Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

evol262 posted:

Forge World has released models with complete nonsense datasheets multiple times and had to immediately errata them. For example, an admech release which added the terrax drill accidentally blocked the entire admech detachment from actually using canticles.

Like that one seems like a dumb oversight.

Peak "FW doesn't know what the gently caress" is that one superheavy that doubled its strength on a 6 to wound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

I put my Warhound in a cardboard box full of packing peanuts, it seemed to work ok (nothing broke off).

same

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

These bits would make amazing Raven Guard chosen.

Crab-Stuffed
Jul 24, 2006

I'll wait for the rules. I'm not sure they're what Custodes needed, I'm still painting 20 Jetbikes for shits and giggles (mostly the former). I may replace the heads with Jetbike helmets.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Like that one seems like a dumb oversight.

Peak "FW doesn't know what the gently caress" is that one superheavy that doubled its strength on a 6 to wound.

That would be the Dimachaeron. They did at least errata that to be on hit rolls. Still, that thing has mind boggling rules from top to bottom. The double scythes are somehow worse than regular monstrous scythes. The maw has clunky, confusing rules with lots of variables and it has easily the most punishing degradation table of any unit in the game. (WS goes from 2 to 4 to 5. Attacks goes from 6 to 5 to 3. So expected hits drops from 5 to 1. It has no shooting attacks)

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Master Twig posted:

That would be the Dimachaeron. They did at least errata that to be on hit rolls. Still, that thing has mind boggling rules from top to bottom. The double scythes are somehow worse than regular monstrous scythes. The maw has clunky, confusing rules with lots of variables and it has easily the most punishing degradation table of any unit in the game. (WS goes from 2 to 4 to 5. Attacks goes from 6 to 5 to 3. So expected hits drops from 5 to 1. It has no shooting attacks)

Ugh it’s such a busy model too. I want to like it but it’s just bad in every conceivable way. At least the Heirodule/phant have great models, even if their rules/cost are uneven.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Uhh, didn't like a bunch of parts on yours fall off? Genuinely not trying to be a dick, but your horror stories about lost toes is why I went nuts overbuilding mine.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

ANAmal.net posted:

Uhh, didn't like a bunch of parts on yours fall off? Genuinely not trying to be a dick, but your horror stories about lost toes is why I went nuts overbuilding mine.

The toes have broken off before, but that's not that big a deal. Last time I lost one toe

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Where does that Custodes flyer pic come from anyway? I’m not seeing a preview article up on WC.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Stephenls posted:

Where does that Custodes flyer pic come from anyway? I’m not seeing a preview article up on WC.

FW's facebook page for now.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Zasze posted:

These bits would make amazing Raven Guard chosen.

Hot garbage nobody asked for?

So business as usual with the idiots at FW.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

TheChirurgeon posted:

The toes have broken off before, but that's not that big a deal. Last time I lost one toe

Should be a disclaimer on Forge World's website.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

evol262 posted:

The other part is that "this has rules but no model" is more common that it should be. It's better than it used to be in the past, but it's not currently possible to get a sonic dreads outsider of sketchy Chinese recasters.

Isn't this less them not making models and more them still supporting out of print models?

Or am I thinking of different old dread models they used to do?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I am really curious how these jump dudes fit in an army that has jet bikes.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Uroboros posted:

I am really curious how these jump dudes fit in an army that has jet bikes.

Very Carefully

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Hencoe posted:

That aside I have an odd request because I have no idea where to start looking, but does anyone make a case or foam for a 28mm warlord titan?

I just assumed anyone who actually bought a warlord would have Enrique carry it for them

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

Ah, yeah, toes isn't the end of the world. I pinned the poo poo out of mine, but probably didn't have to. I still need to finish writing that Goonhammer post about how to stupidly overbuilt one, but there are so few people that would directly benefit from it that I've been putting it off.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013

Particularly because they look to be on incepter flight stands.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I like those models but only as the basis of some sweet Raptor conversions.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Giant Isopod posted:

I just assumed anyone who actually bought a warlord would have Enrique carry it for them

I’d suggest a baby bjorn.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Toholkh the Blinded, named Necron Cryptek.

Special rule on his Aetherstave: “A unit that suffers an unsaved wound from this weapon may not Advance until the end of its next turn.”

Fun fact; the Aetherstave is a melee weapon.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

A madman just posted this on Spikey Bit's FB -

Not sure if Manta or Kill Team Board.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I hate Mantas. One once vaporized my Falchion with little effort.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
That's a very pretty semester of tuition.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

OhDearGodNo posted:

I hate Mantas. One once vaporized my Falchion with little effort.

I should hope that a 2600 point model can handle a 500 point tank with little effort.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Strobe posted:

I should hope that a 2600 point model can handle a 500 point tank with little effort.

1017 points.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

OhDearGodNo posted:

1017 points.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

That is amazing

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
The wrecked mecharius turret is a nice touch.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
Just primed up 1500 pts of Death Guard in one night with a 20 minute break.

I cant loving wait to start painting these bad boys.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Looking to put together a chaos boys army including heaps bike squads with plasma as a core component as I have collected about 30 of them over time.

