Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

loquacius posted:

Does Left Behind count as dystopia?

I went on a kick of watching christian rapture movies a couple months back and all they taught me was the (invariably egalitarian communist) antichrist sounds loving fantastic and please put the tattoo on my forehead and issue me a pair of evangelical stomping jackboots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do I want the Stone indictments cartoons or the Trump caving cartoons?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

How will garrison approach trump caving?
Will it be

Actually this is a 1337D chess maneuver and you idiots dont understand.

Or

God Daddy Muscles is infallible therefore this didnt happen. Comic about something else.

Take your bets.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Do I want the Stone indictments cartoons or the Trump caving cartoons?

Ben Garrison draws a rippling, naked Donald Trump, building a wall made out of stone, except the stone bricks are forming an equally ripped, equally naked Roger Stone. The speech bubble from Trump reads "Don't worry, this time, I'll get you."

In the background on a hill we see a tiny, angry Pelosi screaming "Orange Man Bad!" while a gangly, scrawny Mueller runs at Trump, holding a piece of paper with the words "WITCH HUNT" written on it.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

fool_of_sound posted:

I went on a kick of watching christian rapture movies a couple months back and all they taught me was the (invariably egalitarian communist) antichrist sounds loving fantastic and please put the tattoo on my forehead and issue me a pair of evangelical stomping jackboots.

Hey guys and gals, get hit with a new craze! Register today for your very own personal 666 barcode implant!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lknW2mzXMMY

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dear Lord, I do not want much from this life, but please make Garrison stay mad at Trump long enough to finish a cartoon.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Hihohe posted:

How will garrison approach trump caving?
Will it be

Actually this is a 1337D chess maneuver and you idiots dont understand.

Or

God Daddy Muscles is infallible therefore this didnt happen. Comic about something else.

Take your bets.

The former, but with bullets bouncing off Trump's chest while Garrison proclaims in the wall of text that Stone left the campaign in 2015 like it's a sick own against the Libs.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Garrison will chicken out on addressing either Stone or the Cave and draw a cartoon about something completely different. Football? AOC? Or old, trusty Hillary?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

:siren:NSFW for Trump butt-mouth and Roger Stone's hairy ballsack.:siren: 11

That body proportion :psyduck: Did this start out as a Roger Stone cartoon?

I wonder how much Payne lost on the Chiefs.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

Garrison will chicken out on addressing either Stone or the Cave and draw a cartoon about something completely different. Football? AOC? Or old, trusty Hillary?

This. I've said it before, but the question "How will Garrison address this thing that is bad/embarrassing for Trump?" is almost always answered by "He'll ignore it entirely."

Selachian fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 25, 2019

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

fool_of_sound posted:

Sign me up too comrade!

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Trump absolutely, positively does not know how tariffs work.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

there wolf posted:

Nah, there is a ton of right-wing "the world is a hellscape because communism/ we respected civil rights too much" fiction out there. It's just not all that popular, especially to kids right now.

My bet is Tinsley is being an old man yelling at the fading trend for dystopia in teen movies, set off by having to sit through a trailer for one recently.

There was this thread from a few years back for instance.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802382

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I wonder what Bolling's username is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

NFL (NOT FAIR LEAGUE)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gaybies Nomination: Worst Caricature

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
The worst thing about the New England-Kansas City game was that Kansas City, while ahead, had got a turnover from New England with too little time left for NE to get the ball back and try another scoring drive. They won.

Except one of the KC players had lined up over the line of scrimmage instead of on it, and the penalty erased the play.

I don't really care about KC, but I so wanted to keep New England out of the super bowl.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Oh my god she's so mad

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Phuzzy posted:

Oh my god she's so mad

This is so delicious it should be fattening.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

...Ann Coulter thinks George HW was wimpier than George W or Jimmy Carter?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Garrison's cartoon today is still obsessed with the Covington kid:

https://twitter.com/GrrrGraphics/status/1088869086870683648

and otherwise his Twitter is all about how Roger Stone is innocent and anyway NO COLLUSION and he seems to be almost completely ignoring Trump's speech.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sandpuppy posted:

I wonder how much Payne lost on the Chiefs.
It's better than when all you needed was a field goal.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I've noticed that in the minds of not only Garrison but also of the other Republican cartoonists who've been the knee, the only thing it is possible to hate is Donald Trump

Hate of anything else is actually just love of Trump's policies

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Besesoth posted:

and otherwise his Twitter is all about how Roger Stone is innocent and anyway NO COLLUSION and he seems to be almost completely ignoring Trump's speech.

Did Garrison consult a goddamn phrenology textbook before drawing these caricatures? Because this is just "a strong-jawed, benevolent smiling white boy versus a shriveled, hook-nosed crooked-toothed brown".

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Without the racist caricature that almost has a point Garrison.

Its dangerously close to 'a thing happened' to observe the people think different things.

But it was almost a point!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Besesoth posted:

I like how the kid's vision fits in to the drummer's vision.
I want to build a wall to keep brown people out and rain justice down on everyone else!
I know, you nazi.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

Does Left Behind count as dystopia?

