Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013
Late to the earplug talk, but I really wish someone had told me about the dangers when I was kid. I've never been able to hear bass due to a defect, but now I'm getting older and losing the high end I'm realising that I've always had tinitus and have had to lip read people all my life (and have no chance of hearing a conversation in a resturant due to background noise).

I've never actually heard bass as the three bones in the ear that carry bass sounds are fused together. Turns out it's common in our family but none of us realised it because we all just assumed it was normal. That scene in Jurrasic Park with the glass of water always confused me because I thought it was a cool visual but I didn't realise everyone else was hearing footsteps.

I honestly thought the bass guitar was what you gave the special kid to feel included. One day someone told me to follow the bass and I had an awkward "wait, that's a thing?" moment :(

Wear your earplugs, you assholes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Indeed.

Also: When your smartphone's music player or the phone itself warns your rear end that the level is too high while wearing earbuds/headphones, pay heed to the advice, dammit. :engleft:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Don't forget that even if you don't have ringing or tinitus you can still have hearing loss due to the hair cells losing their neural connections, which is really fun because we've only really just learned about that.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Dog_Meat posted:

I honestly thought the bass guitar was what you gave the special kid to feel included.
You were still right about this part.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

gently caress Your Website posted:

You were still right about this part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uPCF46S08I

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

This is some kind of piss-take right?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Why don’t you make like a bass guitar and be inaudible?

:downsowned:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pondex posted:

This is some kind of piss-take right?

Yea it’s a reference to some dumb stock photos.

Dang It Bhabhi! fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 23, 2019

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Wark Say posted:

Indeed.

Also: When your smartphone's music player or the phone itself warns your rear end that the level is too high while wearing earbuds/headphones, pay heed to the advice, dammit. :engleft:

My own tip - use a pair of in-ear monitors for listening to music on the go, as long as you're not biking or needing to hear other ambient noise. I have a pair of the mid-range Shure ones and they drop the ambient noise level considerably, meaning you don't have to set your volume level nearly as high to hear the music. Also they're cheaper than the headphone brands that spend more getting celebrities to wear them than on sound quality. Only thing they're not good for is if you're jogging or such because you'll get a lot of internal noise from your ears being plugged.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

https://www.guitarworld.com/gear/namm-2019-dunlop-unveils-the-mxr-dookie-drive

Stupid music dookie ii: signature edition

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

lol "the sound" of a strat into a jcm900. If only someone could nail the tone of the most basic bitch guitar sound ever.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
im so confused

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Yea it’s a reference to some dumb stock photos.

IM SOLDIERING

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://thehardtimes.net/hardstyle/...ition-industry/

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/Weezer/status/1088302399620612096

https://twitter.com/Weezer/status/1088303079408033792

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I actually really like that color of teal.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

hexwren posted:

I actually really like that color of teal.

this is the exact kind of album music streaming services were made for

also oh god i love it

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Owwwwwns

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

best sweet dreams cover since manson frsrs

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
it's not 1/1000 as good as this

https://mydickband.bandcamp.com/

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

I'm going to post this on The Gear Page or something and watch it explode.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i want to hate this, but i'm also secretly really excited to listen to it :captainpop:

edit: goddammit, i got 3 songs in and it sounds like somebody thought the originals were too edgy to play in the mall :(

CaptainViolence fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 24, 2019

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
That picture looks like the casting call for Narcs on the remake of Miami Vice

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

The teal album is an indictment of Weezer as a creative entity. A collection of covers chosen for their internet presence (ie meme-ness) presented so straight they are indistinguishable from the originals. There is nothing about them that could be construed as an artistic voice, it might as well be performed by robots. In the same way, all of Weezers music is on the same old sounds put together in the usual way with nothing added.

And I think I like it.

this isn't a serious post, please I don't want to get into a debate about loving Weezer :ohdear:

Edit: back half of album is unironically good.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 24, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Weezer: leaning into that cool and interesting 90s irony for nearly a quarter of a century.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

That picture looks like the casting call for Narcs on the remake of Miami Vice

rivers cuomo slowly morphing into richie aprile from the sopranos

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

https://reverb.com/item/18071196-20...tm_medium=share

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Jonny Nox posted:

Edit: back half of album is unironically good.

still not sure if i like it, but back half is definitely much more interesting. except that "no scrubs" makes me uncomfortable in a way i can't fully identify

also:

https://twitter.com/Pizza_Suplex/status/1088505786291097600

CaptainViolence fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 24, 2019

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

authentically reliced by gibson

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
lol one of the stupid forms that comes with it basically says don't play it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol one of the stupid forms that comes with it basically says don't play it

Does it ship with actual functional guitar strings? Or just some for-show wires?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

prefect posted:

Does it ship with actual functional guitar strings? Or just some for-show wires?

authentically aged string wire, hand-reliced by gibson's top aging artist painstakingly recreating the booger marks from jimmy page's coke nail, with a certificate of authenticity

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

either someone is sitting there with that in their cart and calling all their friends and family trying to find 80k, or someone from that shop has it in there thinking it will make someone else impulse buy it, but either way the urgency of that little red box makes me laugh

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I honestly thought that was 4 random dudes on the Weezer album cover until I looked them up. They haven't aged gracefully but since their aesthetic of their early years doesn't work when you're pushing 50 their current look is weird as poo poo.

In other stupid music poo poo, I found the half-wound guitar strings I use in 8 gauge because I have light, bitch-made touch.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Is the stupid music poo poo that you're using eights or that you found a weird set of them?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This page is really something else, fellas.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Chip McFuck posted:

Is the stupid music poo poo that you're using eights or that you found a weird set of them?

Both.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Iommi used 8s. It’s fine.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Light gauge best gauge

:love: tiny strings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Iommi used 8s. It’s fine.

How did he use 8s when tuned down to C#?