Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Trump is moving on Pelosi like a bitch.

https://twitter.com/desiderioDC/status/1088125067383488514?s=19

The bottom line is that Trump can't even hit the House floor without Pelosi's approval, as there needs to be a joint House/Senate resolution allowing him to do so. Pelosi has already told her members not to invite their families next week (standard SOTU practice).

My bet is if Thursday's votes in the Senate fail (as expected), Pelosi bans him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Exhibit infinity - Decorum doesn't matter, especially when the occupier of the highest office in the land openly mocks the very concept.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

Trump is moving on Pelosi like a bitch.

https://twitter.com/desiderioDC/status/1088125067383488514?s=19

The bottom line is that Trump can't even hit the House floor without Pelosi's approval, as there needs to be a joint House/Senate resolution allowing him to do so. Pelosi has already told her members not to invite their families next week (standard SOTU practice).

My bet is if Thursday's votes in the Senate fail (as expected), Pelosi bans him.
"Police brutality! Police brutality!" Screamed Donnie as the Sergeant at Arms handcuffs him. Then his pants fell down.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Curious to see her reply.

Good job-you’ve made government into a soap opera.

Please pay me.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So to the American People, I declare that the State of Our UniOW AM I BEING DETAINED?!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

nwin posted:

Please pay me.
Ask your parents for a small million dollar loan.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

nwin posted:

Please pay me.

i already asked for my command to get a part time job as a male stripper. i have the skimpy sailor uniform and everything.

My stripper name is "Significant Otter"

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Casimir Radon posted:

Ask your parents for a small million dollar loan.

I tried that, my mum smacked me round the head with a frying pan and told me to get a job.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ElMaligno posted:

i already asked for my command to get a part time job as a male stripper. i have the skimpy sailor uniform and everything.

My stripper name is "Significant Otter"

*whistle* how about we splice the main brace and throw some slush on my mast?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I’m curious if trump is just going to give the SOTU to the GOP on the house floor. The only reason nanci has to invite him is Decorum

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Woof Blitzer posted:

Hard to laugh with no head

:laffo:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Casimir Radon posted:

"Police brutality! Police brutality!" Screamed Donnie as the Sergeant at Arms handcuffs him. Then his pants fell down.

Sergeant at Arms you say?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

M_Gargantua posted:

I’m curious if trump is just going to give the SOTU to the GOP on the house floor. The only reason nanci has to invite him is Decorum

I was about to edit my above post, because there's another option: Trump shows up, goes on the House floor, and the lights turn off and the cameras don't broadcast.

https://twitter.com/gzornick/status/1088128136397631491?s=19

This came into play in the House sit-in over guns back in 2015/2016, I forget when. Democrats sat in the House to semi-shut it down, Paul Ryan cut the C-SPAN feed, and the members had to broadcast on Periscope and other live streaming sites.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Except unlike democrats the trump cronies have no problem simply turning those back on and filming with no repercussions. A Pirate CSPAN broadcast would be extraordinarily weird but if you’re the president and staff you have physical access and once you have physical access it’s 90% there

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

facialimpediment posted:

I was about to edit my above post, because there's another option: Trump shows up, goes on the House floor, and the lights turn off and the cameras don't broadcast.

This came into play in the House sit-in over guns back in 2015/2016, I forget when. Democrats sat in the House to semi-shut it down, Paul Ryan cut the C-SPAN feed, and the members had to broadcast on Periscope and other live streaming sites.

Mmm yes the president of the United States inviting himself over to the chamber of a co-equal branch of our federal government. If I had any faith in the American electorate I'd think this was a bad move but Trump's prior WWF experience is a real advantage here.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Really hope AOC is up there shouting:
Hey hey DJT
How many times did the hookers pee?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Hey hey! Tiny Hands!
How many people have you scammed?

Hey hey! Bony feet!
Why do you like hooker's pee?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

If he acts up he can be tossed out same as anyone else.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
The Secret Service would not allow him to be tossed out of the House.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Cohen's testimony before congress has been postponed.
https://twitter.com/emilyjanefox/status/1088142467545862144?s=19

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
In zany foreign relations news I couldn’t tell if this is real but it’s apperenlty real as of like 15 minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/phil_mattingly/status/1088138107885621255?s=21

Casimir Radon posted:

If he acts up he can be tossed out same as anyone else.

How?

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Bored As gently caress posted:

The Secret Service would not allow him to be tossed out of the House.

I'm sure they wouldn't, but he'd look pretty stupid sat there like a pissed baby while they all looked like they wanted to be anywhere else.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

M_Gargantua posted:

In zany foreign relations news I couldn’t tell if this is real but it’s apperenlty real as of like 15 minutes ago.

https://twitter.com/phil_mattingly/status/1088138107885621255?s=21

How?

Guaido tragically fell down the stairs on to a pile of bullets while being arrested.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It's gotta be possible to remove him if it's lawful? Secret Service is not there to protect him from lawful acts.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

aphid_licker posted:

It's gotta be possible to remove him if it's lawful? Secret Service is not there to protect him from lawful acts.

"You guys wanna get paid? Get me in that building"

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

That Works posted:

"You guys wanna get paid? Get me in that building"

"Sir, you aren't paying us."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

This is some tin pot dictator crap.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Donald Trump, King corpse maker!!!

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

LingcodKilla posted:

This is some tin pot dictator crap.

*nuclear armed dictator

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cohen is claiming that the Trump admin is making unspecified "threats" against him and his family, which is delaying his testimony. He has lied to the FBI before so who knows, but it would be icing on the cake if someone told him they were going to fit him for cement shoes if he testified.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Weapons grade urinium pot dictator

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

orange juche posted:

Cohen is claiming that the Trump admin is making unspecified "threats" against him and his family, which is delaying his testimony. He has lied to the FBI before so who knows, but it would be icing on the cake if someone told him they were going to fit him for cement shoes if he testified.

im thinking its mueller telling him to chill out for a short bit

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Piss pot dictator.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

The admin has very publicly made threats against him and his family

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Chamber pot dictator

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fallom posted:

I think you’ll find the president lies and threatens everyone so you really can’t take any one threat seriously. Take for example “the Mexicans will pay for the wall”. This was simply taken out context and what he meant was “poor Mexican-Americans will pay partially for the wall” which is basically true.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

orange juche posted:

Fallom posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1086277705916502017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's probably a good excuse because the Buzzfeed article is still fresh enough.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Well, that was quick.

https://twitter.com/KellyO/status/1088157878928764928?s=19

Edit: oh hey, possible bank robbery or something

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1088158952486068224?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002