Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Italian movies from that era have some of the best music you'll ever hear in your life.

Hell, Agent Double 007/Operation Kid Brother had a soundtrack by the legendary Ennio Morricone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sotrain515
Oct 21, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

The one that kills me every time in sacrifice is Crow's slightly indignant, "Well MY name is Bill Shtinkwater!"

I always hear that as "Bilge Stinkwater".

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Two more great hunks of '70s cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0869MUqUqvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YesCZm6R3nM

I have to say, though, the video for You Better Run just doesn't have the same effect without the triangle-pantied gyrating women.

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Hell, Agent Double 007/Operation Kid Brother had a soundtrack by the legendary Ennio Morricone.

As does Diabolik. The score for that movie is spectacular.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Forklift Song is one of my faves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTxJG-wvMWY

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
RIP Dick Miller :(

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Watching Code Name: Diamond Head and gosh this sure is a TV movie. Plus so much Lovejoy!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ole!

I am seriously considering subbing to the RT Twitch channel just to get rid of the ads. They keep playing this one League of Legends ad that tries to convince me LoL isn't a harsh, jarring, comfortless experience I will not have it.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Do you have an ad blocker? I do and I've never seen ads on Twitch. It's also linked to my Amazon Prime account. That may also effect that.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Yeah mine's linked to a Prime account so I don't get ads but iirc I never got ads before I subbed when I watched on the ps4.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jet Jaguar posted:

Watching Code Name: Diamond Head and gosh this sure is a TV movie. Plus so much Lovejoy!

I have a friend who's a major Ian MacShane fan, so I loaned that ep to him. He was hoping for maybe ONE Lovejoy reference, so he was pleasantly surprised at all the references.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You can't talk about Italian B movie soundtracks without mentioning the Cannibal Holocaust theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQkc2Qql91o

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fezz posted:

Do you have an ad blocker? I do and I've never seen ads on Twitch. It's also linked to my Amazon Prime account. That may also effect that.

Yeah, AdBlock Plus. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, ouch. It feels like every five minutes or something, and that's not hyperbole sometimes.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, AdBlock Plus. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, ouch. It feels like every five minutes or something, and that's not hyperbole sometimes.

Try Ublock Origin instead, maybe? Adblock Plus used to be good but then they sold out to allow certain ads through for money, so maybe that's why that's happening. Maybe not though - I could be very wrong about all of that.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Prime no longer gets rid of ads for twitch streams.

https://blog.twitch.tv/changes-to-twitch-prime-a986f0d8c9a9

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

we pay more this year to get less.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Pumaman is probably one of the few movies where I wanted the villain to win.

Edit:
There were just so many windows of opportunity that it just makes me mad.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 3, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

HopperUK posted:

Try Ublock Origin instead, maybe? Adblock Plus used to be good but then they sold out to allow certain ads through for money, so maybe that's why that's happening. Maybe not though - I could be very wrong about all of that.

That worked, thanks!

Now I can watch, ad-free and uninterrupted, Cool As Ice... oh no.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Just started season 3 and the first episode is an Ator sequel! And it's even worse than the original, yay!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

For Twitch ads also note that they're constantly trying to get them past uBlock and uBlock is constantly trying to undo it. So you could be watching fine, then reload your browser and get ads, then next time uBlock updates they're gone again.

My biggest gripe about streaming ads is that they just pop in wherever/whenever, it's so jarring. Also because on Youtube (I use the phone app so can't block ads) it'll just show at the start of a video, and then suddenly decide on a random video to show one every three minutes.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I want a whole series of 70s TV movie pilots. San Francisco International and Code Name: Diamond Head are super fun.

“The answer, my friend, is blow it out your rear end.” Plus so much smug in Parnell Roberts.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Jet Jaguar posted:

I want a whole series of 70s TV movie pilots. San Francisco International and Code Name: Diamond Head are super fun.

“The answer, my friend, is blow it out your rear end.” Plus so much smug in Parnell Roberts.

I'm sure that there are hundreds of these sitting in a vault somewhere in Hollywood.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

thelaughingman posted:

Edit:

My headcanon is that Donald Pleasance is the same character in Puma Man and Warrior of the Lost World. He finally takes over the world in the future because Puma Man sucks so bad. Then Fred Williamson helps him pull one over on the Paper Chase Guy because that guy sucks so bad, too. In short, the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to suck so bad.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

thelaughingman posted:

Edit:

I think he did win.

How else would he become the President of the United States, while also being so unbelievably British

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I admit it, I now love California Lady

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The next book for 372 Pages has been announced and my God, it's full of stars.

https://www.amazon.in/Certified-Accountant-64-SQUARES-Financial-Statements-ebook/dp/B01LYMX2TL

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Dawgstar posted:

https://www.amazon.in/Certified-Accountant-64-SQUARES-Financial-Statements-ebook/dp/B01LYMX2TL

What.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dawgstar posted:

This reads like an activation phrase.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Mr. Fowl posted:

It reads like a money laundering scheme. Just the kind of thing you'd expect a shady chartered public accountant to be a part of!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Can RADAR save our dying marriage?!?

So much Hypno Helio Static Stasis in Radar Secret Service but at least there’s RADAR!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Jet Jaguar posted:

Can RADAR save our dying marriage?!?

So much Hypno Helio Static Stasis in Radar Secret Service but at least there’s RADAR!

Did people back then really believe radar could do all those things?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr. Fowl posted:

I don't exaggerate when I say it is the greatest work of modern literature of our age.

I also am not afraid of highs. I wake and bake every day!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Mister Kingdom posted:

You don't deserve RADAR! <:mad:>

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Mister Kingdom posted:

Let's just say you shouldn't expect accurate historical data from B-movies.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So has there been any official word yet on a DVD release for Season 12 and/or plans for future seasons?

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Larryb posted:

So has there been any official word yet on a DVD release for Season 12 and/or plans for future seasons?

Before the season was released they had a presale for DVDs/BluRays. They said people who pre-ordered would get them about 6 months after the season was released on Netflix while everyone else would have to wait 12.

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Feb 7, 2019

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

Let's just say you shouldn't expect accurate historical data from B-movies.

It will be able to do all those things, And More. Not today, but Soon, thanks to Hard-working American Scientists! :patriot:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It will be able to do all those things, And More. Not today, but Soon, thanks to Hard-working American Scientists! :patriot:

Big men putting screwdrivers into things!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Let me amend that to say, B-movies, or capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bicyclops posted:

Big men putting screwdrivers into things!

Turning them!