Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The DSA should have great taste, but be less filling.

The DSA requires not only moose juice but also goose juice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The DSA should have great taste, but be less filling.
Yes there should be some administration reforms, like moving HQ out of NYC, kicking out Maria Svart for incompetence/being awful at her job, and probably hiring more than 1 person for each region point person.

And definitely focus on internal organizing because if you make your chapters more organized within the membership, then you have less chances of burnout

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

Lightning Knight posted:

Nice. I’m pretty sure KM went, I’ll ask her if she got any good pictures or video.

Who is KM?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I assume that's Koalas March, the GRS mod

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Autism Sneaks posted:

I assume that's Koalas March, the GRS mod

Yeah sorry, I meant Koalas March.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

achillesforever6 posted:

And definitely focus on internal organizing because if you make your chapters more organized within the membership, then you have less chances of burnout

this seems especially important. hopefully more of the monthly dues going to local chapters will help

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

https://twitter.com/detroitdsa/status/1086394337057923078

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

this seems especially important. hopefully more of the monthly dues going to local chapters will help
Yeah it helps my chapter has a bunch of IWW people in it that help push internal organizing. We are doing frequent training sessions to teach members how to 1 on 1 with less engaged members. The hopes is to recruit some people to have a person in every committee who will one on one with members of the chapter who have interests in the subjects of x committee to get them more involved and make them more integral members of the chapter.

As someone who has pretty bad social anxiety plus aspergers syndrome the training session really helped me get through some of the issues I have with communicating with people (going to a bunch of DSA member parties has also helped out my social problems)

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/JamesClune19/status/1086474231066423296

:shuckyes:

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1086483485668319233?s=19

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/JamesClune19/status/1086420718718353409

lol the solution is to just get paid less

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah it helps my chapter has a bunch of IWW people in it that help push internal organizing. We are doing frequent training sessions to teach members how to 1 on 1 with less engaged members. The hopes is to recruit some people to have a person in every committee who will one on one with members of the chapter who have interests in the subjects of x committee to get them more involved and make them more integral members of the chapter.

As someone who has pretty bad social anxiety plus aspergers syndrome the training session really helped me get through some of the issues I have with communicating with people (going to a bunch of DSA member parties has also helped out my social problems)

he had a former union person running our chapter as well, it was a massive help and should be required to have a union rep there to help in every chapter imo

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Lightning Knight posted:

Nice. I’m pretty sure KM went, I’ll ask her if she got any good pictures or video.

She did! Including video of me yelling into a bullhorn after being blindsided by the protest leaders calling me up to speak. I think she said she will have lot of it up by tomorrow.

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

it gets better/worse

https://twitter.com/JamesClune19/status/1086480311846752256

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

i was there and it was pretty good. lotta different labor groups showed up. tlaib gave a few speeches that really got everyone going.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

all the jobs have had wages depressed to an unsustainable degree for the sake of the profit of the ownership class lmao

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Denver teachers update: the district was jerking the teaches around late into last night. There was more time to negotiate but the teachers walked away as it didn't look like the district was negotiating in good faith. They vote on the strike today, although I think it doesn't get finalized until Tuesday. Very much looking like a strike is coming.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Which of you nerds is going to the convention Im down as a possible delegate

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
im considering going but not as a delegate :shobon:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Our regional meet up got delayed/changed to the same date as the m4a barnstorm I'm helping put together so Im def not making it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dont worry surely that Walmart that mysteriously opened the week the plant closed will pay the same

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Slanderer posted:

uhh this is kinda weird, because it's a 7 paragraph apology that's mostly just throwing shade at former members, which is not a great look!
Anyway are you actually going to go to the meeting Saturday since we need at least 80 people to be there since we are trying to vote on incorporating (so individual members of our coordinating committee can't get sued by the GOP in a bullshit lawsuit) and to finally kick out the Father's Rights MRA

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

https://twitter.com/Arpwel/status/1086789916040880128?s=19

which one of you did this

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Connors mom

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

If it was one of us, I would have expected the profile photo to be of microwaves mom.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ace of Baes posted:

Connors mom

has got it going on. she’s all that I want, and I’ve tweeted so long

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mrfreeze posted:

She did! Including video of me yelling into a bullhorn after being blindsided by the protest leaders calling me up to speak. I think she said she will have lot of it up by tomorrow.

I want to see and know more about this actual activism, which I have dubbed "actualism"

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
https://twitter.com/uhshanti/status/1086890677466611712?s=19

reply to troll 4 justice

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Victory Position posted:

I want to see and know more about this actual activism, which I have dubbed "actualism"

Here's myself, a city council member from Canada, and my badass soon to be wife. The lighting is garbage but the audio is clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ4hzu61P8E

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

The quoted person already had me blocked :allears:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ruzihm posted:

same :coolfish:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Everyone who replied to donate a dollar to stop homeless camp sweeps is prolly getting a block for bullying the mayor. :ussr:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/athenogenes/status/1087169739955339265?s=19

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Ruzihm posted:

Lol she's blocking dsa chapter Twitter accounts too

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Lol she's blocking dsa chapter Twitter accounts too

I think she was already using a DSA blocklist maybe.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

I think she cares, DSA has a really outsized voice for how big it is, just by nature of being the biggest thing of its type (Actual left wing org). The number of people who got mad at AOC about dumb poo poo, mostly before she was even in office yet, were always a minority in the DSA, it was the same group of people who try to cancel everyone or people who don't believe in electoral politics at all and want to be "right". The majority of the DSA love AOC, and unless she pulls a heel turn out of nowhere there's not a strong argument not to, she's radically shifting the overton window and public discourse very quickly.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Ace of Baes posted:

I think she cares, DSA has a really outsized voice for how big it is, just by nature of being the biggest thing of its type (Actual left wing org). The number of people who got mad at AOC about dumb poo poo, mostly before she was even in office yet, were always a minority in the DSA, it was the same group of people who try to cancel everyone or people who don't believe in electoral politics at all and want to be "right". The majority of the DSA love AOC, and unless she pulls a heel turn out of nowhere there's not a strong argument not to, she's radically shifting the overton window and public discourse very quickly.

I like how there's one sentence in here related to the quote and then a bunch of unrelated rambling.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

big black turnout posted:

I like how there's one sentence in here related to the quote and then a bunch of unrelated rambling.

How is it not related? The tweet implies AOC wouldn't care about the DSA now that she's on the national stage, I disagree and noted that the kind of people in the DSA who got mad at her were in the minority.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't think the chapter plans on releasing the video, but one of our members yelled at a U.S. senator for a couple of minutes in a Mexican restaurant about the kiddie death camps on the border, and the video rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

big black turnout posted:

yes, it's definitely an AOB post