Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

A shitload of words

I admire your moxy in trying to convert the guy but I think after the revelation he's been playing mario kart with all the autocontrols turned on and that his idea of a good game is 'story driven single player with pretty visuals and absolutely no open world/rpg' you're definitely preaching to the wrong crowd

Like the whole spirit and joy of BotW is the antithesis of that kind of game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I sold MGS4 and bought FFXIII with the money in the worst trade deal in history

I traded them back after a few days, more than willing to take the hit because FFXIII was probably the worst game I'd ever played

Back when the Wii U was fresh I traded in Pikmin 3 for Splinter Cell: Blacklist :doh:. It shot up in price after that, so I didn't get another copy until a year ago...

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Steve2911 posted:

Jesus, almost a decade on Other M is still the most recent mainline Metroid game.

there’s no real reason not to count Return of Samus as a mainline game tbqh

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I've only heard good things about Federation Force from people who actually played it all the way through. Blast Ball, no, but main game, heck yeah.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Going to my brother’s house where my 7 year and 9 year nephews have Smash Bros.

I’m going to own these children so hard.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Beastie posted:

To go easy on them would be an insult.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

can I still buy those big Yoshi yarn ambiio?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Isn't Warriors Multiplayer? That poo poo's pretty mindless and fun and pretty and done bit by bit. Could be something for Melon Cat to look into, and not being Nintendo it can get cheap. Still they should just BotW, I, and I'm sure many others, would all love to be able to play that game again for a first time.
Nah, Warriors is single-player. I got it because one of the people I follow on Twitch loves it and says it's one of the best Warriors games of any series. It's fun as hell but I can only play it for one or two missions at a time, because so much goes on at once.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Takoluka posted:

I've only heard good things about Federation Force from people who actually played it all the way through. Blast Ball, no, but main game, heck yeah.

Yeah, it’s fun with people. That game did not deserve the hate it got.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's a scum game for scum.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

Nah, Warriors is single-player. I got it because one of the people I follow on Twitch loves it and says it's one of the best Warriors games of any series. It's fun as hell but I can only play it for one or two missions at a time, because so much goes on at once.

Hyrule Warriors is not remotely single-player

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Takoluka posted:

It's not bad. Extremely out of touch for what a Metroid Prime fan would want, but for the two or three weeks you could actually organize a mission with randos, it was quite sophisticated for the 3DS. It's hypothetically a good co-op game

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Anyone can recommend some good local co-op games? I'm in a weird place emotionally and want to play games with friends but can't handle competetive stuff as I uh, get really mad (just got off SSRI's and my brain juices are hosed up)
I already have snipperclips, kirby, neurovoider and overcooked, but if there's something cheap and good I'm missing let me know.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

organburner posted:

Anyone can recommend some good local co-op games? I'm in a weird place emotionally and want to play games with friends but can't handle competetive stuff as I uh, get really mad (just got off SSRI's and my brain juices are hosed up)
I already have snipperclips, kirby, neurovoider and overcooked, but if there's something cheap and good I'm missing let me know.

Lovers in a dangerous space time. Seriously, just get it, it's the evolution of affordable space adventures with a ton of depth, difficulty and replay value. It's even fun in single player.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Beastie posted:

Glad to hear you did lots of research on he switch before buying one, which led you to realize it would have lots of Nintendo games, which you would enjoy.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This weekend, I finally found some time to play stuff I picked up during some sales over the last few months.
Conclusion:

The Iconoclasts soundtrack still is one of the best soundtracks ever, and I enjoy playing the game for the third time (it's cool, and good, has cool visuals, great music and I don't care if people say it's not a proper "Metroidvania"....game is good)

Into the Breach. It's....sorry, I have to play another round, it's so....sorry, must play more....

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Butterfly Valley posted:

I admire your moxy in trying to convert the guy but I think after the revelation he's been playing mario kart with all the autocontrols turned on and that his idea of a good game is 'story driven single player with pretty visuals and absolutely no open world/rpg' you're definitely preaching to the wrong crowd

Like the whole spirit and joy of BotW is the antithesis of that kind of game

Most likely. Didn't Wolfenstein come out on the Switch? Maybe then can get that.

On the plus side I've convinced myself to double-dip on Stardew Valley. If I've got nothing going on this summer, it's what I'll be playing.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

a.lo posted:

Nope.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

Jesus, almost a decade on Other M is still the most recent mainline Metroid game.

Samus Returns is a mainline Metroid game.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Samus Returns is a remake and not all that better than Other M.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

a.lo posted:

I could sell you my green one at Amazon.ca prices if you want

(i.e., More than George Soros has)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Steve2911 posted:

Samus Returns is a remake and not all that better than Other M.

That’s a hell of a hot take.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CharlestheHammer posted:

That’s a hell of a hot take.

I mostly just hate the 3DS and the ugly as sin aesthetic of every game it ever had.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I found the Kirby 3DS games to look very pretty

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

tuo posted:

The Iconoclasts soundtrack still is one of the best soundtracks ever, and I enjoy playing the game for the third time (it's cool, and good, has cool visuals, great music and I don't care if people say it's not a proper "Metroidvania"....game is good)

I have it on PS4, I really need to play it. I'm still at the beginning.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I wish good Switch games went on sale.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Steve2911 posted:

I mostly just hate the 3DS and the ugly as sin aesthetic of every game it ever had.

settle down satan

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Steve2911 posted:

Fair. I love a lot of 3DS games but hated actually playing them on the 3DS.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gonna need a varia suit to handle the temperature of these takes itt

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I loved my 3DS but in a Switch world it's really hard going back to it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Fair. I love a lot of 3DS games but hated actually playing them on the 3DS.

Yeah, one of the best things about the Switch is that games that would otherwise be relegated to the handheld line should (hopefully will) be developed on a decent console instead.

Nintendo hasn't done nearly enough of this yet but Pokémon is a good start. I'd love to see a 2D Zelda and Metroid at some point.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Your Computer posted:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
By the way the D3 season reset today if that's your kind of thing.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I bought the special Samus edition New 3DS when it was released and I've hardly played it. I think it got more use as a Wario Land 2/3 machine than as a device that plays 3DS games.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah, one of the best things about the Switch is that games that would otherwise be relegated to the handheld line should (hopefully will) be developed on a decent console instead.

Nintendo hasn't done nearly enough of this yet but Pokémon is a good start. I'd love to see a 2D Zelda and Metroid at some point.

I figure another 2D Zelda is inevitable. Link Between Worlds was really good and sold well as far as I know.

A Zelda 1 remake/sequel seems like a good choice. I'd love to explore a remade Zelda 1 overworld.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I love the hardiness of my 3DS. I have the Majora's Mask Special Edition and it's great for travel. I still don't trust taking out my Switch so the 3DS is perfect. Plus, the game's are cheap and I get to play some great platformers on it like all the OG DKC. Before it closes shop I'm going to stock up on the Virtual Console offerings there alongside some games I never got like Wooly World, Cpt Toad, and Epic Yarn, alongside the Metroid and Zelda games.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Your Computer posted:

:golfclap:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

What the gently caress did they do to Dragon's Lair that it ends up being 6gigs

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Spellman posted:

What the gently caress did they do to Dragon's Lair that it ends up being 6gigs

Well that's a lot of laserdisc data to squeeze on that tiny SD card, what did you expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

I wish good Switch games went on sale.

You'll buy them all eventually