Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Szmitten posted:

That is so weirdly animated that at that thumbnail size I thought it was cel shaded 3D.

Pretty sure at least some of it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Get in the gundam, shinji

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RillAkBea posted:

Staff revealed for Hathaways Flash

https://twitter.com/gundam_hathaway/status/1083654321428811777?s=19

Written by… the same guy as Build Divers? Welp. :ohdear:

That's... worrisome.

I was looking things up about the crew when the show was still on, and while the director of Try and Build Divers at least had shown he could do good individual episodes, the writer had pretty much nothing that impressed me. Considering this was a dicey proposition to begin with, I'm pretty worried about how this is going to work out.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Hopefully because Hathaway's Flash is already written he's better at adapting things than writing things.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EthanSteele posted:

Hopefully because Hathaway's Flash is already written he's better at adapting things than writing things.

I actually doubt he can direct for poo poo - a lot of the animation for Build Divers was hilariously cheap, even for big dramatic moments.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I actually doubt he can direct for poo poo - a lot of the animation for Build Divers was hilariously cheap, even for big dramatic moments.

Writer, not director. And the Build Divers director can direct for poo poo moment to moment. If you've seen the 8th MS team battle short, or IBO episode 3, or Unicorn episode 4, you've seen him manage some pretty impressive scenes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

Writer, not director. And the Build Divers director can direct for poo poo moment to moment. If you've seen the 8th MS team battle short, or IBO episode 3, or Unicorn episode 4, you've seen him manage some pretty impressive scenes.

Oh my bad, for some reason I thought it was the same Director.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

We should do a Turn-A rewatch in April to mark its 20th anniversary. That in itself is pretty wild since it was made for the original 20th anniversary.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/cacophanus/status/1084671138813304832?s=21

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I really have nothing to add to this other than not getting the Stardust one.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The dendrobium is a heap of junk

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Arcsquad12 posted:

The dendrobium is a heap of junk

Kou might not have even wrecked the thing if they put the I-Field inside the machine like the Neue Ziel did

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

MechaX posted:

Kou might not have even wrecked the thing if they put the I-Field inside the machine like the Neue Ziel did

Kou would find a way.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm hathaways flush

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
No G, no sale.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If he'd put G on there it would have taken up the entire image.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I really appreciate the SeeD one.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Tickets for NT are now available!

But drat

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

That doesn't seem very convenient

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Just managed to catch NT (it released this week in Malaysia). And boy, they need to shrink the subs down. Having to fit three languages onto the screen kinda makes a hash of it all.

The story itself feels, hmm, really small considering the stakes involved?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's the same issue Unicorn has where proportionally the smallest conflict in the UC is treated with enormous stakes. Given that Narrative is just the next chapter of Unicorn that the author wrote years after the fact, it makes sense that it feels similarly small.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Will this NT thing be dubbed?

I just glanced at the Wiki page for the story summary. Neo Zeon and the Federation working together? I'll be shocked if it goes well but in a good way.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Will this NT thing be dubbed?

I just glanced at the Wiki page for the story summary. Neo Zeon and the Federation working together? I'll be shocked if it goes well but in a good way.

The theater listing had it dubbed. Sometimes they get it wrong though.

In other news: Anaheim Electronics still dirtbags.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Midjack posted:

The theater listing had it dubbed. Sometimes they get it wrong though.

In other news: Anaheim Electronics still dirtbags.

They spent that money building a secret full size robot for Kotobukiya

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1086677543992918016

:cop:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

NikkolasKing posted:

I'm not sure where the Wiki got that but it's incorrect. The Federation works with the Luio company, but they're not Zeon affiliated.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

RillAkBea posted:

I'm not sure where the Wiki got that but it's incorrect. The Federation works with the Luio company, but they're not Zeon affiliated.

Oh. Well that sucks. Thanks for telling me.

I'll still check it out though assuming it gets an English dub.

Though i still need to watch IBO and Thunderbolt and The Origin. Been very lazy about my Gundam lately.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

I like that the music they picked is what you'd find on a documentary about a serial killer.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

NikkolasKing posted:

Oh. Well that sucks. Thanks for telling me.

I'll still check it out though assuming it gets an English dub.

Though i still need to watch IBO and Thunderbolt and The Origin. Been very lazy about my Gundam lately.

Yeah, go watch IBO, it's flawed but great.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

New G-Generation game announced for 2019!

G-Generation CrossRays for PS4, Switch and Steam!? Nice.

While the previous game, Generations, was all universal century stuff, Cross Rays will apparently have most of the popular AUs including Wing, Seed, 00 and IBO.

First preview:
https://youtu.be/SrDlDEhvEOM
Hopefully not region locked?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RillAkBea posted:

Hopefully not region locked?

The only real region locking anymore is Steam, and usually Japan getting locked out of ports of Japanese games.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

The only real region locking anymore is Steam, and usually Japan getting locked out of ports of Japanese games.

I meant the Youtube video, but true nonetheless.

