Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Edit ignore!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chairface posted:

As a longtime Jiro player.... The dude's entire reason for being here and doing all this poo poo is Kento and yet he doesn't even have a reaction to watching Bain kill Kento. I get Wordsmith got stuck trying to wrap up a lot of dangling plot threads but drat.

Payday: Into the Heister-verse

Somewhere along the line a different Jiro showed up and killed the early-story Jiro because he killed his bosses. Heister-verse Jiro never had any reasons to have lost his loyalty to the Yakuza and so he was sent into the portal to kill his counterpart as revenge because the Yakuza is a transdimensional crime organization and an injury to bosses in one universe is an injury to bosses in all universes.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Stop! Everything you said is plausible and it hurts.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
RIFTS: Payday

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

FAUXTON posted:

Somewhere along the line a different Jiro showed up and killed the early-story Jiro because he killed his bosses. Heister-verse Jiro never had any reasons to have lost his loyalty to the Yakuza and so he was sent into the portal to kill his counterpart as revenge because the Yakuza is a transdimensional crime organization and an injury to bosses in one universe is an injury to bosses in all universes.

Looper was a good movie.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

FAUXTON posted:

lol

I'm standing by my "Heister Hell" interpretation, which means the plotline unfolds according to Jeremy Bearimy rules.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I am gradually expanding out the plot and design documentation for Payday 3.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I am gradually expanding out the plot and design documentation for Payday 3.
How's the fundraiser to acquire the IP going?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

maswastaken posted:

How's the fundraiser to acquire the IP going?

well lets take a look at their stocks and get an idea of what it'd take...

how much change you got on you?

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 12, 2019

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tulip posted:

lol

I'm standing by my "Heister Hell" interpretation, which means the plotline unfolds according to Jeremy Bearimy rules.

That sounds about right too, given the way the brokedick POS drills work

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

how much change you got on you?
Not enough for a majority. I'd need 40.4 million Class A shares.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

so we need to heist 5.25 million dollars then, ez

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

mp5 posted:

so we need to heist 5.25 million dollars then, ez

Just cook meth, is ez moni

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Me when I carry a non infamy level 50(with body bags and the free bow), 68, and 99 at the same time and succeed with a +6% boost for them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkBFl151KQI

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm getting back into this having not played since ~2016. Did anything big change besides the menu interface? Is a tricked-out M4, Para or Loco still the answer to everything? I see PocoHUD is dead but it looks like the vanilla game picked up all the good stuff?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

I'm getting back into this having not played since ~2016. Did anything big change besides the menu interface? Is a tricked-out M4, Para or Loco still the answer to everything? I see PocoHUD is dead but it looks like the vanilla game picked up all the good stuff?

1) Yes, you've missed a ton of stuff including several complete overhauls of how skills, decks and weapons work as well as thousands of smaller changes.

2) The Loco is still good but these days the hotness is LMGs, auto shotguns and Dragon's Breath ammo.

3) Wilko got hired by Overkill and integrated a lot of good stuff.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Shumagorath posted:

flamethrowers are now op and will never run out of ammo, go buy one in your secondary slot.

DMRs like the m308 and galant and similar mods like the dmr conversion for the CAR got their ammo pickup absolutely neutered. Little friend still has a 0.8ish pickup for its grenade launcher

+30% silencer bonus damage is gone in exchange for sniper rifles turning corridors into cop bowling alleys. snipers themselves are much better now.

Loco is still good but there's a ton more options now, including a 44 ammo mosconi for secondary. also akimbo judges are a thing. Union(F2000) is a straight upgrade to the lion's roar(speedpull mag) and kicks rear end if you wanna be boring and use a normal assault rifle instead of the old car4 meta

Also LMGs are ludicrous now, just remember to use your bipod or get in melee range with them otherwise

one down is still meme hard difficulty

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Be wary of a lot of the newer guns having extremely neutered pickup in exchange for a paltry amount of extra ammo.

Flamethrowers still don't hold a candle to dragons breath shotguns thanks to Overkill's general incompetence at balance.

Also, Wilko has since left (as part of a general drain of talent) and the final year of updates has been of highly questionable quality.

On the plus side Jules is somewhere else loving up a different game.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
The Elon Musk knockoff flamethrower whips rear end :colbert:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

HebrewMagic posted:

The Elon Musk knockoff flamethrower whips rear end :colbert:

A blow torch has better range than that hunk of garbage

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ArkInBlack posted:

why don't we have a blow torch melee or something?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Shumagorath posted:

Join the goon discord, linked in the OP and right here, and we can show you the ropes.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

ArkInBlack posted:

Joke's on you, I can't get it up unless I'm bathing in the flames and screams as close as possible

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

HebrewMagic posted:

Joke's on you, I can't get it up unless I'm bathing in the flames and screams as close as possible

Use a dragons breath shotgun for that.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Reminder:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

EorayMel posted:

flamethrowers are now op and will never run out of ammo, go buy one in your secondary slot.

