Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

FrumpleOrz posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this comic.

I’ll second this.

Please keep posting it tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Hjalmar posted:

Is this the first sincere use of loss.jpg in a newspaper comic strip? I can't help but feel there's been one before.
:ssh:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

I see that's Freddie Mercury, and I'm thinking the girl is Cyndi Lauper, but who is Oop? Adam Ant maybe?
Yeah. I guess that's one thing I'm gonna give the strip some grudging credit for: picking some recognizable outfits and not just a generic 80s ensemble.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2012 Spiderman

The Amazing Spiderman

Richard Tracy

Pretty weird seeing someone use his proper name, tbh.

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 30, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 30, 1997)

Garfield Classic (June 30 1987)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_Brahe_the_Younger

quote:

In 1637–1640 and again in 1648–1654 he was Governor General in Finland [...] He reformed the whole administration, introduced a postal system, founded ten new towns, improved and developed commerce and agriculture, and very greatly promoted education. In 1640 he opened the Royal Academy of Turku, of which he was the founder, and first chancellor. Still today the expression "Kreivin aikaan", or "at Count's Time" in the Finnish language means "at the correct/good time".

Nancy

Dustin

Madrake

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

FrumpleOrz posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this comic.

It's not even close to true. The market for cute cats is poo poo outside of dedicated cute cat sites and that's not a racket you can get in on overnight.

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Great, now I want a Love To Post~¢¾ avatar.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Oh, I had a dream in which I read a new Heathcliff strip. Heathcliff was sitting behind one of those little "kid selling lemonade / psychiatric advice" booths in his front yard, looking smug and composed as ever, and two kids were standing on the sidewalk a few steps away. One was looking into a paper bag and speaking. The caption was "It's just random fistfuls of pills from Grandpa's cabinet."

ETA: ^^

Pastry of the Year fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jan 22, 2019

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Pastry of the Year posted:

Oh, I had a dream in which I read a new Heathcliff strip. Heathcliff was sitting behind one of those little "kid selling lemonade / psychiatric advice" booths in his front yard, looking smug and composed as ever, and two kids were standing on the sidewalk a few steps away. One was looking into a paper bag and speaking. The caption was "It's just random fistfuls of pills from Grandpa's cabinet."

Heh, I could see it. No cigar today, though:

Heathcliff Old and New

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Andy Capp

December 10, 1957

"FLORRIE! - Gimme the 'ammer!"

Ballard Street

October 26, 2002

Outbursts of Everett True

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Corto Maltese: Interviewing the usual suspects, or After blowing him up, Corto holds no grudges against Chang, or The Butler servant did it!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

This is the first Tinkersons I think I've ever legitimately liked. Go get her, whatever your name is. Tweetie? Is that it?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

This is the first Tinkersons I think I've ever legitimately liked. Go get her, whatever your name is. Tweetie? Is that it?

Tinkersons is a good comic. I'm not going to argue with anyone who doesn't like the art, but the writing and characters have really grown on me. When it debuted in this thread, I thought it was going to be another hate-read, but nope! I look forward to it.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

That's what happens when you take a grab bag of hypertension medications.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Pastry of the Year posted:

Tinkersons is a good comic. I'm not going to argue with anyone who doesn't like the art, but the writing and characters have really grown on me. When it debuted in this thread, I thought it was going to be another hate-read, but nope! I look forward to it.

I hated it at first, less for the art (which I can handle fine, honestly) but because the jokes were banal and predictable and the personalities were either nonexistent or just rehashes of all family strip tropes.

Since then the jokes have gotten better, the personalities are still a little trope-ish but they've split away some and at the very least you can sort of predict how each character might react to a situation, which I mean in the good way.

