Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Both Heineken and Pirelli suck you’re worse off watching F1 if that’s your argument

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidpoocati posted:

Both Heineken and Pirelli suck you’re worse off watching F1 if that’s your argument

You blew a transmission and created the situation of triggering a CEL on a Toyota Corolla.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Wirth1000 posted:

*looks to IndyCar* Hm, NTT, eh? I am now aware of this brand and would like to engage with it. Oh, they don't seem to offer anything at all in North America at a consumer level that I can engage their brand with ergo I will move on to other aspects of my life

*looks to F1* Hm, Heineken and Pirelli, eh? I'm gonna buy some Cintuarto P7's and slam back a Heineken while laughing at the old Austin Powers commercial about "Hey! Let go of my Heine!" or whatever the gently caress it was F1 rules IndyCar drools

Pirelli's participation in F1 turned me off of buying a set of their tires for my SVT.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Also, get this: Indytard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's 2019, I'm sure you can come up with more creative insults than a variation of retarded.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bindy Crap

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

It's 2019, I'm sure you can come up with more creative insults than a variation of retarded.

He can’t help it he’s Terri Shiavarded.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Pretty sure that's spelled with an sch

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

NTT MagaCar Series

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
How many IndyCar sponsors actually do something that a normal person could interact with in any way in normal life? Steak N Shake? Verizon?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
DXC.technology was spun off HP enterprise, which was bits of EDS and Autonomy mashed together after HP bought them out and then did a series of very stupid things. I only know this because my dad finally quit when they created DXC.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

It’s p much all B2B so 1%ers can “network.”

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Heineken and Marlboros are cool

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I had some really bad crunch time weeks with work over christmas, and up until now, and I suppose they will persist into february. It's like I can't even sleep if I get the chance to, because I can't clear my mind.

What I am trying to say: please, oh please F1 season start, so I can finally fall asleep during some races. I hope I'll sleep as well after staying up for Melbourne as the unnamed protagonist in Fight Club does after crying in Eric Boullies arms.

It's my only wish for this year's F1 season.

(oh, and that Vettel gets beaten again by his teammate.....oh, and maybe twenty more after watching the first couple of races, but please oh please make me sleep)

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I look forward to the season’s start for a sense of normalcy.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Daytona 24 next weekend.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Daytona 24 next weekend.

Oh my god, I can finally find some rest! THANK YOU!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

tuo posted:

Oh my god, I can finally find some rest! THANK YOU!
I get the joke, but this may backfire on you. Unlike "Formula 1" racing does sometimes happen at IMSA events

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I get the joke, but this may backfire on you. Unlike "Formula 1" racing does sometimes happen at IMSA events

I know, I watched last years Daytona way too long after midnight (in a totally different timezone). I really enjoy endurance racing, especially 24 hours races. Allthough imo it's best to enjoy them in your own timezone (if can't be at the venue itself)....setting the alarm clock late at night (with the last power of your body), to catch couple hours of sleep to see the track at dawn early in the morning never gets old.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
BadPeePee Bindy Fart Series

(It's actually pretty good)

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Too many outspoken Republicans (i.e.: the reason I got the gently caress out of Indiana) for me to enjoy anymore.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

#misionganaahora

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Cultural appropriation itt.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

tuo posted:

especially 24 hours races.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8JR7Wi2MEU
The fact that this is a thing you could see/hear if you were in the right place at the right time on planet Earth seems proof that there is a benevolent God in whom I would not otherwise believe. The fact that the place you'd have to be in to see it is in France, a member of Satan's European Union, administered by the unholy bureaucrats of Brussels, is proof that there is no God obviously.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

NtotheTC posted:

Did you guys know all Indycar 2018 races are uploaded to Youtube?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjyrlrRElbQ

In a serious response to this post, what's a good race to watch from 2018?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brainwrong posted:

Silverstone

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8JR7Wi2MEU
The fact that this is a thing you could see/hear if you were in the right place at the right time on planet Earth seems proof that there is a benevolent God in whom I would not otherwise believe. The fact that the place you'd have to be in to see it is in France, a member of Satan's European Union, administered by the unholy bureaucrats of Brussels, is proof that there is no God obviously.

I know we rip on reddit for saying it, but hearing also sprach zarathustra peak and being overtaken by the sound of engines made me tear up a little bit when I was there.

Seeing headlights in the distance at night coming out of mulsanne and and hearing the cars come roaring towards you is a hell of an experience too.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

St. Petersburg, Detroit 2, Mid Ohio, Gateway, Portland would all be recommended. Hard to go wrong though, IndyCar was Real Good last year.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

DoctorGonzo posted:

Silverstone

lkmao

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Minto Took posted:

Too many outspoken Republicans (i.e.: the reason I got the gently caress out of Indiana) for me to enjoy anymore.

Opposed to literally other racing series full of rich white people and their kids. Who are absolutely democrats.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Hey, at least they aren’t claiming to represent me.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Brainwrong posted:

Mid ohio was boring. Dony watch that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

OhsH posted:

Opposed to literally other racing series full of rich white people and their kids. Who are absolutely democrats.

This is why everyone should love Lewis Hamilton

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

This is why everyone should love Lewis Hamilton

I still haven't heard a single good reason why anyone dislikes Lewis.

He's quite honestly the GOAT. He's affable, likeable, personable, seems like a good guy with actual human tendencies and faults like anyone else. He's extremely driven and passionate about what he does and uses his wealth in ways to help charitable groups and kids and poo poo.

The only reason I've so far deduced since his debut in 2007 for people that don't like him are purely racist.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

iospace posted:

I can't. Is there some kind of comedy pun training manual?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

He's quite honestly the GOAT. He's affable, likeable, personable, seems like a good guy with actual human tendencies and faults like anyone else. He's extremely driven and passionate about what he does and uses his wealth in ways to help charitable groups and kids and poo poo.

The only reason I've so far deduced since his debut in 2007 for people that don't like him are purely racist.

His only crime as far as some people are concerned is not driving for the scud, watch them change their tune if he ever develops a taste for fraudulent italian teams.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Remember when people cheered for Massa in 2008? And now he's a literal fascist.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Remember when people cheered for Massa in 2008? And now he's a literal fascist.

Is he hard in the tank for Bolsonaro or something? Serious question.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Is he hard in the tank for Bolsonaro or something? Serious question.

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So is Rubens Barrichello lmao