DMRs like the m308 and galant and similar mods like the dmr conversion for the CAR got their ammo pickup absolutely neutered. Little friend still has a 0.8ish pickup for its grenade launcher

+30% silencer bonus damage is gone in exchange for sniper rifles turning corridors into cop bowling alleys. snipers themselves are much better now.

Loco is still good but there's a ton more options now, including a 44 ammo mosconi for secondary. also akimbo judges are a thing. Union(F2000) is a straight upgrade to the lion's roar(speedpull mag) and kicks rear end if you wanna be boring and use a normal assault rifle instead of the old car4 meta

Also LMGs are ludicrous now, just remember to use your bipod or get in melee range with them otherwise

one down is still meme hard difficulty

What? What kind of loadout are you running where a 249 or MG42 isn’t a laser?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What? What kind of loadout are you running where a 249 or MG42 isn’t a laser?

I use the brenner and im waddling around in an ironman suit as a frenzerker anarchist with inspire ace instead of technician/oppressor skills for automatics.
40ish accuracy from the hip, but bipod mode turns it into surgical precision

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You only really need to go halfway up the oppressor tree to pick up the tier 3 reload skill, though the Brenner has a fairly fast tactical reload so you only really need the hipfire accuracy skill in tier 2. IIRC that skill also applies an accuracy bonus to bipod mode.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

EorayMel posted:

I use the brenner and im waddling around in an ironman suit as a frenzerker anarchist with inspire ace instead of technician/oppressor skills for automatics.
40ish accuracy from the hip, but bipod mode turns it into surgical precision

Ah, maybe it’s because I used LBV with Anarchist that I had the points for near max accuracy with it. All I know is I could take out most snipers with a quick burst.

Also I think Brenner might be the single worst LMG, so there’s that.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I managed to convince Vox that my brains are actually very cool and good, so now I'm on the Crackdown team doing all of the design/balance/math behind the upcoming weapons overhaul. If you're reading this, then that means I want to talk to YOU about guns you like and guns you hate and guns you want to be great. If you don't wanna post here, PM me if you've got Plat or track me down on the Co-Op Goons Discord.

Relevant to that particular declaration and also the recent discussion of LMGs, I recently belted out a proposal for what to do with them and I'm hungry for feedback.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kith posted:

I managed to convince Vox that my brains are actually very cool and good, so now I'm on the Crackdown team doing all of the design/balance/math behind the upcoming weapons overhaul. If you're reading this, then that means I want to talk to YOU about guns you like and guns you hate and guns you want to be great. If you don't wanna post here, PM me if you've got Plat or track me down on the Co-Op Goons Discord.

Relevant to that particular declaration and also the recent discussion of LMGs, I recently belted out a proposal for what to do with them and I'm hungry for feedback.
You must have a passion for self inflicted harm, yeesh.

I'm glad Vox is getting more people aboard, once I have the itch for Payday2 again I'm definitely going to scratch the itch Crackdown style

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Kith posted:

For LMGs I'd be okay with the old flamethrower ammo pickup-tier and/or just making the base accuracy 10 or 15 outside the bipod so they're much better specialized for defensive scenarios/not moving around much and indirectly powers up ammo bags. More for human sentry gun purposes that can also suck poo poo against snipers without proper bipod surfaces or accurate secondary. I tried out the Buzzsaw and I got over 60 accuracy without any oppressor skills which seems a tad much given the overall power of LMGs.

I think a bigger problem is poo poo like clearly inferior versions of guns(tommygun vs p90) and pistols in general(Except the 5/7 and maybe non-peacemaker revolvers.) need a lot of help, especially the half dozen gruber kurz clones™ that are practically identical. Much faster swaps/holsters and maybe faster reloads off the bat as well for finishing off a group of enemies when your primary is too slow to reload in the later half of a firefight might be a good step in the right direction.

