with something along the lines of " I understand hoe was not the term that should be used. It's a term that has been used to degrade and hold women down and I apologize for trying to defend it by saying a man could be and act like a hoe. It's no different then calling a black person a friend of the family and arguing that its not due to race but because they are being loud and ignorant and a white person can be a friend of the family too (my best friend is black and she knows I feel strongly so I tried to show that I do understand it wasn't acceptable) she claims that's not the issue. I'm hoping she said that out of anger (she's stubborn but I love her) than truth but who knows. Thank you all for trying to help me build upon my ability to express how I feel without sounding like it's 1950.

Edit 2 : so slot of people are misreading my edit so I wanna clarify that too. My point in my apology was basically since I'm very close with an African American to the point I understand why some people feel "all lives matter " is upsetting, I should have realized how rationalizing the use of the word " ho" by men can be a ho too had no standing. Further more the word is solely a derogatory term for women and shouldn't have been said

So. If I get why the use of the n word, no matter the context, can be hurtful, I should of known "ho" and plenty of other words can be just as hurtful to others as well.

lol keep your hos in check dude!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Charles Get-Out posted:

People of any gender who don't at least bleach their assholes are gross

I've had mine bleached so much that's it's airport tarmac white. I don't even know what my butthole looks like anymore because it is reflects all light. Lovers have described it as "like a mirror, but not, and I can vaguely see the face of God in it."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

during a beej i just swallow them. im already about to swallow like 4tbsp of cum who am I fronting for?

Uhh 60ml is a quarter cup, lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

cumshitter posted:

I've had mine bleached so much that's it's airport tarmac white. I don't even know what my butthole looks like anymore because it is reflects all light. Lovers have described it as "like a mirror, but not, and I can vaguely see the face of God in it."

God is a bleached-white rear end in a top hat

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Love to break out the n-word.
Loooooove to cite my one black friend.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Renegret posted:

man I love talking about hairy balls

Frankly I respect the opinion of Mr Cumshitter, Esquire more on this specific matter.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Son’s (8M) father (29M) backed out of a promised Disneyland trip. Son is absolutely heartbroken. What do I do?

quote:

Hi all, a friend of mine recommended I join Reddit and post here for advice.

My ex-husband (let’s call him Peter*) promised to take our son (Dylan*) to Disneyland in the US for his 8th birthday. He brought it up around six months ago. This isn’t the first time he’s made a big commitment and not stuck to his word, and this was a major factor in our break up roughly three years ago.

I asked him repeatedly over the last six months if he was 100% sure, and to not get Dylan’s hopes up for no reason. He assured me he had the money and not to stress. But I had a gut feeling it just wasn’t going to happen.

However, last month I had a conversation with Peter and he advised that he’s bought the flights/accommodation/tickets totaling around $3,600USD, so started to believe that it was going to happen.

Last weekend I took my son to the mall to buy him a suitcase and travel items. I’ve finalized his passport (which I had to pay for) and the travel visa. I’m a single mum living paycheck to paycheck so these have been huge expenses for me. But it was worth it to see the excitement on my son’s face.

Well, lo and behold, just TWO DAYS before Dylan’s birthday and TWO DAYS before they were supposed to fly out, Peter texts me and his excuse is he can’t get time off work but he’ll ‘make it up to him’. I did not reply to the text.

Reddit, I knew it. I just knew this would happen. He didn’t even have the decency to call me. He left me the one to deliver the news. And the worst part of all, I have nothing planned for my son’s birthday because he was supposed to be spending it with his dad.

Guys, I’m so proud of Dylan. Despite being obviously disappointed, he took the news like a champion. We spent the day together playing his favorite video games and baking cookies. I didn’t know what else to do. But tonight after he went to bed, I walked past and heard the quietest sobs coming from his room. I immediately went in and gave him the biggest mama-bear hug I could and after a chat he wiped his eyes and fell asleep.

