Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

jimmyjams posted:

do you have to be deluded to buy bitcoin. or does buying bitcoin make you deluded

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

:wrong:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

...! posted:

lol she sure is proud of it, she's tweeted twenty to thirty times about it in the last twenty four hours

maybe... blockchain is good? :thunk:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

...! posted:

:hmmyes:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
hey ...! i found somewhere that won't block the song i made for you

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=1854578

...!
Oct 5, 2003

if it's not on the holy blockchain i want nothing to do with it

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Has anyone said

And back at the Wilshire, Theo sits there dreaming
He's found a book on law in a garbage can
He looks at the writings and stares up at the cracked ceiling
"At the count of 3," he says
"I hope I can disappear"
And fly, fly away from this bitcoin licensing

yet? Either way, my apologies to Lou Reed and everyone reading this forum.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Soricidus posted:

I mean it’s better than solidity

damned by faint praise

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Suspicious posted:

only the deluded post on r/Bitcoin. the buyers who realized how stupid it all is left quietly and you don't hear from them

an internet community that doesn't engender grandiose "why I'm quitting" posts? maybe they're doing at least one thing right

no they aren't. it's probably the threats and harassment to "traitors" that have this effect

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Suspicious posted:

damned by fiat praise

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

KnifeWrench posted:

an internet community that doesn't engender grandiose "why I'm quitting" posts? maybe they're doing at least one thing right

no they do those all the time but its about why they're quitting F/I/A/T/

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Bitcoin helped me find the love of my life (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 3 hours ago by qsderop

Just saw a post here saying that BTC only makes you attractive to thieves and scammers. This hasn't been my experience at all! I truly love Bitcoin & blockchain technology, and I was even able to get a job connected with it. Also, for me, it’s essential that my girlfriend shares my interests. Whenever I would meet new girls, I always used to test them. (pls, don’t think I’m crazy)
Here how I would do it:
I would begin by asking the girl if she knows anything about blockchain and Btc. If she said yes or she is interested in it, then I would ask her on another date.
The way I met my fiancee is somewhat related. I met her at my friend’s birthday party. We chatted a lot about the blockchain. Then we went for a date and I started asking her more in depth questions. Everything was brilliant, she was smart and beautiful. But the moment I fell in love with her was when she sent me a screenshot of the price of BTC on coin360! I wasn't aware at that time that she was so in the know.
So in my case, BTC helped me find the love of my life, and we’re getting married in April.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
bitcoin PUA

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

Bitcoin helped me find the love of my life (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 3 hours ago by qsderop

Just saw a post here saying that BTC only makes you attractive to thieves and scammers. This hasn't been my experience at all! I truly love Bitcoin & blockchain technology, and I was even able to get a job connected with it. Also, for me, it’s essential that my girlfriend shares my interests. Whenever I would meet new girls, I always used to test them. (pls, don’t think I’m crazy)
Here how I would do it:
I would begin by asking the girl if she knows anything about blockchain and Btc. If she said yes or she is interested in it, then I would ask her on another date.
The way I met my fiancee is somewhat related. I met her at my friend’s birthday party. We chatted a lot about the blockchain. Then we went for a date and I started asking her more in depth questions. Everything was brilliant, she was smart and beautiful. But the moment I fell in love with her was when she sent me a screenshot of the price of BTC on coin360! I wasn't aware at that time that she was so in the know.
So in my case, BTC helped me find the love of my life, and we’re getting married in April.

Misspelled finance as fiancee?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

its always good to make sure that anyone you attempt to be in a relationship with is in the same cult as you before you start, trying to expose them to it later on can be really messy

...!
Oct 5, 2003

bluethunder1985 143 points 1 day ago

Why don't more girls like bitcoin? :(

ztsmart 4 points 22 hours ago

It requires logic, reason, and analytical skill

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

you don’t need to have logic, reason, and analytical skill to be a girl

but it helps!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

...! posted:

bluethunder1985 143 points 1 day ago

Why don't more girls like bitcoin? :(

ztsmart 4 points 22 hours ago

It requires logic, reason, and analytical skill

ugh those loving :females:, always too busy pinteresting shoes and ruining men's lives to invest in their future :argh:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

56% more women than men!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bitcoin dating websites are exactly what you think they would be like

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Boxturret posted:

bitcoin dating websites are exactly what you think they would be like

empty?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

yes, barren web 2.0 designs last updated in 2015 or whatever this is

...!
Oct 5, 2003

BecauseImTheAssholeredditor for 5 weeks [score hidden] 2 hours ago

I will never accuse women of being unintelligent as a whole. Just that they have socially accepted wilful ignorance as a general standard at no fault of their own.

