Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Some Guy TT posted:

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

I can't remember if Mother From Another Country did the exact same gag or not.

They did - I was looking through the last thread for something and ran across it:

And it reminded me of a recent Boss Dharma so I searched for it in this thread and found it and noticed that you noticed at the time.

Anyways, yep, and I laughed both times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sweeperbravo posted:

My Nana's dementia got to the point where she stopped recognizing me 5 years ago and just reading this made me tear up

:( Sorry to hear. Her heart still loves you.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The Princess Planet actually does get really fun (at least by my standards, there are dumb puns and portmanteaus so ymmv) later on down the road. Its format and general feel is also much more newspaper-like than webcomic. Whether you feel it should be posted here or not, I'd encourage people to check it out because it scratches a similar itch imo. It is one of my favorites, and not just because it has a scareodactyl in it at one point.

Scarodactyl fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 23, 2019

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
What, did it get chased out of the webcomic thread for sucking too badly and it's trying to find refuge here?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
For what it's worth, the rules have stopped me from tracking down and and posting Jeff Smith's old college newspaper comic "Thorn", which was the beta version of his comic book series Bone.

Which is probably for the best.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

asecondduck posted:

For what it's worth, the rules have stopped me from tracking down and and posting Jeff Smith's old college newspaper comic "Thorn", which was the beta version of his comic book series Bone.

Which is probably for the best.

I dunno, that sounds cool.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

StrixNebulosa posted:

I dunno, that sounds cool.

I actually just remembered that Mister Beeg posted at least some of it in a previous version of the thread, so it's been done anyway, no point in doing it again.

Also, it's not very good, mostly gag-a-day stuff. More of a curiosity for fans of Bone.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

SuperKlaus posted:

What, did it get chased out of the webcomic thread for sucking too badly and it's trying to find refuge here?

Isn't the person behind it also one of the people behind the alley oop reboot? I think that's why it's being posted

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Just post your terrible webcomics in the only good webcomic thread there is, the Webcomic thread in CCCC

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I am okay with The Princess Planet being posted here.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

Isn't the person behind it also one of the people behind the alley oop reboot? I think that's why it's being posted

It's not, that's Jonathan Lemon, who has a strip called Rabbits Against Magic

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Julet Esqu posted:

Her evil plan is so transparently idiotic that I can't imagine anybody falling for it, not even Ian. But if he just says, "huh" and gives her an F, that's the end of the plot, and that's pretty thin, even for Mary Worth. So where do we go from here?

I kinda assumed it was leading to the evil gal doing a false Me Too on Ian as blackmail or revenge, but that seems a little too edgy for a Mary Worth story.

Maybe she adopts a kitten and learns the value of an honest day's work.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This is art. :allears:

Julet Esqu posted:

Her evil plan is so transparently idiotic that I can't imagine anybody falling for it, not even Ian. But if he just says, "huh" and gives her an F, that's the end of the plot, and that's pretty thin, even for Mary Worth. So where do we go from here?
My money's on her stalking or threatening Ian and/or Toby.

Vargo posted:

You keep being a dick about us not knowing the information that you never bothered to mention in the beginning.
The only ones being dicks about anything are the people saying "get this lovely webcomic out of the thread". Asking once if it fit the thread rules - fine. But the question was answered. It was in at least one newspaper at some point. That's been good enough for other comics that have been posted in the past and I don't see why the rule would suddenly change now.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Holbrook has previously had trans-species storylines.

So this is a conversion therapy actually works storyline? :|
Did he specifically say that? No. So he's not thinking it. And if he's not thinking it then he doesn't expect anyone else to either. He doesn't automatically connect the different storylines' subtext like that. Or really understand what subtext even is. I've no doubt he remembers the literal events of the stories you're referring to, but the fact that he used them as analogies would not seem relevant to him - because he's not intentionally doing that this time and he wouldn't understand how that meaning could even be there if he didn't make it explicit.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set knows you can't put a price on quality.

Working Daze is actually a new one for the first time in a few weeks.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix should work on its timing.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
*shrug* yeah, allright, The Princess Planet fits the bill. Sorry for jumping the gun.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Speaking of absolute poo poo, is Brooke finally unemployed or has everyone just given up posting his fetish art?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Transmodiar posted:

Don't threaten us with your lovely webcomic unless you want "Oh Baby," "Sylvia," and "Herb and Jamal" brought back for mutually assured destruction.