Not really? Dystopia is a commentary on some currant anxiety about the world, whereas apocalypse narratives are really just any story about the world ending. Left Behind arguably doesn't fit into the overlap because it's prophetic. You aren't supposed to dread or implement change to prevent the end times; just know they're coming and get saved so you can avoid the nightmare.

I dont know posted:

There was this thread from a few years back for instance.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802382

Oh hell yes. You are my favorite person right now.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Besesoth posted:

Ben posted:

Earlier this week I dashed out a cartoon that commented on the controversy involving an elder Native American veteran banging his drum in the face of a high school kid wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat.

Leftists were outraged and accused the kid of racism. There were many vicious tweets—some calling for violence against the kid and his high school, including some death threats. Then the Indian vet was shown to be a fraud. He didn’t serve in Vietnam and in fact he was a professional protestor and agitator. He aggressively zoomed in on the hat-wearing kid to provoke a reaction, to be used against Trump and his supporters. I thought the story would quickly die down once it was proven that the Indian was the aggressor. I expected the Deep State media to ignore the story since it wasn’t going their way, but the reporting dragged on. I began to realize it wasn’t about the kids at all, but rather the MAGA hats they wore.

The left wants to convert such hat wearing into an act of racist bigotry. You’ll often hear the censorious tyrants on the left use the term ‘dog whistle.’ It’s their way to hijack and distort the meaning of symbols and words in order to disparage their targets and shame them into silence. They probably consider a MAGA cap to be a ‘dog whistle’ for racist hate. It’s a cheap trick and we can’t allow them get away with it. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with trying to make America great again or wearing a hat that supports that goal.

A troll once commented that my western hat was a ‘symbol of racism and hate.’ Wrong. I wear it to help keep the Montana sun off my ears. I also respect my Garrison ancestry—many were real cowboys in Texas. The Antifa wear kerchiefs over their faces to hide their identities while committing criminal acts of violence, but of course the left won’t call such black masks a dog whistle or symbol of hate. They encourage violence and intimidation when it suits them.

I tip my hat to the MAGA cap kids who acted peacefully.

—Ben Garrison

UPDATE: A team of very high profile lawyers are joining together to fight for justice for the Covington Catholic High School students who were ruthlessly attacked by the media following a school trip to DC for the March for Life.

According to lawyer Robert Barnes, who is representing several of the families, the team will include at least five lawyers from five different law firms — all with a record of high profile civil cases. H/T Gateway Pundit

Celebrating my Garrison ancestry.

It doesn't even seem like the right wingers are even talking about the Black Isrealites at this point, it's all about how the CovCath kids totally didn't do anything and then that no-good "Indian" came up and beat his drum in their faces! Guilty just for wearing a simple, totally innocent and in-no-way-supportive-of racist-and-fascist-behavior hat?!

Oh, and good timing on putting ":swoon: BUILDING THE WALL!" in that toon.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When I saw the story about Roger Stone being arrested, I wondered what Trump would do to try and crowd out the headlines. Have to admit I didn't think ending the shutdown (for 2 weeks) would be it.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:: STRAYA DAY

It is Australia Day but there aren't many interesting cartoons about it this year, possibly due to everyone having already got it out of their system.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Anna Wintour, Vogue editor-in-chief, made a speech at a lunch at the Australian Open (attended by former Liberal deputy Julie Bishop, seated next to her here) where she slammed both the government and Margaret Court for their policies and views on LGBTIQ issues. This cartoon is running above a page of letters to the editor about how dare the frock lady think her opinion matters on Australia Day.

Rowe:

First Dog is currently running from bushfires so instead he recommended David Squires cartoon about Hakeem al-Araibi:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Airbus boss's opinion about May's Brexit planning – Chief executive Tom Enders has said the government’s handling of Brexit is a disgrace"

Telegraph:

'Hair-shirt club': How 19 Remain ministers have met secretly in bid to stop no-deal Brexit

Matt:

Independent:

Brexit: TUC chief tells PM to 'start listening'

Times:

Venezuela crisis: US pulls out staff and tells citizens to 'strongly consider' leaving
Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Evening Standard:

Queen's speech calling for 'common ground' seen as Brexit allusion

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... speedboat killer in Georgia

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog is currently running from bushfires so instead he recommended David Squires cartoon about Hakeem al-Araibi:

This is absolutely horrifying, Jesus Christ

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Goddammit Matson don't paint your team as the dickhead.

All political cartoonists are incompetent.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

https://twitter.com/RobSmithJr/status/1088902356345991168

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The Pelosi shutdown eh? Never to early to rewrite history from.being proud to own it

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The wall will cost at least five times that amount, so the cartoon is just lie upon lie.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

The wall will cost at least five times that amount, so the cartoon is just lie upon lie.

When he tried to trade dreamers (in his failed attempt to actually make a deal) he asked for a 7 billion "downpayment"

So they know. And are just lying at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n-Y4TIgktg