So now I sit here, in the living room on my computer, with tears streaming down my face as I write this. Resisting the urge to punch a hole in the wall. Resisting the urge to call Peter and let him have it. Tomorrow while Dylan is at his nanna’s I have to return his suitcase and travel items (thankfully I trusted my initial instinct and kept the receipts). I keep thinking about when he goes back to school and all the kids are going to be asking about his trip and it breaks my heart that he’s going to have to re-live this again. I know it’s just a holiday but as a parent, seeing my son so upset is gut-wrenching.

I feel like I've failed as a parent for letting this happen. I wish I had the money to take him to Disneyland myself. But I’ve had to accept that is not the case so I desperately need advice. How do I deal with Peter? How do I help my son get through this?

Sorry for the rant and thanks for reading. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
*Names have been changed

TL;DR - Ex-husband promised our son a trip to Disneyland for his 8th birthday. Backed out at the last minute and son is devastated. Looking for advice on how to proceed with both my ex and son.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/deep-thoughts-disneyland/2859826

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

spacetoaster posted:

No. That is absolutely not "like many 24 year olds". That's just an abusive rear end in a top hat who should have been gone within a week.

What I understand from this is that you either don't know many 24 year olds or you are 24 years old. This world contains an infinite number of failson/faildaughter loser sponges who don't want to work and are always the victim

Blazing Ownager posted:

I would like to start a petition that using the word Toxic in any context other than toxic materials is grounds for having your toenails pulled out.

It's easily the most overplayed meme word of the last 2 years.

it's actually just a word. Using toxic to refer to things other than certain chemicals is exactly how language is supposed to work

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I used to shave my head all the time in high school and loved it. I had been wanting to do it again for a while now and have only kept my hair a bit longer for my fiance. After talking to my fiance today I finally decided to do it again. I now regret it so much. I feel ugly to him. Maybe this sounds weird, but I feel like a destroyed myself. It was different when I was single and I could do what ever I wanted and not care what others thought. I feel selfish and ugly because, even though my fiance said he didn't mind what I did with my hair, my shaved head is not his favorite, and I now feel very unattractive in his eyes. I guess I just didn't think of that before I didn't it and now it's all gone. What's sad is if I were single I would be absolutely loving this look I have going right now. I guess in a way I censored myself a lot over the years even though he says I don't have to... I feel conflicted that I am so affected by his opinion. The only thing I can think to do is to just wear my wigs till it grows out enough in a couple months to style it into a sleek pixie.. but I don't know how I can hang in there till then. I guess I'm a bit distraught.. partly because I had been wanting to do so long only for it to blow up in my face. I am not mad at him. We can't help what we like or are attracted too. He pretty much seems unaffected by it all even though he has said its not his favorite, and I know he loves me no matter what. Dispute that I am just angry with myself..Has anyone else done something like this? I'd love some advice on how to handle this situation emotionally and pragmaticly...

TLDR: Shaved my head with fiances consent like I used to be for we met. I loved it at first, but now hate it it because my fiances is pretty eh about it. I am distraught and conflicted, and am not sure how to cope as I wait for my hair to grow out into a pixie cut. Advice on how to emotionally and pragmaticly handle this is welcome.

buy a wig

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

Maybe I missed something but I'm pretty solidly rooting for this one.

Yeah, this guy is doing God’s work. I’m curious about who the famous people were though. I’m betting they aren’t actually that big of a deal, not that it really matters.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
doesn't sound like the diner would really benefit from more publicity anyway if there are queues out the door and it takes an hour to get served.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

Straight White Shark posted:

Son’s (8M) father (29M) backed out of a promised Disneyland trip. Son is absolutely heartbroken. What do I do?

I asked him repeatedly over the last six months if he was 100% sure, and to not get Dylan’s hopes up for no reason. He assured me he had the money and not to stress. But I had a gut feeling it just wasn’t going to happen.

She should have waited to tell her son until the day his dad actually showed up at the door with the tickets and his luggage.