Don't forget "Girls and Sports" and "Scorer"!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Stultus Maximus posted:

Speaking of absolute poo poo, is Brooke finally unemployed or has everyone just given up posting his fetish art?
it's the latter, but now that you have spoken the forbidden name they shall surely be summoned.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Me catching up on this thread and talking to my wife- Whatever happened to those weird comics with the nightmare faces.

(Minutes later)

My wife: YOU BASTARD!!!! YOU SUMMONED IT!!!!

Edit:

Ghostlight posted:

it's the latter, but now that you have spoken the forbidden name they shall surely be summoned.

Wait maybe I can pass the buck!!!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (September 8, 1931)

Peanuts (January 25, 1972)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (November 19-21, 1931)

Dok's Dippy Duck (May 10-12, 1923)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
NEW New Nancy by Yakov Kirschen

trigger warning: transphobia and bad art as produced by a 300 years old lich

there was also an incoherent rant about how 'traditional masculinity' is under attack by the left

you're welcome

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I apologize for being uptight about comic strips. I was going off the best information I had, and it seemed like it was 100% a webcomic. I didn’t realize it was in newspapers as well. If it sucks I’ll scroll past like the rest. :justpost:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Spiffster posted:

Me catching up on this thread and talking to my wife- Whatever happened to those weird comics with the nightmare faces.

(Minutes later)

My wife: YOU BASTARD!!!! YOU SUMMONED IT!!!!

Christ Almighty, I was talking with a friend today who occasionally reads the thread and she was asking me what happened to the gross creepy comics. I hadn't even thought about that fucker or his bad comics in months, and not only do I have to think about them because of my friend, at least two other people thought about those today too.

You're all some sort of terrible prophets.

I will say that I hope he's recovering from his stroke, though. I still don't wish those on anyone.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nenonen posted:

NEW New Nancy by Yakov Kirschen

trigger warning: transphobia and bad art as produced by a 300 years old lich

there was also an incoherent rant about how 'traditional masculinity' is under attack by the left

you're welcome

Sir I'm going to call the police please leave

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

shortspecialbus posted:

Christ Almighty, I was talking with a friend today who occasionally reads the thread and she was asking me what happened to the gross creepy comics. I hadn't even thought about that fucker or his bad comics in months, and not only do I have to think about them because of my friend, at least two other people thought about those today too.

You're all some sort of terrible prophets.

I will say that I hope he's recovering from his stroke, though. I still don't wish those on anyone.

It had to be posted. Too many people were bringing it up for it not to happen.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

please tell me that there is an edit of this with "I cast... Magic Missile!"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Alley Oop

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Judge Parker

Marmaduke

Office Hours

Reply All

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's like every fiber of Alley Oops being is trying to make me hate it.

Edit: I know, don't give it a chance, it's triggering some part of my brain that treats it like it's a comic that could get good with time if I just gave the author a chance.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.

RandomPauI posted:

It's like every fiber of Alley Oops being is trying to make me hate it.

Edit: I know, don't give it a chance, it's triggering some part of my brain that treats it like it's a comic that could get good with time if I just gave the author a chance.

I dunno. I feel like it's not incredibly awful, just pretty mediocre, but it feels worse than it is because we have higher expectations of a zombie strip being taken over by a younger writer now that Olivia Jaimes has set the bar so high.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2012 Spiderman

The Amazing Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

Holbrook has previously had trans-species storylines.

So this is a conversion therapy actually works storyline? :|
He's had trans-diet storylines. It was presented as "now I'm an herbivore", not "now I'm a [specific species]".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I remember an old MAD magazine feature where they'd draw detailed skeletons for comic strip characters using their design as the anatomical basis, and I would please like for someone to do that with a few modern Alley Oop strips and see how many individual ones they have to do.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

The book says they are distant cousins so don't feel too icky.

Nancy

:lol:

Dustin

Mandrake

Remember how there's several stories about Mandrake not knowing if the aliens exist?

Kennel fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jan 23, 2019

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (July 1, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (July 1, 1997)

Garfield Classic (July 1, 1987)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

What did Mary Lou do in order to have Gene's parents turn rabidly overprotective??

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Neither one knows what's up with their growing son. Janus is going to get Mary Lou's side of the story and Arlo is going to be Arlo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

StrixNebulosa posted:

What did Mary Lou do in order to have Gene's parents turn rabidly overprotective??

Be pregnant.