Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

not after Larch killed them :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Nenonen posted:

not after Larch killed them :patriot:

One should not underestimate the stupidity of horses, and their unique ability to randomly forget that they've been around flying insects their entire life, FLIP THE gently caress OUT BECAUSE A BEE LANDED ON THEM AND MAJESTICALLY RUN RIGHT OFF A CLIFF.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Guyver posted:

"Do it or you're fired"

There was a guy here that dropped a saw into the water off a barge and the foreman told him to go get it or find a new job. He was a decent swimmer so he jumped in. Current drug him under the barge and they found him a couple days later.

Was he okay?

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

Ghostnuke posted:

please don't kill bees, friend.

This was 32 years ago. Nobody knew it was an issue then.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Relentless posted:

One should not underestimate the stupidity of horses, and their unique ability to randomly forget that they've been around flying insects their entire life, FLIP THE gently caress OUT BECAUSE A BEE LANDED ON THEM AND MAJESTICALLY RUN RIGHT OFF A CLIFF.

Poor Pickles. Thought of bees, freaked the gently caress out, and died.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER
I killed bees because a small Japanese tourist got thrown from a horse and broke her leg. The horse was spooked by the bees.

Also because I was 16 years old and I was trying to prove myself as a cowboy. For some reason that was important in my smooth brain at that time.

This was 1986 people. Calm down. poo poo got dealt with very differently then, because we weren't aware.

Since then, as a carpenter, I have encountered hives several times. What happens is we locate a local bee keeper and they come and collect them.

It did hurt though. Physically those bees got a little bit of just revenge for our appropriation of their habitat for commercial purposes. It hurt emotionally for me personally because I don't like killing things. I see myself in everything.

I killed a lot of things at that ranch, in mostly very dangerous conditions.

I just thought it was a good story.

Larch fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 17, 2019

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Larch posted:

I just thought it was a good story.

It is a good story, just maybe needed a bit more of that context :v:

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Normally I would assume this is sarcasm, this being the internet and SA in particular, but just in case I will clarify that the most reasonable interpretation is that the coworker in question was found dead.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/xu0N40y.gifv

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
now that's a champion trucklefuckler if i ever done saw one

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009
I'm guessing a boulder went bouncing merrily down a hill and managed to wedge itself in there. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a weirder explanation, though, thanks to what I've seen in this thread in the past. :j:

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat
One in a million shot, doc.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm guessing the truck backed onto a decorative rock next to someone's driveway and the driver assumed he just hit the curb or something.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Rosemont posted:

I'm guessing a boulder went bouncing merrily down a hill and managed to wedge itself in there. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a weirder explanation, though, thanks to what I've seen in this thread in the past. :j:

Kinda looks like a landscaping stone, maybe he took a turn justtt right

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

Rosemont posted:

Probably just tail whip. Truck makes (probably a left) turn, trailer pivots on the tandems which swings the rear end over the rock sitting on the shoulder, underride bar snags rock as it moves into the turn. It also looks like the vertical members on the guard kept the rock centered as is was being dragged.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rosemont posted:

I would put good money on “the shipping yard had a strategically placed boulder to protect their infrastructure from truckers cutting corners”.

This driver is a cut above the rest.

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

CrazySalamander posted:

Normally I would assume this is sarcasm, this being the internet and SA in particular, but just in case I will clarify that the most reasonable interpretation is that the coworker in question was found dead.

I should have worked that in.

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer

FuturePastNow posted:

I'm guessing the truck backed onto a decorative rock next to someone's driveway and the driver assumed he just hit the curb or something.

The rear face of the underride bar looks totally undamaged, so

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

Kinda looks like a landscaping stone, maybe he took a turn justtt right

it's most likely this.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
Oooh, that is a rock. At a glance, it looked like a smushed roll of hay, which seemed like minor truckfuckling at best. I mean, at least hay getting wedged under the Mansfield bar seemed less stupid than it being a loving boulder.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Oooh, that is a rock. At a glance, it looked like a smushed roll of hay, which seemed like minor truckfuckling at best. I mean, at least hay getting wedged under the Mansfield bar seemed less stupid than it being a loving boulder.
If your hay is scraping lines in asphalt you have problems.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hay is for trucklefucklers

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

slight OSHA, at least something interesting I encountered on the job site:

Here is a bee nest that scared the living gently caress out of a coworker, when he made the cut that revealed it:

'twas sweet

Bees were found and identified as wild honey bees back in August, we left the spar for months until the bees peaced out...im sure they found another dead rear end tree around that neighborhood.

I’m glad you didn’t burn them to death.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mozi posted:

now that's a champion trucklefuckler if i ever done saw one

Dude's got huge stones

Larch
Dec 20, 2004

BEE LOVER

Piggy Smalls posted:

I’m glad you didn’t burn them to death.

We all are buddy. Thanks for letting us know where you stand on the bee murder issue.

We're all very proud of your stance.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Larch posted:

We all are buddy. Thanks for letting us know where you stand on the bee murder issue.

We're all very proud off your stance.

Hey man, don't get pissy with us just 'cause we don't have the fuckin' bee massacre at wounded knee on our conscience

Their little bee screams echoing in your ears...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mozi posted:

hay is for trucklefucklers

better for cows

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Does someone have the script/addin to shrink these down? I'm using SALR but it doesn't work on gifv's I guess?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Larch posted:

Too late. You're a war criminal now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Larch posted:

Haha someone bought ya a gift.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fun facts: Schneider chose orange for their trucks because hunting is a big part of Wisconsin culture, and the hunters wear blaze orange for safety. It was meant to emphasis the safety culture of the company.

So this is extra funny because of that to me.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
I thought that was a very oddly striped road and it took me 3 viewings to get it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://i.imgur.com/ByL7KxK.mp4

deong posted:

Does someone have the script/addin to shrink these down? I'm using SALR but it doesn't work on gifv's I guess?

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name               shorter videos
// @namespace          [url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/[/url]
// @description        asdf
// @include            [url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/*[/url]
// @grant              GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle("video { max-height: 700px; } ");

window.addEventListener("load", function() {
    $("video").attr("controls", "controls");
}, false);
Remove the url tags the forums added.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
I'm the guy on the ladder who doesn't seem to give a gently caress that he just got dumped on by...sprinkler water? Sewage?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's probably dirt and dust that accumulated on the top of the ceiling tiles. But yeah he doesn't give fucks.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I wonder how long they tried to keep that buffet open after the roof caved in.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

duz posted:

Remove the url tags the forums added.

I had this installed but it wasn't working, thanks for the tip.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FuturePastNow posted:

I wonder how long they tried to keep that buffet open after the roof caved in.

Given my experience... as long as possible. Most places won't do poo poo unless the health inspector explicitly says not to.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Relentless posted:

One should not underestimate the stupidity of horses
horses are literally one step removed from moose for how dumb and dangerous they are.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Pretty close to actually rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

duz posted:

https://i.imgur.com/ByL7KxK.mp4

code:
// ==UserScript==