Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
I thought the reason you wouldn't kill baby Hitler is because of the butterfly effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Baby Hitler would dunk on Shapiro

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i would have sex with the baby hitler

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Dongicus posted:

i would have sex with the baby hitler

wait'll the qanon ppl get a load of liberal pervert Dongicus here!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Alan Smithee posted:

Baby Hitler would dunk on Shapiro

lol if this was a double-entendre on dunk, and if it wasn't, it is now

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

If you tax a guy who has more money than most of the world population put together then he'll only be left with more money than 99.999999999% of the world's population put together! HOW IS THAT FAIR?

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Stupidity really is the perfect defense.

"The benefit of hiring is removed" what the gently caress does this even mean? Just reading that you know that discussing anything with this moron is a waste of time.

Apparently Jeff Bezos will start putting DVDs into bubble mailers himself, sorry liberals!

Detective No. 27 posted:

He didn't give the girl a gun. He's not even consistent.

That's not a mistake.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
"Git off mah property!"* :bahgawd:

*(Property means woman in conservatese)

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman
:psyboom:
https://twitter.com/playazball/status/1085703500053458950?s=20

THE WHOLE THREAD.

plz be real... :allears:

e- dammit... thought there was a :metal:.

armchairyoda has issued a correction as of 20:22 on Jan 18, 2019

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

He's not, he posts stuff like this every time there's a conservative boycott because a brand said rape is bad or whatever

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

He's not, he posts stuff like this every time there's a conservative boycott because a brand said rape is bad or whatever

The bandaged feet are from burning his Nikes

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

:saddowns:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Brain Curry posted:

The bandaged feet are from burning his Nikes

Please post that video.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1086323366552846336

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1086351159445471232

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Detective No. 27 posted:

Please post that video.

https://www.twitter.com/playazball/status/1036785807435198464

None of it is real, but it’s hilarious.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Syd Midnight posted:

I seem to remember some gossip that came out about Mother Theresa, like she did what she did not to prevent or alleviate suffering but to prolong it, because she thought suffering was divine punishment and good for the soul, so people living poor and miserable lives was a good thing actually. I might be mistaken but it wouldn't surprise me I guess

there are a lot of ex-nuns from her order who quit because they basically thought she fetishized poverty rather than actually being interested in helping the poor. Her order would do things like when they moved into a new building theyd rip out all the existing modern plumbing and wiring so it could be more nobly poor. And most of what she did in her homes for the dying was providing “spiritual comfort” rather than, y’now, actual medical care or even basic palliative nursing.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Imagine being so lovely at your job you get fired from loving Buzzfeed.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

CPL593H posted:

buzzfeed news is pretty good, actually

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

armchairyoda posted:

:psyboom:
https://twitter.com/playazball/status/1085703500053458950?s=20

THE WHOLE THREAD.

plz be real... :allears:

e- dammit... thought there was a :metal:.

hi this is mustard and im very apoplectic :geno:

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

CPL593H posted:

Stop subtweeting baked alaska

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

It always feels good when low effort trolling returns a high-impact reward.

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
Is referncing 8 chan as your go to reference a self own?

https://twitter.com/squashpants/status/1086010887431962627

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The internet culture warriors who always self own: gamers I think

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

failing forward posted:

You can end sentences with prepositions. I give everyone permission as an English teacher.

In the New Zealand curriculum, we have this thing called moderating, where the work of senior students studying at Level 1~3 of NCEA (the equivalent of Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors in American high schools), is pencil marked by a teacher and a random sample of that marked work is checked by another teacher (it's usually up to eight pieces, but for the most part, it's the ones that are considered "borderline" between two grades that get scrutinised), who will then either agree or disagree with an explanation which provides a guideline for the remainder of the marking for the first teacher. So, in my professional opinion as another English teacher, I wholeheartedly agree. There's literally no reason why one can not end a sentence with a preposition in casual conversation or writing, and it's always struck me as a pretentious act by someone who doesn't actually understand grammar but wants to appear intelligent.

Case in point: Shapiro's critique of John Lennon's Imagine, which he states is a terrible song, but never actually successfully explains why. He keeps repeating "this is terrible, this is bad" but never articulates why it's bad. It's because he's stupid but is desperate to appear to be smart.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Vagabundo posted:

In the New Zealand curriculum, we have this thing called moderating, where the work of senior students studying at Level 1~3 of NCEA (the equivalent of Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors in American high schools), is pencil marked by a teacher and a random sample of that marked work is checked by another teacher (it's usually up to eight pieces, but for the most part, it's the ones that are considered "borderline" between two grades that get scrutinised), who will then either agree or disagree with an explanation which provides a guideline for the remainder of the marking for the first teacher. So, in my professional opinion as another English teacher, I wholeheartedly agree. There's literally no reason why one can not end a sentence with a preposition in casual conversation or writing, and it's always struck me as a pretentious act by someone who doesn't actually understand grammar but wants to appear intelligent.

Case in point: Shapiro's critique of John Lennon's Imagine, which he states is a terrible song, but never actually successfully explains why. He keeps repeating "this is terrible, this is bad" but never articulates why it's bad. It's because he's stupid but is desperate to appear to be smart.

Judging from his comments, it’s because he, as a Jew, is offended at someone denying the Christian conception of heaven. He also considers the loss of jealousy and covetousness morally objectionable.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Vagabundo posted:

There's literally no reason why one can not end a sentence with a preposition in casual conversation or writing, and it's always struck me as a pretentious act by someone who doesn't actually understand grammar but wants to appear intelligent.

Its literally because an 18th century grammatician thought that English was a mongrel language and would be respectable if it copied more latin grammar

quote:

to be fair, it is a poo poo song op

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Tell Shapiro to do Christmas music next.

"<snorts> Peace on earth? That's impossible and will never happen, idiots... ugh, the concept of good will is childish nonsense..."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it took some time but we finally found something that legit made ben shapiro mad as poo poo and embarrassed

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1086396368862748672

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1086397604492120065

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

DLC Inc posted:

it took some time but we finally found something that legit made ben shapiro mad as poo poo and embarrassed

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1086396368862748672

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1086397604492120065

https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1086397458500984832?s=19

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

Thanks, I’m cursed now! :cthulhu:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Baby Hitler is too small

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

:piss:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

:wow:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm seeing double! four baby hitlers!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Brother Entropy posted:

i'm seeing double! four baby hitlers!

It's an optical illusion. See, when you flip it upside down:

you get Baby Hitler piledriving Ben Shapiro off a cliff, thus saving the future.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its literally because an 18th century grammatician thought that English was a mongrel language and would be respectable if it copied more latin grammar

my fav part is when they changed iland to island based on an imaginary etymology

quote:

From the 16th century AD onward, English writers who were scholars of Greek and Latin literature tried to link English words to their Graeco-Latin counterparts. They did this by adding silent letters to make the real or imagined links more obvious. Thus det became debt (to link it to Latin debitum), dout became doubt (to link it to Latin dubitare), sissors became scissors and sithe became scythe (as they were wrongly thought to come from Latin scindere), iland became island (as it was wrongly thought to come from Latin insula), ake became ache (as it was wrongly thought to come from Greek akhos), and so forth.[7][8]

Mel Mudkiper posted:

to be fair, it is a poo poo song op

yea, sad to agree w/ben shapiro on this, the song's crap

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
60s and 70s hippy counter culture was some really dumb poo poo and so is that song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/libbycwatson/status/1086433588827115521