Full series list: (Bold entries have story mode scenarios)
- Gundam Wing
- Gundam Wing: G-Unit
- Gundam Wing: Battlefield of Pacifists
- Gundam Wing: Glory of Losers
- Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
- Gundam SEED
- Gundam SEED MSV
- Gundam SEED Astray
- Gundam SEED Astray R (Gerbera 150 anyone?)
- Gundam SEED Astray B
- Gundam SEED X Astray
- Gundam SEED Destiny
- Gundam SEED Destiny-MSV
- Gundam SEED Destiny Astray
- Gundam SEED C.E.73 Stargazer
- Gundam SEED C.E.73 Delta Astray
- Gundam SEED Frame Astrays
- Gundam SEED VS Astray
- Gundam SEED Destiny Astray R
- Gundam SEED Destiny Astray B
- Gundam 00
- Gundam 00P
- Gundam 00F
- Gundam 00I
- Gundam 00V
- Gundam 00V Battle Chronicle
- Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer
- Gundam 00I 2314
- Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans
- Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Gekko
- SD Gundam GX
- G Generation Series

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

GUNDAM CRIMES

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RillAkBea posted:

Ah, well, yeah there is that :v:

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

RillAkBea posted:

Full series list: (Bold entries have story mode scenarios)
- Gundam Wing
- Gundam Wing: G-Unit
- Gundam Wing: Battlefield of Pacifists
- Gundam Wing: Glory of Losers
- Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
- Gundam SEED
- Gundam SEED MSV
- Gundam SEED Astray
- Gundam SEED Astray R (Gerbera 150 anyone?)
- Gundam SEED Astray B
- Gundam SEED X Astray
- Gundam SEED Destiny
- Gundam SEED Destiny-MSV
- Gundam SEED Destiny Astray
- Gundam SEED C.E.73 Stargazer
- Gundam SEED C.E.73 Delta Astray
- Gundam SEED Frame Astrays
- Gundam SEED VS Astray
- Gundam SEED Destiny Astray R
- Gundam SEED Destiny Astray B
- Gundam 00
- Gundam 00P
- Gundam 00F
- Gundam 00I
- Gundam 00V
- Gundam 00V Battle Chronicle
- Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer
- Gundam 00I 2314
- Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans
- Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Gekko
- SD Gundam GX
- G Generation Series

Still couldn't fit in best AU Gundam Build Fighters huh?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AtheistMantis posted:

Still couldn't fit in best AU Gundam Build Fighters huh?

To be fair, Build Fighters entering alongside other AU's is kinda a divide-by-zero situation, because you'd have Sei and Co. pointing out that everyone else is fictional.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, Build Fighters entering alongside other AU's is kinda a divide-by-zero situation, because you'd have Sei and Co. pointing out that everyone else is fictional.

That, or just have everyone, especially Sei (though not Reiji, probably) fanboying at all times about the insane situation they're in and how cool it is. Sort of like what the Digimon Adventure PSP game did, the last scenario is a crossover of the currently-existing series with every goggleboy appearing, and Takato's first instinct upon seeing Taichi isn't to point out he shouldn't exist but to go full fanboy over him and it's adorable.

Also seeing that series list only reminds me that I have absolutely no idea about most Gundam spinoffs. From those the only ones I've read or watched are Battlefield of Pacifists, some of Glory of the Losers (which I dropped due to lack of new chapters mostly), and some Gekko (which didn't keep my attention nearly as much as the main IBO did), and I have some Astray knowledge thanks to SRW W, but otherwise my knowledge here is zero. I know the Astray subseries is great but...good luck finding it, and I have no knowledge about any of the other things here. Is Gekko worth returning to?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

That, or just have everyone, especially Sei (though not Reiji, probably) fanboying at all times about the insane situation they're in and how cool it is. Sort of like what the Digimon Adventure PSP game did, the last scenario is a crossover of the currently-existing series with every goggleboy appearing, and Takato's first instinct upon seeing Taichi isn't to point out he shouldn't exist but to go full fanboy over him and it's adorable.

Also seeing that series list only reminds me that I have absolutely no idea about most Gundam spinoffs. From those the only ones I've read or watched are Battlefield of Pacifists, some of Glory of the Losers (which I dropped due to lack of new chapters mostly), and some Gekko (which didn't keep my attention nearly as much as the main IBO did), and I have some Astray knowledge thanks to SRW W, but otherwise my knowledge here is zero. I know the Astray subseries is great but...good luck finding it, and I have no knowledge about any of the other things here. Is Gekko worth returning to?

Well, it stopped getting translated, so you'd either need to know Japanese or find someone else. That said, the later chapters that were translated weren't incredibly involving, but at least I kind of cared, which is better than I could say for the opening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's pretty odd, despite the prevalence of their designs in games like this and model kits, quite a few of these are photo novels which hardly ever get reprinted so are basically unavailable.

Funnily though, most of the manga entries were all written and illustrated by the same two dudes.