I've liked it for quite a long time now. There are still misses, of course, but even Calvin and Hobbes had a few misses now and again.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

Aside from the fact that I think the character design and colour palette in this strip is inexcusable, this particular dialogue reads strongly as if an adult was reminiscing about the totally cool things they should have said to their middle school bully. I've read this strip since it was posted and I don't really know too much about the characters, Tweetie in particular. She doesn't like to do homework, enjoys junk food, and she's on her phone a lot. I must have missed the strip where they introduced this bully character.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't been posting my comics because a failed hard drive has put my computer in the shop. But here's a bit of a catch-up:

Retail

And of course, Edge of Zombies:

Lambarene is best known as the site of Albert Schweitzer's hospital. It is also, as it happens, 1,500 miles away from Fort Lamy/N'Djamena.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

computer angel posted:

Aside from the fact that I think the character design and colour palette in this strip is inexcusable,

And they've done the silhouette thing enough times now that they should probably realize all it does is highlight the atrocious character design

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

It's not even close to true. The market for cute cats is poo poo outside of dedicated cute cat sites and that's not a racket you can get in on overnight.

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Great, now I want a Love To Post~¢¾ avatar.

How the gently caress do you read this comic

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
e: I was wrong, apparently.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 22, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Look at their hands. The idiot customer was trying to scan the box upside-down. The UPC isn't even on that side!!!!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Ignite Memories posted:

How the gently caress do you read this comic

groups of 3

See the little arrows in there?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

The Bloop posted:

Look at their hands. The idiot customer was trying to scan the box upside-down. The UPC isn't even on that side!!!!

I guess if you've never worked retail, you've potentially never thought about the fact that the UPC needs to face the scanner. Most cashiers are pretty good about running it through with the correct orientation without having to look or take any time, so I can see how people could think it just needs to be passed near it and that's all that's needed.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shortspecialbus posted:

I guess if you've never worked retail, you've potentially never thought about the fact that the UPC needs to face the scanner. Most cashiers are pretty good about running it through with the correct orientation without having to look or take any time, so I can see how people could think it just needs to be passed near it and that's all that's needed.

I can't imagine getting to be an adult and not being curious enough to know what those zebra squares on literally every product you've ever bought are, even if you don't really care how cash registers work.

But I can accept that there are terminally incurious people out there because it is.... evident

Still, a good Retail strip because being left holding a box to reshelf after a customer has made an irrational scene is very retail

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
How is there so much confusion over what a soap opera is when Our IX Lives is on?

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis fights the real enemy... cookbooks?

And Jamal

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jamal is too real. Also gently caress cops.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

This character had surgery to look like a rat, as a note. She doesn't have those ears or tail anymore. Or, well, didn't until just now, I guess.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Zereth posted:

This character had surgery to look like a rat, as a note. She doesn't have those ears or tail anymore. Or, well, didn't until just now, I guess.

But the rat pheromones she was taking wore off, so, um...

Look at that big grin on Bernice's face as she prepares to dine on a lovely plate of schadenfreude. She does this to Luann, too. She is not only not good therapist material, she is not friend material.

Tiffany, she is not your friend.

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.
Sam's Strip

Ye Olde Foxtrot 04/29/88

Tarzan

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
That ape language is hilarious.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
*E* Nevermind.

IronSaber fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 22, 2019

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

But the rat pheromones she was taking wore off, so, um...
Oh right I forgot that part.

Because it's not like many predators would rely on vision to find prey too. Nope it's 100% about the smell.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

IronSaber posted:

Altered it slightly. There are good officers out there, to be sure. But drat if their good works aren't quickly overshadowed by some rear end in a top hat in a badge who thinks its open season on anyone with a different skin color.

Please don't.

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

And Jamal

Thanks for posting A Problem Like Jamal. It's a great comic that I don't think I would have found otherwise.

Also, it's meant my ignore list has been swelling like the Grinch's heart, and that's always good.

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

Oh sweet Retail! Okay, this story line might... yep, the comments on Feuti's website and Comics Kingdom are everything you'd expect.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Aww, dang it. I figured if anyone would pull that trick it'd be Horse. Ah well.

And hell yeah Retail is back. On the downside, Holbrook's ????phobia continues to rear its ugly head, where our heroes trick someone into reverting to their old self to "teach them a lesson". I'd call it transphobia but that implies he went into this with a metaphor in mind as opposed to a mind full of fetishes.

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 22, 2019

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Of course it's not over, that jogger still owes them eleven thousand dollars for the ambulance ride alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011