Put simply, when parents raise women to exhibit the behaviour they expect women to have, we cannot be surprised when they themselves grow up to expect that behaviour from themselves and more importantly each other.

While acceptance has grown since the 90's and earlier, many people out there will think it's weird for a woman to be "neckbeard" deep into computers and code, unless it's accompanied by an exceptionally paying job.

No one here is patting themselves on the back and jeering that crypto is a boys only club. It's just painful to watch one of the 1 in 10 women that are into crypto talk and rant like it's actually 4-7 in 10 and we just haven't realized it or something, when this is demonstrably false.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

BecauseImTheAsshole

at least they know it

...!
Oct 5, 2003

PoissonTriumvirate -1 points 13 hours ago

Negatively labeling accurate observations of reality doesn't make them less accurate.

Women are statistically less likely to care about high-risk high-tech endeavors. They have never, ever, ever been interested in Bitcoin or anything like it for its own sake. If the "toxic community's rampant misogyny" was to blame, you would expect a gradual attrition of women as the community developed, but this didn't happen. If anything, more women have become involved as Bitcoin has become safer and more mainstream.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

BecauseImTheAssholeredditor for 5 weeks 12 points 1 day ago

Simple. It's a complicated as gently caress computer internet currency that 95+% of your basic bitch crowd don't know or care anything about beyond drugs, computer viruses and money laundering.

And obviously, crypto pretty much shares a bed with the 90% male dominated IT Industry.

How can you expect basic bitch betty to care about Bitcoin when just mentioning nodes, spv wallets and memonic seed phrases is enough to make her audibly huff, sigh and even nauseate her. If she's lucky enough to get through that, the only reward for her effort is being able to buy clothes online with that Bit-Coin thing she learned about.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

just mentioning nodes, spv wallets and memonic seed phrases is enough to make her audibly huff, sigh and even nauseate her.

:same:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

jesus gently caress

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

...! posted:

BecauseImTheAssholeredditor for 5 weeks 12 points 1 day ago

Simple. It's a complicated as gently caress computer internet currency that 95+% of your basic bitch crowd don't know or care anything about beyond drugs, computer viruses and money laundering.

And obviously, crypto pretty much shares a bed with the 90% male dominated IT Industry.

How can you expect basic bitch betty to care about Bitcoin when just mentioning nodes, spv wallets and memonic seed phrases is enough to make her audibly huff, sigh and even nauseate her. If she's lucky enough to get through that, the only reward for her effort is being able to buy clothes online with that Bit-Coin thing she learned about.

i think basic bitch betty is the clear winner of this story tbh

...!
Oct 5, 2003

atherises 6 points 16 hours ago

Technically you can do both. You can even build government agencies on blockchain. It is a very versatile technology. If the internet was remade around blockchain, the level of security and privacy would be amazing. Never place limits on the types of things technology can be adapted for

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also how dare that bitch want to use the thing we're constantly saying will replace all other money as if it were some kind of money to buy things with :argh:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

safer and more mainstream.

ill take "words u never associate with bitscoin" for bong bcash thanks alex

...!
Oct 5, 2003

smeggletoot [score hidden] 2 hours ago

Most of the people I've met in that world haven't even as much as installed a Bitcoin wallet or seen it in action. Those that have tend to experience a visceral "Aha!" moment when the first cha-ching! sound emits from their phone.

From there, there's no going back.

Plenty postal workers / blockbuster executives poopoohed email and internet video streaming before actually seeing those technologies in action too.

We're all early innovators... We need to give older generations time to catch up and break free from their current fight or flight mindsets because bitcoin is here to free them as much as it is their children.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

...! posted:

poopoohed

no YOURE the poopoo head :mad:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

no YOURE the poopoo head :mad:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

Those that have tend to experience a visceral "Aha!" moment when the first cha-ching! sound emits from their phone.

stop trying to sell bitcoin to children who are easily amazed by beeps and boops

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
betty: a popular name for young women in 2019

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

i'm sure he comes across the name often in his daily life, generally in the form of a title such as "bimbo bitch betty's big booby blowjobs 3"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

ARCHIE COMICS WILL NEVER DIE