Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

freeranger posted:

If you look really close its at the front of the bike....

:hawaaaafap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

freeranger posted:

If you look really close its at the front of the bike....

hahahahaha what the gently caress this is awesome

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Managed to get my hands on a leaked photo of the front! Don't share it with others!

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

That thing is cool

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Sadly nobody can ride it

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidpoocati posted:

Sadly nobody can ride it
Because it's a Honda and it'll break after 80 feet.

Do you guys know that an American, Ricky Brabec, was in the lead in the Dakar rally after like 5 days, until his Honda broke down? And that nearly the same thing happened to him last year? And then a KTM won because Germans make better engines than Honda. Very sad bikes.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

KTM is really a superb bike manufacturer, practically on equal to Ducati.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What are the Ferrari sidepid/ Ducati fairings equivalents?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

quote:

The man appointed as the new boss of Renault's Formula 1 programme has left the French car company before even taking up his new position.

Thierry Koskas was named president of Renault Sport in November, and attended the season-closing Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on a fact-finding mission.

But 18 days after he was due to start work, Renault announced Kostas' departure from the entire group.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/46924987

Oh Are Dan. How you made a terrible mistake.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Isn't Kostas the one under investigation in Japan for fraud?

Edit: no that was Ghosn, nevermind.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rosso Corsa

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DoctorGonzo posted:

Rosso Corsa
This is quite clearly NOT what's on the 2019 Ducatis

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

freeranger posted:

Managed to get my hands on a leaked photo of the front! Don't share it with others!

Phwoar!!!

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

tuo posted:

White, until the white was too heavy and they had to scrub it off to meet regulations

Nah, that's an urban legend.
Mercedes had used unpainted cars before the 1934 Eifelrennen (the race that both von Brauhitsch and Neubauer claimed was the spot where they both, individually, had the idea to grind off the white lead paint) that spawned that and there weren't enough cars racing to the new regulations so they ran that race to Formula Libre rules anyway.

Both Mercedes and Audi started using unpainted aluminium probably because it was lighter just before the Eifelrennen at the Avusrennen, and von Brauhitsch had raced in a silver SSKL at the 1932 Avusrennen.

Neubauer made the claim in an ?Autobiography? that was absolutely choc-full of made up horseshit and then von Brauhitsch follwed along and made a competing claim in an autobiography that was also choc-full of bullshit.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My patience with this POS is wearing incredibly thin.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Diet Crack posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/46924987

Oh Are Dan. How you made a terrible mistake.

Dan will have an amazing career in Formula E in 3 seasons

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

My patience with this POS is wearing incredibly thin.

Nobody could have known attaching transmissions to engines could be so complicated

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

My mum has the same era of Corolla as yours 1500, she has mowed down an emu and done other things to it, and it still runs fine to this day.

You must really suck.

Like REALLY

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The man who killed a loving Corolla lmao

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You Am I posted:

My mum has the same era of Corolla as yours 1500, she has mowed down an emu and done other things to it, and it still runs fine to this day.

You must really suck.

Like REALLY

Here’s some fun facts you’re left out kiwi.

1. The car had 220k on it before I owned it.
2. This generation of Corolla was a separate design for the North American market and obviously in an effort to give Americans a product they’re more familiar with Toyota designed it to be a piece of poo poo.
3. It was also built in North America which in this day and age means I may as well have had Helen Keller build it fresh off a stint at British Leyland.

This thing has been a piece of poo poo since I bought it which pisses me off because I had a loving thirty year old van I sold for this that I didn’t have to touch once in my three years of owning it except for oil changes. I don’t know what Toyota was thinking at the time but this thing definitely is built like a piece of crap.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Our Ross says that the Japanese car makers failed in Formula 1 because the Japanese are too honorable and honest a people. They chose not to play Bernie[/Enzo/Hitler]'s games behind the scenes like all the Europeans do and it cost them success in the most fraudulent of sports. This paints a very positive picture of Japanese manufacturing, but Ross was not able to adequately address the question of Canadian Corollas.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Can't remember if this was brought up already, but Marc Priestley (who is still friends with some his former McLaren colleagues) claims that McLaren miscalculated the distance between the front axle and the sidepods, so the flow control mechanisms meant to clean up the wake off the front tires were rendered completely useless.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

freeranger posted:

Is that honda's testbed for engine development

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just a cold start issue but still lmao I just threw $1350 at this thing

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

track day bro! posted:

Is that honda's testbed for engine development

yes

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

On a list of vehicles that'll do 1/4mil miles without significant maintenance, did you really expect to find a Franchise Corolla?

Buy a Merc.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mick Schumacher joined the Ferrari drivers academy

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

This comes as a surprise to no one

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thanks, Ferrari PR Bot.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Just saw Our Nico in a Heineken ad, like the Jackie Stewart one. Good lad.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Did you guys know all Indycar 2018 races are uploaded to Youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjyrlrRElbQ

It's almost as if Indycar is run by forward-thinking people who recognise that PAYWALLING YOUR CONTENT WHEN IT IS HAEMORRAGING VIEWERS IS A STUPID loving IDEA.

Therefore indycar is good and should be watched and F1 is poo poo.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

NtotheTC posted:

It's almost as if Indycar is run by forward-thinking people who recognise that PAYWALLING YOUR CONTENT WHEN IT IS HAEMORRAGING VIEWERS IS A STUPID loving IDEA.

The hilarious thing is when the race finishes, you'll see some full race uploads with "TEMPORARY" in the title. They almost always vanish once the official channel uploads the video.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Wirth1000 posted:

Thanks, Ferrari PR Bot.

I only want to hear about Ferrari, and Ferrari-related news.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Frond posted:

I only want to hear about Ferrari, and Ferrari-related news.

Ferrari sucks, op

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

They're just desperate for SOMEONE to watch

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

They're just desperate for SOMEONE to watch

I mean it's working. Have you heard of DXC Technology? I have. They sponsor the race at Texas Motor Speedway. Do you think DXC care that I am aware of their brand on youtube rather than a paid Sky TV subscription?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

I mean it's working. Have you heard of DXC Technology? I have. They sponsor the race at Texas Motor Speedway. Do you think DXC care that I am aware of their brand on youtube rather than a paid Sky TV subscription?

What the gently caress is DXC Technology and do you even fall into the targeted segment of the demograph they want?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

What the gently caress is DXC Technology and do you even fall into the targeted segment of the demograph they want?

Watch the NTT IndyCar Series at Texas and find out

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope seb vettel keeps his moustache and that Liberty streams the pre season testing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
*looks to IndyCar* Hm, NTT, eh? I am now aware of this brand and would like to engage with it. Oh, they don't seem to offer anything at all in North America at a consumer level that I can engage their brand with ergo I will move on to other aspects of my life

*looks to F1* Hm, Heineken and Pirelli, eh? I'm gonna buy some Cintuarto P7's and slam back a Heineken while laughing at the old Austin Powers commercial about "Hey! Let go of my Heine!" or whatever the gently caress it was F1 rules IndyCar drools