A 5 man squad of bikes with two plasma guns + champ with combi plasma and chain swords on everyone is 148points. It’s fast, shooty and has some ablative wounds with the 2 vanilla bikes, and can be buffed by lords and sorcerers for all sorts of things. I can easily run 4 squads like this in an outrider detachment.

I’m stuck on what to put this with for bodies and board presence?.... I could fill the board with cultist spam, tzanngor/horror bombs, bloodletter bombs or go full crazy Thousand sons and run 3 mutaliths buffing everything with tzeentch keywords and have cultists everywhere regenerating via tide of cultists unlocked with the chaos bike detachment.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Might consider death guard for the cheapo resiliant plague zombies.

evol262
Nov 30, 2010
#!/usr/bin/perl

Killer_Bees! posted:

Looking to put together a chaos boys army including heaps bike squads with plasma as a core component as I have collected about 30 of them over time.

A 5 man squad of bikes with two plasma guns + champ with combi plasma and chain swords on everyone is 148points. It’s fast, shooty and has some ablative wounds with the 2 vanilla bikes, and can be buffed by lords and sorcerers for all sorts of things. I can easily run 4 squads like this in an outrider detachment.

I’m stuck on what to put this with for bodies and board presence?.... I could fill the board with cultist spam, tzanngor/horror bombs, bloodletter bombs or go full crazy Thousand sons and run 3 mutaliths buffing everything with tzeentch keywords and have cultists everywhere regenerating via tide of cultists unlocked with the chaos bike detachment.

I'd rather run melta bikes, but what legion are you planning on? Cultists are fine. Plain CSM might be worth it with bolter discipline. They're a lot more survivable than cultists -- even chaff clearers like twin assault cannons are more likely to wipe 10 cultists than 5 CSM, but you lose board control. And if you run the cultists as IW, who cares.

Personally, I'd want bikers to be slaanesh or khorne, especially since mutalith buffing just isn't that great for the points versus simply adding FW dreads or even a maulerfiend, but needs a legion pick before any real feedback

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Beta rules for the golden flyboys are up (plus other FW Custard units): https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Forgeworld_Custodes_Datasheets-1.pdf

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

evol262 posted:

I'd rather run melta bikes, but what legion are you planning on? Cultists are fine. Plain CSM might be worth it with bolter discipline. They're a lot more survivable than cultists -- even chaff clearers like twin assault cannons are more likely to wipe 10 cultists than 5 CSM, but you lose board control. And if you run the cultists as IW, who cares.

Personally, I'd want bikers to be slaanesh or khorne, especially since mutalith buffing just isn't that great for the points versus simply adding FW dreads or even a maulerfiend, but needs a legion pick before any real feedback

Totally the issue I am running into is that I can't pick a legion to dedicate too. I am using 30k Word Bearer heads and Chests on all the bikers to give them proper renegade sorcerers flavor but actual allegiance is up for grabs because lol at the WB rules in 40k. Really trying not to use any FW cause the lads I play with are beer hammer and chill tier. 3 Mauler fiends and Iron warrior fearless cultists are tempting for sure, simple too, here is hoping the rumors of possible new Obliterators are real!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
BFG Armada 2 spoilers if you care about it:

The prologue takes place during the Fall of Cadia and there's a part where you get to control The Phalanx, the Imperial Fists' fuckhuge pre-heresey mobile space fortress, and I'm actually wondering if this is the first time its been visually depicted in anything?

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Killer_Bees! posted:

Tzaangors will clean up. Spam them and use them to soak up overwatch and they will do some serious damage.

They do more damage than the actual Space Marines in my Thousand Sons army, incidentally, who in the game I played today got shot off the board turn one by Vindicares or couldn't get onto range because they were relying on the Sorcerer who just got shot off the board by Vindicares to get them into range.

Body count of five total, unlike my daemon prince who singlehandedly chewed through half the enemy army and won me the game. Princes and tzaangors are pretty much all you need.

MinistryofLard fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 25, 2019

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

MinistryofLard posted:

Tzaangors will clean up. Spam them and use them to soak up overwatch and they will do some serious damage.

They do more damage than the actual Space Marines in my Thousand Sons army, incidentally, who in the game I played today got shot off the board turn one by Vindicares or couldn't get onto range because they were relying on the Sorcerer who just got shot off the board by Vindicares to get them into range.

Body count of five total, unlike my daemon prince who singlehandedly chewed through half the enemy army and won me the game. Princes and tzaangors are pretty much all you need.

Tzaangors with a Dark Matter Crystal DP are pretty cool for sure, there is a heap of ways to buff them too and the Tzeentch powers are tons of fun.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Holy poo poo, Kelermorphs are apparently amazing character assassins. They can target characters and have three 2-shot pistols that each generate another shot on successful hits, meaning 6-12 shots per turn. :stare: After murdering a target, all friendly cultists cheer in adoration and get to reroll 1s to hit. Yeah, I'll be taking these.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/01/25/25th-jan-warhammer-40000-new-charactersgw-homepage-post-1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
The boosted cult ambush is pretty swanky too.