But that's a whole separate issue/weapon class.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EorayMel posted:

I think a bigger problem is poo poo like clearly inferior versions of guns(tommygun vs p90) and pistols in general(Except the 5/7 and maybe non-peacemaker revolvers.) need a lot of help, especially the half dozen gruber kurz clones™ that are practically identical. Much faster swaps/holsters and maybe faster reloads off the bat as well for finishing off a group of enemies when your primary is too slow to reload in the later half of a firefight might be a good step in the right direction.
This reminds how I hate that the 5/7 is inexplicably the only gun that has the ability to pierce shields. I would love to see Revolvers have that power and semi-auto pistols not, rather than a rando semi-auto having it and revolvers continue to be awful in every regard.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

You must have a passion for self inflicted harm, yeesh.
I've actually been in a huge slump lately for life-related reasons and this is a nice warm-up to get me back into the swing of things. I'm very grateful to Vox and his team for letting me pitch in.

EorayMel posted:

For LMGs I'd be okay with the old flamethrower ammo pickup-tier and/or just making the base accuracy 10 or 15 outside the bipod so they're much better specialized for defensive scenarios/not moving around much and indirectly powers up ammo bags. More for human sentry gun purposes that can also suck poo poo against snipers without proper bipod surfaces or accurate secondary. I tried out the Buzzsaw and I got over 60 accuracy without any oppressor skills which seems a tad much given the overall power of LMGs.

The problem with that approach is that makes LMGs TOO niche. Like I get what direction you're aiming for but Payday 2 has too much running around chasing objectives for a player to be that static and there isn't nearly enough vertical/horizontal traverse to make something like that work because of how many defensible positions have flanking routes.

quote:

But that's a whole separate issue/weapon class.

I feel like you're missing some context here. LMGs are not the only weapons that I will be touching - I've spent the past two weeks or so grinding Payday 2 so I could build fully kitted out versions of every gun in the game to use as a baseline reference for rebalancing them. LMGs are getting special attention because they require a design solution, not just a balance solution.

Kith fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 18, 2019

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This reminds how I hate that the 5/7 is inexplicably the only gun that has the ability to pierce shields. I would love to see Revolvers have that power and semi-auto pistols not, rather than a rando semi-auto having it and revolvers continue to be awful in every regard.

Yeah Revolvers are gonna be getting some love in that regard to make up for their lacking magazine sizes.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Kith posted:

I feel like you're missing some context here. LMGs are not the only weapons that I will be touching - I've spent the past two weeks or so grinding Payday 2 so I could build fully kitted out versions of every gun in the game to use as a baseline reference for rebalancing them. LMGs are getting special attention because they require a design solution, not just a balance solution.

I see. :munch:

Although here's a confession I will proudly make for all my heisting hours: what determines "low ammo pickup" against "high ammo pickup?" Fully loaded ace? Is it random between those two points all the time?

And in your opinion, what is the #1 gun that you think needs the most help/rebalancing the most? For me it's the peacemaker.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Kith posted:

Just make sure to include something that plays well with dodge, please. Good ammo pickups, decent reload speed, but maybe low damage at longer ranges? Not sure if that's possible in Payday 2.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

EorayMel posted:

Although here's a confession I will proudly make for all my heisting hours: what determines "low ammo pickup" against "high ammo pickup?" Fully loaded ace? Is it random between those two points all the time?
Those are the maximum and minimum amounts the game can roll on pickup, without bonuses applied.

The game rounds to the nearest whole number when you get an ammo box so the average pickup tends not to be in the middle of the two.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

EorayMel posted:

And in your opinion, what is the #1 gun that you think needs the most help/rebalancing the most? For me it's the peacemaker.

The Peacemaker is a good choice for #1 bad gun thanks to that nearly eight second full reload time. I had to check it three times to make sure I had it right because it made no loving sense. For me personally though, it'd have to be the Assault Kit Gewehr 3. It's got reasonable Medium AR stats except for the fact that it still has Heavy AR pickup, leaving it with 1 | 3.5 per box as opposed to every other Medium AR's 4.5 | 8.25. The Peacemaker's awful Full Reload can be worked around by just constantly doing partials, but the only way you're going to get any use out of the G3 Asskit is by bringing Ammo Bags.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Just make sure to include something that plays well with dodge, please. Good ammo pickups, decent reload speed, but maybe low damage at longer ranges? Not sure if that's possible in Payday 2.
I have plans for dodge, but they're not going public until later. Most weapons will be getting a Concealment boost and/or adjustment as part of the overhaul (especially Light ARs), so that should tide you over until then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The Peacemaker's awful reload used to be offset by the fact that it had much higher damage than other pistols by a fairly significant margin. It could kill bulldozers on DW easily without crits and minimal skill investment back in the day.

Of course when Jules decided to normalize all the gun stats he forgot to account for the fact that nobody would ever ever use the Peacemaker again when the Matever and Bronco did the same damage.

The assault kit pickup is easily fixed with the same code they use to change pickup on DMR kits; why it was never done by Overkill officially is a mystery.